Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Astrid and family are spending their summer holidays in Gallipoli, Italy, here are some pics from yesterday:

** gallery **

i just had a quick look over at the BRF website and it seems that Astrid has a lot of engagements coming up, more than any other member of the family. I guess as the King and Queen find their way and have young children she will take on alot more duties now?

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz have visited Istanbul, Turkey from September 30 to October 2 to participate in activities in connection with the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC Charitable Trust), Astrid is Honorary President of.

Here's a group picture taken at a luncheon given in honour of the delegation on October 1:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Princess Astrid and her younger daughter, Princess Laetitia-Maria, last thursday night attended the launch of the brand "JYB Cosmetics" at Vila Empain.
Source: Place Royale

Attachments

• 1383839_10151618988127161_1017319775_n.jpg
    1383839_10151618988127161_1017319775_n.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 564
Wow!! Princess Laetitia Maria is so grown up..
She is so pretty ;)
Thank you for sharing photo.

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz together with Prince Albert of Monaco visited the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) in Brussels today, January 24, 2014. Prince Albert follows Princess Astrid as Honorary President of the organisation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk ** facetoface **

** 7sur7.be: Astrid cède la présidence d'une ONG à Albert de Monaco ** translation **

** pp gallery: Astrid de Belgique-Albert de Monaco : Chaleureuse passation de pouvoir à l'EORTC **

Last edited:
I don't follow the BElgian Royals all that much but have just been reading all about how her (younger)brother and father have complained how they have not enough money so in the case of Laurent won't carry out as many duties (or in the case of Princess Claire - any at all).
Has Princess Astrid said anything similar or is she happy to carry on working as hard? If she hasn't I wonder why she copes fine with the financial arrangements but Laurent and her father don't and see the need to complain so much about it.
Certainly she seems to have taken on quite a lot since her older brother became King.

I don't follow the BElgian Royals all that much but have just been reading all about how her (younger)brother and father have complained how they have not enough money so in the case of Laurent won't carry out as many duties (or in the case of Princess Claire - any at all).
Has Princess Astrid said anything similar or is she happy to carry on working as hard? If she hasn't I wonder why she copes fine with the financial arrangements but Laurent and her father don't and see the need to complain so much about it.
Certainly she seems to have taken on quite a lot since her older brother became King.

the main thing is basically that she has a working husband, who provides goods for their family. Laurent doesn't work (at least not that i know of) and Albert never did, so I assume it's quite a change for both of them. but they need to realize they cannot ask to the country more than the country can afford. especially with an economical crisis like this

Oh I didn't realise Lorenz worked, what does he do? I guess if he earns enough then Astrid doesn't need the money to support her family so its all extra money to support her duties rather than herself. Could Claire not work so as to support Laurent?

Oh I didn't realise Lorenz worked, what does he do? I guess if he earns enough then Astrid doesn't need the money to support her family so its all extra money to support her duties rather than herself. Could Claire not work so as to support Laurent?

He works as an advisor to the Board of Directors of the BNP Paribas bank

Princess Astrid attended the first day of the 'Diplomatic Contact Days 2014' at the Egmont Palace in Brussels today, February 3, 2014.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Princess Astrid attended a workshop on tuberculosis organized by the Damien Houthalen Action Association on the occasion of the World Day of the Fight Against Tuberculosis in Houthalen-Helchteren today, March 24. A fashion company has designed scarfs to support the cause.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** hbvl.be gallery **

** nieuwsblad.be: Prinses Astrid bezoekt JBC ** translation **

** tvl.be video: Prinses Astrid bezoekt JBC in kader van Damiaanactie **

** hbvl.be: Damiaanactie stelt "sjaaltjes van de hoop" voor (album) ** translation **

For what it is worth: several Belgian newspapers claim that in the difficult relationships between the members of the royal family also Princess Astrid of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este plays a role.

Earlier this month it became known that Princess Astrid can only make use of the royal household services when she has engagements on behalf of the King. This means that a car with chauffeur, security, a secretary and other logistic services are no longer at the service of the Princess unless she is requested by the King to represent him. From the entourage of Princess Astrid is heard that she has to give acte de présence everywhere but with considerably less (financial and logistic) support.

Above this, the King would have enforced advisers from his own entourage to his sister. Apparently Princess Astrid experiences this as having no say in matters and feels surrounded by 'strangers'. The newspapers claim that Princess Astrid feels "not valued" by her brother. (Interesting that this is the same complaint as her brother Prince Laurent, who claims never have been valued by his father King Albert II).

These complaints sound a bit "poor me" in comparison with other children of a Sovereign in neighbouring countries who advance in studies or pursue an own career.

Last edited:
For what it is worth: several Belgian newspapers claim that in the difficult relationships between the members of the royal family also Princess Astrid of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este plays a role.

Earlier this month it became known that Princess Astrid can only make use of the royal household services when she has engagements on behalf of the King. This means that a car with chauffeur, security, a secretary and other logistic services are no longer at the service of the Princess unless she is requested by the King to represent him. From the entourage of Princess Astrid is heard that she has to give acte de présence everywhere but with considerably less (financial and logistic) support.

Above this, the King would have enforced advisers from his own entourage to his sister. Apparently Princess Astrid experiences this as having no say in matters and feels surrounded by 'strangers'. The newspapers claim that Princess Astrid feels "not valued" by her brother. (Interesting that this is the same complaint as her brother Prince Laurent, who claims never have been valued by his father King Albert II).

These complaints sound a bit "poor me" in comparison with other children of a Sovereign in neighbouring countries who advance in studies or pursue an own career.

To be honest I can understand why, if this is true, the Princess is a bit upset.
On one hand she has gone from being the second child of a King to the sister of a King with 4 children. Clearly she will very unlikely every be Queen and, in fact, her role and prominence will only ever lessen. Thus it that way its understandable that the support around her is decreased.
However, at present she is carrying out economic mission for her brother, a job he as heir did when his father was King. In this way I can see why Astrid may be upset, she is performing the duties expected of an heir whilst having the support she is use to taken away. This does seem a little unfair if true.

Considering Princess Astrid has always appeared to have undertaken her fair share of engagements over the years, I doubt she has time to study or pursue her own career - in any event, at her age she's hardly just out of college! I also doubt very much indeed that she is shallow enough to base her complaint upon the arrangements made for foreign princesses.
If it was deemed necessary for her to have palace support and security previously, it should be deemed necessary now, unless she has retired into oblivion and become a private citizen.

On September 19th Princess Astrid attended the opening of the Belgian Chocolate Village Museum in Koekelberg.

** Pic ** placeroyale fb **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom