Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
arms20astrid20belgium20habsburg20es.jpg

A new thread for Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz of Belgium' current events

The previous thread can be found here

Please post current news and pictures of Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, and their family in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Rules & FAQs
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Do not post thumbnails of pictures, you can provide link to pictures only.
  • Please remember when posting pictures, to post only selected ones (there is no need to post whole bunch of similar photos). Providing a direct link to the photos or the photo album is recommended.
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Flemish Red Cross clashes openly with Princess Astrid

Since a long time the relationship between the Flemish (Dutch speaking) and Wallonian (French speaking) branches of the Belgian Red Cross is very tensed. The core underlying problem is that the Flemish branch has its books in order, enjoys a surplus on its budget and is managed well. The Wallonian branch is the opposite.

Flemish members of the Board of the Belgian Red Cross and many Flemish volunteers want to break the Belgian Red Cross, to get the smoothly operated Flemish branch indepent from its problematic Wallonian sister-organiation.

Princess Astrid, since 1995 the president of the Belgian Red Cross, has fiercely opposed the tendences in the Flemish branch to break away from the Belgian Red Cross.....

Source: Het Belang van Limburg - online krant

has anyone ever met Lorenz in real life? what is he like?

Henri M. said:
Since a long time the relationship between the Flemish (Dutch speaking) and Wallonian (French speaking) branches of the Belgian Red Cross is very tensed. The core underlying problem is that the Flemish branch has its books in order, enjoys a surplus on its budget and is managed well. The Wallonian branch is the opposite.

Flemish members of the Board of the Belgian Red Cross and many Flemish volunteers want to break the Belgian Red Cross, to get the smoothly operated Flemish branch indepent from its problematic Wallonian sister-organiation.

Princess Astrid, since 1995 the president of the Belgian Red Cross, has fiercely opposed the tendences in the Flemish branch to break away from the Belgian Red Cross.....

Source: Het Belang van Limburg - online krant
**New news...
Apparantly Guido Kestens, has resigned as chairman of the Flemish Red Cross. Mr Kestens said he felt a lack of support after his decision to sack Princess Astrid's personal assistant.
Princess Astrid doesn't favour a "regionalisation" of the Belgian Red Cross, which would create a separate Flemish and Francophone division.
Some say that the decision to sack her personal assistant, Ms Rutten, was a move by the Flemish Red Cross to get back at the Princess.
More information can be found here...
flandersnews.be - Flemish Red Cross chairman quits

Good grief. No matter what they do this poor family continues to be emroled in scandal! I am sure that they are not blameless, but I can't imagine that they should have this much grief!

Astrid's men [son and husband are] shy...

State Visit
Day 2: 21/03/07
Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz at a concert in the "Museum of Modern Arts" in Brussels.
Getty Images
ImageShack - Hosting :: galaaslormj3.jpg
P.P.E
ImageShack - Hosting :: carlorastjh3.jpg
It seems that all the men in Astrid's 5 member family are shy [wrong, not quite sure about Prince Joachim, yet :rolleyes: ]. It looks like Amedeo get's it from his pa, Lorenz :lol: . By the way, Astrid looks much better than she did at the gala.

Last edited:
22 March 2007
The College de France, Paris:
Princess Astrid of Belgium and Thierry de Barsy, President of the Royal Academy of Medicine in Belgium, attend a lecture by Guy Orban, a professor at the Katholieke Universiteit in Leuven, Belgium.
Getty Images
ImageShack - Hosting :: astridmedicinebp2.jpg

Last edited:
Prince Lorenz went to a function [I'm not quite sure what it is for, though],
Follow this link for new news about Astrid and Lorenz [+ rest of BRF]...
Royalty
Click bekijk 1 under 25 March 2007.
Anyone who has seen the above link and knows what Lorenz went to, please post your answer :) .

You mean the concert they are attending ? The European Union celebrates its 50 years together. There was a huge concert in Brussels last saturday.
Edit : Oh now I watched the whole video, I guess you meant the colloquium Lorenz was attending. It was about a lawbook. Not sure what's the appropriate term in English for that particular lawbook though. The colloquium took place in the court of justice of Brussels.

Last edited:
Coquine said:
Edit : Oh now I watched the whole video, I guess you meant the colloquium Lorenz was attending. It was about a lawbook. Not sure what's the appropriate term in English for that particular lawbook though. The colloquium took place in the court of justice of Brussels.
That's what I meant :flowers: . Thank you for Coquine.

flctylu said:
Prince Lorenz went to a function [I'm not quite sure what it is for, though],
Follow this link for new news about Astrid and Lorenz [+ rest of BRF]...
Royalty
Click bekijk 1 under 25 March 2007.
Anyone who has seen the above link and knows what Lorenz went to, please post your answer :) .

this link does not go

it works perfectly fine for me, so I don't know what the problem is...

Marengo said:
it works perfectly fine for me, so I don't know what the problem is...

when I click on bekijk deel 1, the window does not want to open

Pics 22.4.2007

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz opened the 14days of the yearly sticker sale volunteer day of the Red Cross , Sunday 22 April 2007 in the Zoo of Antwerp. BELGA PHOTO KRIS VAN EXE

Pic 1
Pic 2

--> Link

Thanks for the links. Question...Does every public appearance that Lorenz make with Astrid? Is Laeticia Maria in school yet?

I believe she is, and in the same school as her cousin Elisabeeth to, if I recall it correctly.

too, if I recall it correctly:flowers:

Marengo said:
I believe she is, and in the same school as her cousin Elisabeeth to, if I recall it correctly.

Pics 30.4.2007

Princess Astrid and Claude Durieux, governor of Hainaut, in La Louviere Red Cross blood transfusion center, Monday 30 April 2007. BELGA PHOTO VIRGINIE LEFOUR

Pic 1
Pic 2

Pics 9.5.2007

05/09/2007. Princess Astrid celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Convention on the antipersonnel mines ban,in Brussels, Belgium, LEBRUN DIDIER:

Pic 1
Pic 2

Pics 18.5.2007

05/18/2007. Princess Astrid at the "Special Olympics" in Nivelles,in Nivelles, Belgium, by Didier Lebrun:

Astrid 1
Astrid 2

Good to see the princess again. She is one of my favbourites of the Belgian RF. It seems that her personality resembles her fathers one a bit. She seems equally good-natured and always in for a good laugh.

Here are two bigger pics of the event Astrid attended on Tuesday:

Princess Astrid delivers the "Fondation Medicale Reine Elisabeth" medical awards, in Brussels, Belgium, 22 May 2007

Astrid 1
Astrid 2

Pics 16.6.2007

Princess Astrid of Belgium arrives to give blood on World Blood Donor day, during a blood donation afternoon organised by the Motorcyclist Association Blue Knights - Belgique IV and the Belgian Red Cross at the Abbey of Maredsous at Denee, near Namur, Belgium, Saturday 16 June 2007. Princess Astrid is national chairwoman of the Belgian Red Cross. BELGA PHOTO BRUNO FAHY:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Picture gallery

Pic 27.8.2007

Princess Astrid today , taking part in a press conference for the fight against malaria in the world:

Astrid 27.8.2007

Two weeks ago Astrid attended an offical event - a garden party together with her husband, here's a pic of her I've found:

Princess Astrid July 2007

Does anybody know if the ladyn next to Astrid is the Princess de Ligne, nee Pss of Brazil? If so, I assume it was at the garden party at Chateau Belouil, the residence of the de Lignes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom