Prince Joachim of Belgium - News and Pictures, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Joachim was photographed with a blonde lady at the wedding of Eliane de Merode and Charles Astor:

Photos - Le mariage d'Éliane de Merode et Charles Astor - Point de Vue

An online publication did some digging and came up with the following:

Belgische prins strikt bloedmooie Spaanse aristocrate
(note: original source is 'La Capitale')

- Her name is Victoria Ortiz Martinez-Sagrera
- She is from Cordoba, Spain
- The article mentions that she is an ' aristocrat' but fails to mention how
- Her father's name is not revealed, but her mother is named Maria and owns various businesses and estates.
- She has a younger sister of 16 y/o, who does horseback riding
- They met during their studies in Milan
- They have been living together for 3 years
- Victoria is now in her last year at the Marangoni institute (Fashion)
- From 2008-2013 she studied Law at the CEU San Pablo University in Madrid

https://www.linkedin.com/in/victoria-ortiz-martinez-sagrera-24353961/

Good information. If she is an aristocrat, what will her family be?

According to people close to the couple, she is not an aristocrat but is from a very wealthy family.

Shall we expect another engagement?
Who knows...

Oh, where was this one taken? At another wedding? (I'm judging by the hat ;))

If they allow Point de Vue to publish a photo of them together at a friend's wedding then their own engagement can't be far off.

I wonder if Laura will do the same?

Does Maria-Laura have a boyfriend?

Queen Fabiola would be very pleased with a Spanish union!

Like any journalist, this one googled and looked on facebook... And so there's not much to report LOL. What great times these are for journalism, with reporters rather interviewing each other than investigating something :ermm:

Obviously, because Joachim allowed Constance le Hardÿ to take his picture with his girlfriend at a major society wedding, so it would be published in point de vue, the relationship is now official and it could lead very well to marriage. Or not, who knows.

She seems a very accomplished , refined young woman. It doesn't hurt that she is also quite pretty and has the figure of a supermodel.

Not only the late Queen Fabiola but the entire Belgian RF would be quite pleased to have Victoria, I would think.

Prince Joachim and his Spanish girlfriend Victoria have been together for some time now.

According to the Belgian media Prince Joachim has tested positive for Corona after he attended a lockdown party in Cordoba, Spain. The news was confirmed by the Belgian royal palace.

Original source was the Spanish newspaper 'El Confidential' who were able to get their hands on documents that on Tuesday 27 people attended a lockdown party in a private home in Cordoba. Due to anti-Corona measures only groups of 15 people are allowed to meet in Spain.

The prince flew to Spain from Belgium two days earlier and was tested positive a day after the party.

--
Note that the Belgian borders have only opened last night 'for family visits'. The borders are expected to open completely on June 8th.

Last edited:
Can he be prosecuted for breaking the law,highly embarrassing for the BRF.

Given how affected both Belgium and Spain have been by Covid this is bad and in pretty poor judgement.
I'm sure they'll say he wasn't aware of the Spanish laws as a visitor but still.

It's a shame given how well the King & Queen have managed themselves during this crisis.

Isn't he dating a Spanish lady?

:previous:

He is indeed dating a very wealthy Spanish lady from Cordoba. I thought they were living in South Africa. The palace emphasized that the prince has strictly obeyed the lockdown measures. Until Sunday he stayed in self-isolation with his parents in Villa Schonenberg in Laeken.

To get in a plane he will have needed to get a permit to go abroad. You could get those permits to attend funerals, to go to essensial work or to feed animals. But then what civil servant would refuse to give a prince of Belgium the permit?

Note that in Belgium various politicians have been breaking the Lockdown rules. Every week there is another -usually Flemish - mayor, city councilor, member of parliament etc. fined for a lockdown BBQ, party etc.

---
Added:

According to Wim Dehandschutter the Prince went with a normal flight to Spain. He said that he was doing an internship there. I can't see how that is 'essensial' travel, so why he was allowed to leave is still a mystery.

RTL says that it is unclear if the report about 27 people at the party is correct. The prince supposedly said that since he arrived in Spain he has met 27 people.

Last edited:
Whilst what he did was wrong, he should have flown to Spain and partied. He more than likely had the virus before he left belgium. Was he showing symptoms to get tested or was he tested at random?

:previous:

He showed symptoms the day after the party apparently. Generally people show symptoms 5-6 days after they get infected with the Corona virus. Perhaps the 'self isolation' in Villa Schonenberg was not so isolated?

I have no idea how airports work now but even at the hairdresser my temperature was checked. I assume they do the same in the airports?

-
Update from Wim Dehandschutter:

The Royal Palace in Brussels confirmed to me that Prince Joachim arrived in Madrid last Sunday and attended the party in Córdoba on Tuesday. Another source told me that he took the train to Andalusia. He was obliged to go into a 2-week quarantine in Madrid, but he didn't.

https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter

According to Chantal Monet of RTL all the people he has met are now placed in quarantine. The prince is still in Spain.

https://www.rtl.be/info/belgique/fa...ipe-a-une-grande-fete-en-espagne-1221668.aspx

Last edited:
Well that was fantastically stupid whether he had the virus before he left or caught it after he got there. It seems like he broke a lot of rules in two countries hit badly so doesn't have an excuse of he didn't realise how serious it was.

Just in the news. Several Members who attended the party has Covid Too.
Did he had Covid before flying to Spain and did he met met Members of our Royal Family.
Our Royals will decide what to do .
Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz must be devasted, how stupid attending a Party of more than 20 persons during Covid !

Last edited:
Prince Joachim should know better and I doubt he'll get any sympathy for catching the virus given his reckless behavior.

Back
Top Bottom