Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures, Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some additional sources for some of the information in earlier parts of the threat (I don't think they were ever posted)"

- Astrid discusses Amadeo becoming a banker and Laura studying Chinese:
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleID=GGT1RBLJA_3

- Amadeo's responsibilities as part of the Belgian Army Reserve
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleID=B19370628070927

- Amadeo is in good shape apparently-- this is about his military training.
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleID=G9FGLK71

Has anyone else noticed that the RMA (royal military academy) website is down? I went there to watch the video posted a while ago of Amadeo-- but it won't load for me. Is anyone else having this problem??

http://www.rma.ac.be/rmadotnet/

EDIT: Nevermind-- it appears to be working for me now.

Pictures of Amedeo and Lorenz running the NYC marathon

Amedeo

brightroom event photography

Lorenz

An interesting detail is also the way they entered themselves-- Amedeo is just "Amedeo De Belgique" and his father entered as "SAR le prince De Belgique"

Thats so cool. I wonder if they trained for the marathon since most people if not all do.

On dhnet.be they are saying that Amedeo is going to take one sabatique year

Today I read in the Belgian magazine "Story" that prince Amedeo just graduated in june and that he now will take one year off to make a trip around the world!

Yahoo Answers

Was reading an Yahoo Answer (about as relable as Wikipedia) quoting magazine in Belgium that our Amedeo has a girlfriend. Anyone else heard this?

It's great he taking a year off to travel. I think everyone should do that at least once in their life.

He's very low profile, most people in Belgium hardly know he exists.

Last edited:
Today there was an article about Prince Amedeo in "het nieuwsblad". Here is a link for the people who can read Dutch: Het Nieuwsblad - Amedeo is HOT

The title says: Amedeo is hot. The silent son of Princess Astrid joins definitly the club of most elegible bachelors.
The article tells about where he went to school and that he likes sports. And that he is part of the heighest nobility in the world excpecially from his fathers side ( a real Habsburger :)). They are talking also about his sabattical year, he is going to travel and practice his Spanish.
It also says that in Belgium itself he is nog yet so popular. Many girls in the streets don't recognise a foto of him. (I know I would recognise him from far if I saw him).
They are also wondering why Astrid is "protecting" her son so much. Lately whe have seen Maria Laura more than her brother. They say that maybe it is because there is a very tight bond between mother and daughter and they share a passion for fashion. So Maria Laura just joins her mother more.

A similar article was in "de standaard" this weekend. I don't have a link to that article, because on the computer you can only read it if you pay. But is said basicly the same. In this article they even mensioned the name of the royal forums and they quoted some sentences of members about Amedeo (It was funny to read).

Thats cool that he's taking a year off. So will he work with his father or somewhere else.

Amedeo is Astrid's first child, so naturally he has a very special place in her heart and she probably feels a little possessive of him.

Whomever he ends up with might have hard time with Princess Astrid as mother-in-law!

The silent son of Princess Astrid joins definitly the club of most elegible bachelors.

That's Ok, But If i Where a Princes i'll being silent too, how hard would be find real friends or a boy who'll be interested in myself not in my title or money or influences. Good Luck With that Amadeo

Does anyone have a new picture ,news or a video of Prince Amedeo?
If you have please share it here!!
Thank You!

i heard that amedeo is going to be a banker?is this true and will live in england or belgium for his job?im just vonfused what he will do now that he is out of school and after he travels.....can anyone tell me?

It will be interesting to see where he travels during his "gap year", or whatever you want to call it. He's going to work on his Spanish - will he be travelling to South America? Or maybe (duh) Spain. . .

i heard that amedeo is going to be a banker?is this true and will live in england or belgium for his job?im just vonfused what he will do now that he is out of school and after he travels.....can anyone tell me?

i think he would settle down in switzerland.. its world famous for swiss bankers.. moreover amedeo's dad's bank already has a branch there.. he might take up the responsibility to take care of it..

relationship between amedeo and his grandmother..

what kind of a relationship is there between amedeo and his grandmother queen fabiola? i mean i'm sure he respects her very much ofcourse.. and he must be in awe of her too.. but do they have any close bonding between them? queen fabiola is absolutely a grand lady.. was he ever intimidated by that grandness? or was he just as approachable towards her like any other grandchild is towards their grandparents?

what kind of a relationship is there between amedeo and his grandmother queen fabiola? i mean i'm sure he respects her very much ofcourse.. and he must be in awe of her too.. but do they have any close bonding between them? queen fabiola is absolutely a grand lady.. was he ever intimidated by that grandness? or was he just as approachable towards her like any other grandchild is towards their grandparents?

Queen Paola is the grandmother drom Amedoe, not Fabiola!

i think he would settle down in switzerland.. its world famous for swiss bankers.. moreover amedeo's dad's bank already has a branch there.. he might take up the responsibility to take care of it..

oh i see. in switzerland though why there? does he like it there or have family there?

Has Amadeo been linked to any girl? I wonder how his girlfriend look like... I hope it will be brunette...

It is shocking that we have never heard or seen pictures of Amadeo with any girlfriends. Come to think of it, there were never any pictures of Philippe with girlfriends either. Are they discreet or are these Catholic boys saving themselves for marriage?

It is shocking that we have never heard or seen pictures of Amadeo with any girlfriends. Come to think of it, there were never any pictures of Philippe with girlfriends either. Are they discreet or are these Catholic boys saving themselves for marriage?

Maybe he's gay, maybe he feels himself destined for the priesthood, maybe he just isn't comfortable approaching women in a romantic sense, maybe he wants to concentrate on his career first , maybe he just hasn't met anyone he feels interested in. But for whatever reason I don't think it is shocking.

I don't like when sb say ,,maybe he's gay". He's just very discreet I think. If he was prince William he couldn't have his private life so discreet. Prince Louis of Luxembourg hasn't girlfriend and suddenly there is annoucement that his girlfriend is pregnant. I've never heard about his brother's Felix girlfriend. But it doesn't mean they single.

i think he most definitely does... but since the press does find so interesting( read: scandalous) they leave him alone... n i don't think he minds.. so we ahvn't heard of any rumored girlfriends...

I don't like when sb say ,,maybe he's gay". He's just very discreet I think. If he was prince William he couldn't have his private life so discreet. Prince Louis of Luxembourg hasn't girlfriend and suddenly there is annoucement that his girlfriend is pregnant. I've never heard about his brother's Felix girlfriend. But it doesn't mean they single.

What I was trying to say is that there are lots of reasons why he might not yet been connected to a girlfriend, being gay is one of those possible reasons.

Has there been any news regarding Amedeo? Any pictures?

Does he ever partake in these royal events his mother/family does?

What language are these articles in?
Here are some additional sources for some of the information in earlier parts of the threat (I don't think they were ever posted)"

- Astrid discusses Amadeo becoming a banker and Laura studying Chinese:
Het Nieuwsblad - Kinderen prinses Astrid moeten gaan werken

- Amadeo's responsibilities as part of the Belgian Army Reserve
Het Nieuwsblad - Prins Amadeo legt eed af in kader reserveofficieren

- Amadeo is in good shape apparently-- this is about his military training.
Het Nieuwsblad - Para Amadeo

I believe the person who originally posted these links stated they are in Dutch (they are definitely in Dutch) and someone later provided a translation - if memory serves me correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom