Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One attendance since March 24 , not a hard worker !

:ermm::huh:I wonder, is this completely fair?:huh:
[FONT=&quot]
In the light of circulating messages that King Philip wants to focus more attention on the royal family, being his wife and children.
And according to the circulatory messages, his brother and sister complained that they received fewer representations from him.

[/FONT]

The perception that Astrid worked less since her brother took over is wrong. In fact, she worked more than she used to do under Albert II and also got the important role as trade ambassador. There’s a very well researched blog on the BRF which counts all activities since 2009.
Astrid’s numbers:
2016: 128 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Quel membre de la famille royale a été le plus actif en 2016?
2015: 119 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Le Roi, membre le plus actif de la famille royale en 2015
2014: 156 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Quel membre de la famille royale a été le plus actif en 2014?
2013: 133 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Quel membre de la famille royale belge a-t-il été le plus actif en 2013 ?
2012: 63 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Quel membre de la famille royale a été le plus actif en 2012?
2011: 90 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Activités royales en décembre 2011
2010: 79 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Activités royales en 2010
2009: 63 Blog sur la famille royale belge: Activités royales en décembre 2009

That the king’s sister and nr 5 in line of the throne doesn’t work much or doesn’t work at all would be no problem if it wasn’t for the very lavish dotation she receives. And as per latest news Astrid asked to be relieved of her function as trade ambassador in 2018 – she feels like the workload which comes with 2 trade missions per year is too heavy it was said.

She enterred her costs in time but put some of her Husband's costs on 1t. Again in our newspapers !

One attendance since March 24 , not a hard worker !

:ermm::huh:I wonder, is this completely fair?:huh:
[FONT=&quot]
In the light of circulating messages that King Philip wants to focus more attention on the royal family, being his wife and children.
And according to the circulatory messages, his brother and sister complained that they received fewer representations from him.[/FONT]

The palace does not communicate all of the activities of Princess Astrid, Prince Laurent, Prince Lorenz, and Princess Claire (which was Prince Laurent's motive for creating his own Twitter account). Additional duties have been counted by the blog that Mara posted above.

Every year , this year in the flamish part of Belgium, a Member of the Royal Family opens the Special Olympics , created by President Kennedy's Sister.

How lovely , yesterday it was so hot and the Princess did it. Glad to see her daughters so proud of ther Mother. Well done Princess Astrid.

Well done to Princess Astrid and lovely to see her daughters in support!

The Princess 's Start was to quick. She should have had her Hand straight.
No well done anymore.

Not really her fault if no one told her what to do

At first I didn't recognize her, but Princess Astrid gave the start of the 38th edition of the Brussels' 20km run today, May 28 - and she participated herself!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

I'm surprised to see how aged Princess Astrid looks in those photos. After all, she is only 54. She is starting to resemble Queen Paola in her early years as queen consort.

:previous:

Queen Paola was 55 when she became Queen of the Belgians, only one year older that her daughter now.

I suppose the strong light is never flattering. And the princess of course appeared without any make-up as she was about to run 20 kilometers.

Perhaps we are used to the plastic surgery and such that many famous women are doing to themselves. The princess obviously did not and consequently she looks her age, which is perfectly fine with me.

Last edited:
I think its merely down to the fact she was about to go for a 20k run, photos from not long ago show her looking her usual self so I think its simply the result of little or no make up.

Of course , it was so hot on Sunday and doing the 20 km at 54 years is really great.
She had certainly heavy sun protection. Sad she hurts our Prime Minister.

And an album of Princess Astrid taking part in the running race

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154407498577161&id=313749967160

Thank you. :flowers: Place Royale says that Laetitia Maria drew the poster and Lorenz attended also.

A photograph from Place Royale's album is on the official Facebook page of the Belgian monarchy, which congratulates Princess Astrid.

H.K.H. Prinses Astrid heeft de 20 km van Brussel met paralympische atleten gelopen: proficiat!
Félicitations à S.A.R. la Princesse Astrid qui a couru les 20 km de Bruxelles avec des athlètes paralympiques!
Congratulations to H.R.H. Princess Astrid for running the 20 kilometers of Brussels with Paralympic athletes!
Foto/Photo Place Royale RTL-TVI

https://www.facebook.com/BeMonarchi...828.1586031578327143/1874538462809785/?type=3
"Astrid de Belgique" entered the race with the Paralympic Team Belgium. She joined the honorary committee of the International Paralympic Committee governing board in 2009.

http://www.20kmdoorbrussel.be/

Princess Astrid attended a reception marking the retirement of Marc Bogaerts, Director General of the Belgian Foreign Trade Agency in Brussels today, June 22:

** belga gallery **

I saw the video and she was quite well speaking with the young designers.
The Princes received a standing Ovation .

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the video and she was quite well speaking with the young designers.
The Princes received a standing Ovation .
I've read quite nice things lately on Twitter about Astrid from people who've been at the same functions as her. Seemingly humble & dedicated to her work. Is she popular in Belgium?

yes and no , because she missed volontary the Royal Belgium feast on 21/7/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom