Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz and Family - general questions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Amedeo is 7 in line to the belgian throne... When Princess Élisabeth becomes queen , he is at 5th (if you dont count Astrid in).
Then he is quite close to the "throne". But that means that he´s future children will become Princess of Belgium?
The only thing is dont now is Nicolas and Aymeric.. Everybody knows that they wont become King of the Belgians... They arent even close..
But if they have children .. Then they must have a title ..
Perhaps"name" de Belgique- without a title????

Considering that the Duke of Brabant has 4 children eleigible to the Throne, the oldest of whom is 8 and the youngest is only 1 year old, even a 5 position in the Line of Succession is quite far; I don't think Astrid's descendants will become Kings or Queens of the Belgians.
The present law doesn't provide for limits for the title Prince of Belgium (except one, regarding the wives of the Princes, who have to be created Princesses by the King in order to be "HRH Princess her name of Belgium", like Mathilde; if not, they are only "HRH Princess husband's name of Belgium", like Léa). Therefore, if Amedeo or his siblings marries with the permission of the King and have children now, they would be Princes of Belgium. But since a similar case has not happened until now, this is only an hypothesys; it's possible that when one of the grandchildren of King Albert and Queen Paola will marry, the government will change the law.

Will the future grandchildren be included in the line to the Belgian throne?

Yes, they will be in the Line of Succession, if their parents marry with the permission of the King.

Princess Astrid of Belgium 's children are the highest titled Princes of Europe and as MAfan says very well , Philippe and Mathilde have 4 children. They are not prepared to be on the throne of Belgium. They are studying in well-known universities and they will WORK like their father Prince Lorenz.

Princess Astrid of Belgium 's children are the highest titled Princes of Europe and as MAfan says very well , Philippe and Mathilde have 4 children. They are not prepared to be on the throne of Belgium. They are studying in well-known universities and they will WORK like their father Prince Lorenz.

I know this will sound strange .. But Prince Laurent's wife Claire 's Princess of Belgium .. And Amedeo is before Laurent to the Belgian throne ..
But then it would be rather strange if Amedeo future wife does not have a title .. As "Princess of Belgium".. What do you all think?? Mybe the King of Belgium will give her an other title as Countess of ------- , I dont really now.:)

I know this will sound strange .. But Prince Laurent's wife Claire 's Princess of Belgium .. And Amedeo is before Laurent to the Belgian throne ..
But then it would be rather strange if Amedeo future wife does not have a title .. As "Princess of Belgium".. What do you all think?? Mybe the King of Belgium will give her an other title as Countess of ------- , I dont really now.:)
Prince Amedeo's wife, as well as the wives of his brother Joachim and his cousins Gabriel, Emmanuel, Nicolas and Aymeric, will hold a Princely title:
- if the marriage will be allowed by the King, probably she will be created "HRH Princess her name of Belgium", like Claire and Mathilde;
- if the marriage will not be allowed by the King, or if the King won't create her Princess of Belgium in her own right, she will be "HRH Princess Amedeo of Belgium".
In any case, she will have a title.

The problem regards Amedeo's children and their titles, since it never happened that the grandson of a King of the Belgians married and had children during the reign of his grandfather; this is an unprecedented situation, therefore we have no way to know exactly what will happen.

mmm I know that it would be ridiculous a "prince Maria Laura of Belgium", but what says the law about that?

I'm not sure, but I fear the law says nothing about it...I guess it is a decision of the Sovereign.
Again, there are no unprecedented situation; the only situation similar to this one may be Astrid and Lorenz, since Lorenz is the only one who has been created Prince of Belgium having married the daughter of the King; but at the time Astrid was second in the Line of Succession, and the daughter of the King; and the title was given to Lorenz some years after the revision of the Constitution.
I think nothing forbades the King to create the future husband of Maria Laura (and the future husbands of all his granddaughters) "Prince of Belgium", but at the same time nothing imposes him to do...

I am afraid , that will never happen for the Princesses, thay will take their future husband's name and will remain HR as I said before..The only Princesses of Belgium would be Archidukes/Princes Amadeo and Joachim 's future wives and Princes Gabriel, Emmanuel, Nicolas, Ameyric's future wives but for them it is really to early to speak about that .
For Princess Maria Esmeralda , she remains Princess because she is involved in her father's ( King Leopold III) ,scientific foundations but her husband is professor Moncando and their 2 children Alexandra and Leopoldo are not princes of Belgium.
I wonder if in the USA , Marie-Christine- Daphne married two times, is still wearing her title of Princess of Belgium..

But Marie Esmeralda and Marie Christine are not in the Line of Succession, since the changes in the constitution involved only the descendants of King Albert II.
Quite surely the husband of Princess Elisabeth will be created Prince of Belgium, and probably the husband of Princess Eleonore too (like Prince Lorenz).

But Marie Esmeralda and Marie Christine are not in the Line of Succession, since the changes in the constitution involved only the descendants of King Albert II.
Quite surely the husband of Princess Elisabeth will be created Prince of Belgium, and probably the husband of Princess Eleonore too (like Prince Lorenz).

I need to ask you all... Elisabeth becomes queen of Belgium.. But what happends if Gabriel and Emmanuel marries the future monarch of ex: Spain , Norway or The nederlands???? And mybe Eleonore with Denmark : Prince Christian... I am quite wierd;)) But what happends then?? And if Elisabeth dosent have eny children... Will Amedeo become king?? Or his future children become King/queen of the belgians??

Amedeo can become king only after the death of all tthe descendants of Philippe and Mathilde, and of his mother Astrid. (so, I hope that he doesn't become King)
About Gabriel and Emmanuel marrying foreign future Queens, it depends from the law of the Countries of the wives: some countries forbids the personal unions with another State, so I guess the Prince would have to renounce to his rights to the belgian Throne.

Amedeo can become king only after the death of all tthe descendants of Philippe and Mathilde, and of his mother Astrid. (so, I hope that he doesn't become King)
About Gabriel and Emmanuel marrying foreign future Queens, it depends from the law of the Countries of the wives: some countries forbids the personal unions with another State, so I guess the Prince would have to renounce to his rights to the belgian Throne.

cleardot.gif
Visa romanisering
Something I have been thinking about is why Baudouin
changed its rules so that women can also become queen of Belgium. Yes, I think he changed because he thought that Astrid would become queen and her eldest son Amedeo would be king. What do you think??

No , during King Baudouin's reign ,Prince Philippe was not married.. If he should die at that time, Astrid who did an extraordinary wedding ,would the Queen and Amadeo was the heir. So they changed the law.
Now Philppe is married and has 4 children, and normally Astrid should never be Queen. An Archiduke of Habsbourg cannot be a Prince Consort and cannot make an end to his important job. He is the only belgian royal of his generation who is working..
King Baudouin knew quite well that Laurent did not want to be King.
It is a bit early to speak about small children 's wedding.
To all who are so interested in the future of our princes , best wishes for 2010.

cleardot.gif
Visa romanisering
Something I have been thinking about is why Baudouin
changed its rules so that women can also become queen of Belgium. Yes, I think he changed because he thought that Astrid would become queen and her eldest son Amedeo would be king. What do you think??

As maria-olivia says, this is only true insofar that King Baudouin wanted to make sure the line of succession didn't end at Prince Laurent. Not necessarily because he didn't want Prince Laurent to become King, but more because Princess Astrid was married and had children, so in the event that Philippe would not get married, the crown would be passed down to the next generation, and there was a future for the monarchy.

Now Prince Philippe has four children, it is fairly obvious his children will be the future of the monarchy. Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent will continue to carry out their role in the monarchy when Philippe becomes King, but their children will not. They are all being educated and trained to work and earn themselves a living, they will have no significance for the Belgian Monarchy, other than that they are somewhere in line for the throne and thus there will always be a monarch for Belgium somewhere.

As for the question "what if they marry", this can only be answered when that happens, as there is no precedent. So let's please not dwell on that.

Did Archduke Lorenz become a naturalized citizen of Belgium when he became the Prince of Belgium?

Does anyone know how many godchildren does Princess Astrid have?, As much as i know she the godmother to Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg and Prince Gaston of France.

I know that my question may be stupid, but are there plans, where Astrid and family will be buried? Will it be Laeken or Vienna or somewhere else?

Nothing has been said about it, but if they keep living in Belgium it is likely they will be burried there.

At crown princess Victoria wedding Lorenz and Astrid were considered "only" Royal Hignesses, is that normal?

During a supper the King has addressed - your Imperial Highnesses. There there were Naruhito, Lorentz and Astrid.

Look at the written speech, it's written "Your Imperial Highness". And on the guest list they were styled H.R.H.

I think it is because Astrid and Lorenz only official title is Royal Highness, as Princes of Belgium; but their Austrian and Italian titles (Archduke and Archduchess of Austria-Este, Duke and Duchess of Modena and Reggio) are just courtesy titles, and not offocially recognized in any State.

Didn't Belgium seem to recognize them? Don't they style Astrid HI&RH on their website?

Are there any pictures existing where the children of Astrid and Lorenz are together with the paternal grandparents?

I remember to have seen some pictures taken at Amedeo's 18th birthday of Lorenz and Astrid's children with Archduchess Margherita.

Are there any pictures existing where the children of Astrid and Lorenz are together with the paternal grandparents?

I remember to have seen some pictures taken at Amedeo's 18th birthday of Lorenz and Astrid's children with Archduchess Margherita.

As MAfan said there are some pictures of Archduchess Margherita on Amedeo"s 18th birthday which was 6 years ago. There is a picture of Archduke Robert with Archduke Lorenz, Princess Astrid, Prince Albert and Princess Paola of Belgium (now King and Queen of Belgium), and Prince Amedeo in the hospital, after Amedeo"s birth, he was just a few hours/days/weeks old.

Astrid and Lorenz are the most high-titled of all the Royal Families in Europe.
They are RR and I HH of Habsbourg-Este and RRHH Princes of Belgium.
An Habsbourg is son- un- law of a reigning King !
Lorenz is the only member of the RF who is working and he uses several names, Archiduc of Austria-Este , Prince of Belgium or Duc de Bar.
I wonder what name his son Amedeo uses in his new job in the US ?

Does any of Princess Astrid children have boyfriend/girlfriend (s)?

Does any of Princess Astrid older children have boyfriend/girlfriend (s).

We will not know until they get engaged, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom