Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering where Princess Astrid of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este was as I hadn't seen any duties of late.

I'm getting absolutely no news updates through my Google searches. Just wondering if perhaps we have a TRF member in Belgium who has possibly heard something.

I think in the article posted in post #511 it is mentioned that she is prescribed a period of rest before her trip to Argentina and Uruguay at the end of june, so i don't expect we'll see her in public before then?

I think in the article posted in post #511 it is mentioned that she is prescribed a period of rest before her trip to Argentina and Uruguay at the end of june, so i don't expect we'll see her in public before then?

D'oh! So true. Thanks for straightening me out, my friend. :flowers:

Princess Astrid at the baptism today of a new rose after her at the Royal Palace!

Belga Image

Princess Astrid attended today at the presentation of the Prize Fondation Simone et Pierre Clerdent. This event took place at the Château de Colonster in Liege.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dnhw9DzX4AIHIXZ?format=jpg&name=small

And this evening Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended the gala evening of the Support Council King Baudouin Foundation West Flanders. This gala took place at the Barco Center in Kortrijk.

https://kw.knack.be/medias/8986/4601095.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Here are some more photos of Astrid at the presentation of the Simone and Pierre Clerdent Foundation Prize today:

** fb gallery **

Today, October 12, Princess Astrid attended the farewell ceremony for Professor Emeritus Marleen Temmerman at the University of Ghent:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Why not with the King and the Queen, King Albert II and Prince Laurent ?

On December 7 Princess Astrid attended a gala evening organized on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Arab-Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Brussels.

** Pic ** kuna.net article **

This afternoon, December 18, Princess Astrid handed out the National Trophy for Sports Merit 2018 in Brussels:

** dhnet. video **

Today, January 28, Princess Astrid attended a luncheon of the Diplomatic Days held at the Egmont Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:

On January 29 Princess Astrid attended the awarding of the prestigious title of "Foreign Member of the Royal Belgian Academy of Medicine" to Professor Emmanuelle Charpentier, organized by the Royal Belgian Academy of Medicine at the Palais of the Academies of Brussels:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery ** Lovely photos made by a royal watcher **

On March 8 Prince Lorenz as Honorary Chairman of the King Baudouin Foundation's Heritage Fund visited the Hof van Busleyden Museum in Mechelen to view the Besloten Hofjes, a collection of altarpieces from the first half of the 16th century, made by the Augustinian Sisters of Mechelen. The works have been restored with the support of the Baillet Latour Fund.

** Pic ** mailchi.mp: Prinselijk bezoek voor Museum Hof van Busleyden ** translation **

It is lovely to see Prince Lorenz on an official engagement once more. While he likely never expected to become a working royal at the time he married, he has always been the picture of a dutiful and discreet prince.

On March 8 Prince Lorenz as Honorary Chairman of the King Baudouin Foundation's Heritage Fund visited the Hof van Busleyden Museum in Mechelen to view the Besloten Hofjes, a collection of altarpieces from the first half of the 16th century, made by the Augustinian Sisters of Mechelen. The works have been restored with the support of the Baillet Latour Fund.

** Pic

A wonderful picture; the prince apparently time-traveled to the 15th century! ;)

Interestingly, according to the article, many of his ancestors were from the Burgundian/Habsburg Netherlands (Belgium).

On April 3 Princess Astrid and Prinz Lorenz attended a gala dinner organized on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of Operation Télévie. Since 1989, at the initiative of RTL Belgium, Télévie has been raising funds for the Scientific Research Fund (FNRS) for the fight against leukemia and cancer.

** Pic ** msn video: Gala du Télévie hier soir à Bruxelles avec la princesse Astrid **

Today, April 4, Princess Astrid attended the 2018 Prize giving ceremony awarded by the Fund for Scientific Medical Research and managed by the King Baudouin Foundation (FRB). This year five academic research projects in pediatric oncology benefited from the funds.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** kbs-frb: La recherche en oncologie pédiatrique, une nécessité pour améliorer les chances de survie des jeunes patients **

And some lovely photos taken by a royal watcher:

** noblesseetroyautes: Astrid de Belgique à une remise de prix scientifiques **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom