The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepentacle View Post
i think he would settle down in switzerland.. its world famous for swiss bankers.. moreover amedeo's dad's bank already has a branch there.. he might take up the responsibility to take care of it..
oh i see. in switzerland though why there? does he like it there or have family there?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Has Amadeo been linked to any girl? I wonder how his girlfriend look like... I hope it will be brunette...

Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

It is shocking that we have never heard or seen pictures of Amadeo with any girlfriends. Come to think of it, there were never any pictures of Philippe with girlfriends either. Are they discreet or are these Catholic boys saving themselves for marriage?
Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
It is shocking that we have never heard or seen pictures of Amadeo with any girlfriends. Come to think of it, there were never any pictures of Philippe with girlfriends either. Are they discreet or are these Catholic boys saving themselves for marriage?
Maybe he's gay, maybe he feels himself destined for the priesthood, maybe he just isn't comfortable approaching women in a romantic sense, maybe he wants to concentrate on his career first , maybe he just hasn't met anyone he feels interested in. But for whatever reason I don't think it is shocking.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Nobility

I don't like when sb say ,,maybe he's gay". He's just very discreet I think. If he was prince William he couldn't have his private life so discreet. Prince Louis of Luxembourg hasn't girlfriend and suddenly there is annoucement that his girlfriend is pregnant. I've never heard about his brother's Felix girlfriend. But it doesn't mean they single.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy

i think he most definitely does... but since the press does find so interesting( read: scandalous) they leave him alone... n i don't think he minds.. so we ahvn't heard of any rumored girlfriends...
Old 04-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
I don't like when sb say ,,maybe he's gay". He's just very discreet I think. If he was prince William he couldn't have his private life so discreet. Prince Louis of Luxembourg hasn't girlfriend and suddenly there is annoucement that his girlfriend is pregnant. I've never heard about his brother's Felix girlfriend. But it doesn't mean they single.
What I was trying to say is that there are lots of reasons why he might not yet been connected to a girlfriend, being gay is one of those possible reasons.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 PM

Has there been any news regarding Amedeo? Any pictures?

Does he ever partake in these royal events his mother/family does?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:25 AM
Courtier

What language are these articles in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smh2141 View Post
Here are some additional sources for some of the information in earlier parts of the threat (I don't think they were ever posted)"

- Astrid discusses Amadeo becoming a banker and Laura studying Chinese:
Het Nieuwsblad - Kinderen prinses Astrid moeten gaan werken

- Amadeo's responsibilities as part of the Belgian Army Reserve
Het Nieuwsblad - Prins Amadeo legt eed af in kader reserveofficieren

- Amadeo is in good shape apparently-- this is about his military training.
Het Nieuwsblad - Para Amadeo
Old 05-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I believe the person who originally posted these links stated they are in Dutch (they are definitely in Dutch) and someone later provided a translation - if memory serves me correctly.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, these articles are in Dutch, which is one of the two main languages spoken in Belgium.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Well, there's a very short summary above each link, actually. Mostly these are sources for claims that have been made earlier in the thread, but for which no online sources had been provided.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yes, these articles are in Dutch, which is one of the two main languages spoken in Belgium.

Eeh.. In Belgium they speak Germen , Dutch and French. Not only French and Dutch.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Majesty

Prince Amedeo has found himself a job.He will work with Deloitte in NYC.

Belgiƫ Nieuwsberichten Royalblog: Prins Amedeo gaat aan de slag in New York

courtesy hja

Like his father,who works as a banker,Prince Amedeo also found a job in the trade allthough
a bit further away from home and out of the belgian spotlights.

The Prince is not the only Royal who will live,and work,in NYC.
Last year Amedeo worked for a NGO in Chile.

Amedeo is 7th in line to the Throne,after his uncle Filip and his four children and his mother.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Prince Amedeo has found himself a job.He will work with Deloitte in NYC.

Belgiƫ Nieuwsberichten Royalblog: Prins Amedeo gaat aan de slag in New York

courtesy hja
can you translate this to english please...or tell what it says

{Edit: translation added later - LadyLeana}
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Thanks for the article lucien. Maybe we'll see some pictures of him in NY? I wonder when he'll start the job.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan1987 View Post
Thanks for the article lucien. Maybe we'll see some pictures of him in NY? I wonder when he'll start the job.
What about after the holidays...
Old 07-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Nobility

Should I have him to dinner when he gets to Manhattan?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Should I have him to dinner when he gets to Manhattan?

Haha! How can you now when he comes to Manhattan? And if you ask him , he will ofc say no. Like any normal person whould do too.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting articles since Deloitte isn't a banking company - they are a consulting firm. Either way, Prince Amedeo is coming to the land-of-no-royal-coverage (US), so I doubt we will get to hear much about him.

Tags
amedeo, archduke amedeo, austria-este, belgium, belgium family, habsburg, pictures, prince amedeo