Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Astrid attended the prize giving ceremony of the van Gysel's Foundation for Biomedical
Research on April 28, 2011 in Brussels. The prize was awarded to Prof. Dr. Franz-Ulrich Hartl of
the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistery.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

Princess Astrid visited stands during the the open days of the European
Parliament, Brussels, May 7, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

On May 4, Prince Lorenz opened a new exhibition at the Bibliotheca Wittockiana,
the Museum of Bookbinding and Book Arts in Brussels.

On June 16, 2011 Princess Astrid attended the academic meeting organized by the Queen Elisabeth Medical Foundation (which she is Honorary President of) at the Royal Palace in Brussels:
Search photos : Princess Astrid June 16 2011. Press Photos, Press Agency, Photo Agncy Belgium : Isopix.be

From June 4 to June 11, 2011 the princess -as Patron of the association Apopo- sojourned in Tanzania and Mozambique on the occasion of a humanitarian mission:
La princesse Astrid a effectué une mission humanitaire en Afrique. - Famille Royale - RTL Vidéos
Mission humanitaire en Tanzanie et au Mozambique pour la princesse Astrid. - Famille Royale - RTL Vidéos

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended the funeral ceremony for Otto von Habsburg at
the Saint Stephans Cathedral on July 16, 2011 in Vienna, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife **

On June 28, Princess Astrid visited the Visitor Centre Henry Dunant and the association Clair & Net
Hotton (Melreux). Both organizations are active in the fight against poverty.

In several of the pics of the gallery Astrid looks a lot like her mother.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** La princesse Astrid en visite à Hotton **

She does look like her mother and certainly seems to get around. I do so love seeing her photographs.

Yes she does!. I when i saw it i thought that is Queen Paola!

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Two days ago Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid hosted a large dinner party with about 200 or 300 guests, followed by dances, in the manor farm they have rent in Gallipoli for their holiday. The article suggests it was a birthday party, although it isn't known who was the birthday boy.
La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno.it | Corone d’Europa in arrivo a Gallipoli
Google Traduttore

Did the Italian press figure out the reason for the party or who was the birthday boy/girl? So far all the articles I read are talking about a birthday party, just like the article you posted. But somehow I find that a bit unlikely since there are no real milestone birthdays in this family other than Amedeo's 25th birthday almost 6 months ago and 200 guests doesn't sound like a ordinary party.
BTW where any guests identified by the press?

Last edited:
I didn't find much more informations; actually most of the sources I've checked have all them published the same article linked in my previous post.
I really don't know what was the occasion for the party, nor who was (if there was one) the birthday boy/girl, nor who were the guests.

Princess Astrid visited the center "Nos Pilifs" for handicapped children in Neder-
over-Heembeek on the occasion of it's 40th anniversary, today, September 2nd.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery **

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended the show "My Dream", a performance of Chinese
disabled artists in Brussels on September 25, 2011.

Together with Princess Lea, Princess Astrid today, October 1st, attended the opening
of the oncologic revalidation center 'Koninklijke Villa' in Oostende.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

:previous:

That can happen from time to time, you can always make a new search through that link and the relevant keywords.

Today, Prime Minister Yves Leterme, Ex-President of the United States Jimmy Carter and Princess Astrid posed during
a visit of Jimmy Carter to Belgium, in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Princess Astrid attended an event of the sport week "A chance for everyone" at the Municipal Stadium
of Fleurus, October 7, 2011. The week is organized by the sports club '"Sport for disabled - Fleurus"
within the framework of its 30th anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery **

Princesse Astrid has attended the opening ceremony of The European Parliament's Visitors'
Centre called Parlamentarium in Brussels today, October 11, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** isopix **

Princess Astrid attended the world premiere of the movie "The Adventures Of Tintin:
The Secret of The Unicorn" in Brussels October 22, 2011, brought two of her lovely
daughters with her and met Director Steven Spielberg.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Princess Astrid attended the world premiere of the movie "The Adventures Of Tintin:
The Secret of The Unicorn" in Brussels October 22, 2011, brought two of her lovely
daughters with her and met Director Steven Spielberg.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Wow, Louise Marie changed a lot. Lovely young lady.

Some more

PIC 1 - PIC 2

PIC 1- PIC 2 -

Last edited by a moderator:
Another movie clip of Astrid, Letizia and Louisa attending the premiere of TinTin.
Here we also hear the children speaking:
Videozone

Yesterday, October 25, Princess Astrid visited the laborary of Professor Pierre Vanderhaeghen
(laureate of the 2011 Solvay Prize) at the Human and Molecular Biology Research Institute
(IRIBHM) on the Erasme Campus of the Universite libre de Bruxelles (ULB) in Anderlecht.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom