Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures, Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there were some pics of him as a baby i the earlier threads cuz i remember seeing them.....if someone could post them it would be great.....n of what i remember from his pics he was one those babies who you would totally feel like grabbig and kissing:)

I was looking at articles this past weekend and I saw that Amedeo is now an LSE Alum. Has he graduated or is this another rumor?

I can't remember where I read it. I was just looking at websites on the internet and I saw it. I wish I could remember the site.

LSE is London School of Economic but Alum I don´t know what it stands for. I read an article about his mom from Svensk damtidning. He studies Economic and Sinology, which is a Chinese laungage and culture which is the same his sister studies.

Is it Alum stand for Alumni? And his sister is in China if I'm not mistaken...:rolleyes:

An alum is someone who has graduated from the institution where they are studying.

No, she is not studing in China accordon to the article with her mom, she was in China for 3 weeks chorus but she studies in London but Princess Astrid didn´t say which school in London.

And about Maria Laura...I think she is attending SOAS in London, which is one of the colleges of the University of London

you can read everything about Maria Laura in het own topic!

* Last year she went to London, where also her bother Amedeo is studying. she choose for a bahelor education in management and Chineese language at the "School of oriental and African studies"
SOAS: Study Asia, Africa & Middle East at University of London, SOAS

* Nowedays Maria Laura is in China where she is folowing an 8months during intesive language course Chinese.

This thread has been cleaned up and is reopened. All remarks about the Facebook or former Facebook account of Prince Amedeo or a supposed Prince Amedeo have been deleted due to privacy rules we have at TRF.

For general remarks and questions about Prince Amedeo you can go to the FAQ thread, which you can find here. This thread is reserved for News and Events of the Prince, which aren't too many at the moment. Any post that is not related to news and events in this thread will be deleted by the Belgian Moderators.

Last edited:
yay! its reopened! happy late birthday amedeo. so he's 22 now right?

yeah he turned 22......i was hoping for some pictures...do any of the belgian members know if there was a photoshoot?

I was flipping through old issues of Paris Match last weekend and saw two VERY funny and adorable photos of Amadeo when he was very little. The first one was taken in April 1990 at a family birthday party for Prince Philippe...Philippe was leaning over to blow out the candles on his cake and there was little Amadeo right at the table with him..his head barely reached the top of the table but the way he was eyeing that cake made me laugh! He obviously expected the first piece!

Then there was one from the same year in September at King Baudouin's 60th birthday party at The Palace of Brussels. Baudouin was cutting the cake with help from a footman and Queen Fabiola-and there was little Amadeo peering over the table with the same gleam in his eye! It was so cute...I wish I knew how to scan photos from magazines!

He was an adorable little boy.

haha those sound like funny pictures. I hope there are pictures also. Were there any for his 21 birthday?

I'm not sure I got it from an old thread that had lots of pictures of him growing up.

Hey people
go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and then u type Prince Amedeo, video no.1 ,3,5 and 8 , there are pics of Prince Amedeo in those videos, in video no. 1
u find pics only of Prince Amedeo

Last edited:
Amedeo, thankfully, is much more discreet than Pierre. He also isn't a notorious womanizer like Pierre. Well that we know of ;)

Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say. :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say. :)

Prince Amedeo "s father is also tall. Prince Amedeo maybe as tall as his great grand father or little less than him.

I think prince Amedeo is very handsome! He reminds me of a young king Leopold III, his great grandfather.

Amadeo is between 6'1 and 6'3 (185 to 190 cm)

For basic info like this, check out the Prince Amadeo FAQ

When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said.

Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy. ;)

Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy. ;)

Oh, you're right... Duke of Aosta. I'm just new to this House of Savoy and on Prince Amedeo. Also, my previous post should have read "Antoinette and Charles III had Albert I", Pierre's great-great-great grandfather. Albert II is his uncle.

Last edited:
I'm reading this book about princess Mary and there is this whole chapter about how she visted Albert the first of belgium. Oddy enough it has more information on him than mary. Any way I saw alot of similarities between him and Amedeo from looks to personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom