Prince Amedeo FAQs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get any idea where he did his master degree?

Hahaha only if you have time. I think it would be nice information to share to everyone :)

where was it mentioned that Prince Amedeo is/was doing masters??

Well, I frankly never heard any information about it as well. That's why I'm quite curious when Blue_ mentioned it. I hope she'll find the information :)

Ijust knew that when Prince Phillipe visited New york last year, he hadn't had a chance to meet Prince Amedeo because he was having an exam for his promotion in Delloite. And, in a professional networking platform, Prince Amedeo only mention his educational background in London, LSE ...

Anyway here's part of the article:
'We wilden ontbijten met Amedeo, maar helaas, hij moest een examen voorbereiden', vertelde prinses Mathilde in het park. Amedeo (25) is de oudste van de vijf kinderen van Filips zus Astrid. Mathilde is vol lof over de jongen. 'Hij is de peter van onze Elisabeth (hun oudste kind, nvdr.). Hij is geweldig.'

"We really want to have a breakfast with Amedeo, but unfortunately, he must preparing his exam", said Princess Mathide in the Park. Amedeo (25) is the oldest from five children of Prince Phillipe's sister, Princess Astrid. "He is the Godfather of our Elizabeth. He is amazing", praised Princess Mathilde.

Amedeo, zelf een petekind van Filip, woont en werkt in New York. Hij is bankier bij Deloitte, een internationaal accountancy- en adviesbureau. Wellicht is het examen cruciaal om promotie te maken binnen het bedrijf."
Amadeo, himself a godson of Phillip, lives and works in New York. He is a banker in Deloitte, an international accountancy and consultancy company. Perhaps the exam is crucial for getting promotion within the company.

Sorry for the bad translation, my dutch is not that good. Hopefully this information helps! Warme groetjes!

Last edited:
where was it mentioned that Prince Amedeo is/was doing masters??

In a belgian magazine, called Royals. It was mentionned in an article a few months ago, I still have it, I just have to search where it is. They say that prince Amedeo said that he will leave New York few months after his master is finished, because he misses his family, friends and country really much.

Blue_ said:
In a belgian magazine, called Royals. It was mentionned in an article a few months ago, I still have it, I just have to search where it is. They say that prince Amedeo said that he will leave New York few months after his master is finished, because he misses his family, friends and country really much.

It would be great if you can find and scan it. Me and the other members would love to read it as well, I suppose. Thanks in advance blue_ :)

It would be great if you can find and scan it. Me and the other members would love to read it as well, I suppose. Thanks in advance blue_ :)

I don't have a scanner, but maybe I take a good picture and post it. I found the article, but they don't say which university it is, but they say "université de renom" which means a famous university. It is localized in New York, where Amedeo works as "financiancial expert" at Deloitte. They don't tell how many years the master is during, but since he's working and studying and a normal master takes 2 years, I would say 2 1/2 - 3 years...

I also wonder how would they - all very Catholic - welcome a non-Catholic girlfriend for Amedeo.

Are they very Catholic?, I mean, I know so much people who say they are but they barely even go to church.

He is (or was if he is already in, but I don't know) a candidate for a master in economy in Columbia University in New York.

What do you think it would be the requirements for his parents in order to accept a girl as his son's girlfriend an grant a permission for them to get married eventually?

What do you think it would be the requirements for his parents in order to accept a girl as his son's girlfriend an grant a permission for them to get married eventually?

There are strong rumours in Brazilian Monarchist circles that Prince Amedeo is in a relationship with Princess Alix of Ligne.

Her Highness is 29 years old, and I think she's very suitable for Prince Amedeo, as she's Royal (with an impeccable lineage) and from a very Catholic Family.

Well, I'm glad for him if he is fond of her, but my question was related with the fact of an hypothetical woman and which facts and little things would made a great deal for Prince Amedeo's parents.

They seems to be a very traditional family from the Gotha, so I think that being Royal and Catholic is important. Also, I think the potential bride would have to be someone without a "past".

In my opinion, Princess Alix of Ligne is perfect to be a future Princess of Belgium and Archduchess of Austria-Este.

I think these rumours are based on wishful thinking and little else. The last thing that the press wrote was that he was dating a non-noble Italian girl, though that was a few years ago. Added to that, Alix and Amedeo are 2nd cousins and marrying ones relatives isn't very customary in the Western world anymore, it will be bad publicity for the Belgian monarchy as the press will be able to use such a marriage to cousins as a proof that the family is living in the previous century. However since the Este branch was rather fiercely against a mere baroness Thyssen marrying into the Habsburg family, they did set the standards rather high for their offspring. Or perhaps it is easier to pass a harsh judgement on a cousin than on your own child.

I agree with Marengo about the rumours, but Prince Amedeo have his privet life being an actual privet life and we won't know about this until we have prove of it, which I see, not to close in the future. On the other way, could you tell me about this baroness, why they didn't accept her, how long has this been and there is any members of his family currently married with commoners?

there is any members of his family currently married with commoners?

Although many members of the Austrian Imperial Family have married commoners in recent time, no one from the Austria-Este branch have married someone who was not a Royal or a Noble.

In my opinion, Prince Amedeo will marry some blue-blood girl from the Gotha.

Eloise, the said baroness is the current Archduchess Francesca von Habsburg, née Freiin Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon et Impérfalva, the estranged wife of Archduke Karl. There were some objections to their marriage, since Karl is the "Crownprince" and she was "just a baroness from the new money".

Gabriela von Habsburg, the sister of Karl was married to Christian Meister, now divorced and annuled. They have three children.

Last edited:
I think these rumours are based on wishful thinking and little else. The last thing that the press wrote was that he was dating a non-noble Italian girl, though that was a few years ago. Added to that, Alix and Amedeo are 2nd cousins and marrying ones relatives isn't very customary in the Western world anymore, it will be bad publicity for the Belgian monarchy as the press will be able to use such a marriage to cousins as a proof that the family is living in the previous century. However since the Este branch was rather fiercely against a mere baroness Thyssen marrying into the Habsburg family, they did set the standards rather high for their offspring. Or perhaps it is easier to pass a harsh judgement on a cousin than on your own child.

How relevant are the Estes now to the Belgian royal family, now that her brother is King. They are now far down the list of succession, there is a whole new family (cute kids), and a beautiful new Queen.

Well, on another side the new family is former by the King, the Queen and their four children which for a number of years will not assume official duties. So now that Philippe and Mathilde have taken on the duties that previously were of King Albert and Queen Paola (assuming that they won't carry many royal duties on in the future), someone has to take on the duties which were carried on by Philippe and Mathilde; and it's likely that Astrid, Lorenz and maybe even some of their children will.
So I think that Astrid, Lorenz and their family are possibly even more relevant now.

Well, on another side the new family is former by the King, the Queen and their four children which for a number of years will not assume official duties. So now that Philippe and Mathilde have taken on the duties that previously were of King Albert and Queen Paola (assuming that they won't carry many royal duties on in the future), someone has to take on the duties which were carried on by Philippe and Mathilde; and it's likely that Astrid, Lorenz and maybe even some of their children will.
So I think that Astrid, Lorenz and their family are possibly even more relevant now.

Fair enough, I see what you mean.

The Este's situation is a curious one. Instead of being relegated to a less important role now that Astrid is "only" the sister of the King instead of the daughter of the King, they were put in a position of more importance and exposition, for the reasons that MAfan has stated. We can see this theory into pratice with Astrid being responsible for the Economic Missions that were Philippe & Mathilde's role before. I see Amedeo has having some sort of role in the future as well, he seems to be close to his uncle and his name was for some time talked for being the responsible for the economic missions. I'm sure his economics background will help. So, it's likely that his future wife will have some exposition and therefore, who she is will be even more important.

I don't think there will be a public role for Amedeo or his siblings. There's so much criticism on Astrid and Laurent's dotation already, it would absolutely not go down well to put the king's nephew on the payroll. And it would be even odder since they are downsizing the RF and none of King Philippe's younger children will have a paid role in the RF.

Also, heading economic missions is by no means a full time job but it would create conflict of interest with any job in private sector. That's also the very reason why I hope Lorenz will never accompany his wife on a business trip. IMO Amedeo will continue to have a career outside the RF, perhaps he takes over Lorenz's job in Switzerland. Astrid will head some economic missions to justify her dotation and perhaps Philippe will take over the economic missions again when he is settled in his role and he will for sure also include business delegations in his state visits.

I see your points but Philippe's children are far too young to have any kind of role. And as Paola and Albert seemed to have decreased their apppearances a lot, someone will have to fill in the gap. Philippe and Mathilde cannot do it all alone. I'm not talking about having more full-time royals or including more people in the payroll. I'm talking about Amedeo (and Astrid and Lorenz) to keep having their jobs but sometimes giving a helping hand when workload requires it. This said, I don't expect Amedeo to be a full-time royal but to appear once in a while at some not-controversial and not that high-profile engagements.

someone can explain me his tittle like the prince royal of hungary and bohemia, i don´t understand anything about it, what the procedence etc

Know if Amedeo page on Facebook or Twitter? And you know what makes Amedeo currently? where you work or study?

someone can explain me his tittle like the prince royal of hungary and bohemia, i don´t understand anything about it, what the procedence etc

Hi jazmin ..
Amedeo's father is Prince Lorenz who is Archduke of Austria-Este. When the Austrian Imperial Family, the Habsburg, still ruling in the past, Hungary, Bohemia, Dalmatia, and the rest were part of the kingdom.

He have a special privilege because of this tittle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom