The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt they have run into each other or are dating. As for religion well the Belgians did welcome a non Catholic Queen, Astrid of Sweden, so that IMO would not be a major impediment.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I doubt they have run into each other or are dating. As for religion well the Belgians did welcome a non Catholic Queen, Astrid of Sweden, so that IMO would not be a major impediment.
Amedeo won't becoming King of the Belgians anytime soon so the religion concern has more to do with his future role as The Archduke of Austria-Este, Duke of Modena, etc. and his parents' obvious preference for a noble Catholic girl for him...

Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes but his Archducal role is really little more than historical fiction since the empire is long gone and the Austria that remains is a republic that forbids the use of noble titles, besides the old rules have faded away and all that is required is being a Christian to be an acceptable bride for a Habsburg these days. Conversion to Catholicism would always be a possibility if the young lady was so inclined.

Archduke Carl Christian and Princess Marie Astrids sons have recently become engaged to commoners, one of whom is even an American. In fact several Habsburgs have married brides of non-aristocratic backgrounds.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Yes but his Archducal role is really little more than historical fiction since the empire is long gone and the Austria that remains is a republic that forbids the use of noble titles, besides the old rules have faded away and all that is required is being a Christian to be an acceptable bride for a Habsburg these days. Conversion to Catholicism would always be a possibility if the young lady was so inclined.

Archduke Carl Christian and Princess Marie Astrids sons have recently become engaged to commoners, one of whom is even an American. In fact several Habsburgs have married brides of non-aristocratic backgrounds.
Oh I completely agree with you that his Archducal title means nothing in the real world, I was making the point that his position is different to that of even his relatives Irme (who I think most would agree is marrying someone completely unacceptable, but that's a different thread...) and Christoph. As well as his parents' persuasions are more important than him being 6th in line...
Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Oh I completely agree with you that his Archducal title means nothing in the real world, I was making the point that his position is different to that of even his relatives Irme (who I think most would agree is marrying someone completely unacceptable, but that's a different thread...) and Christoph. As well as his parents' persuasions are more important than him being 6th in line...
Amedeo has been a long time "the hereditary prince" from Belgium and from Austria. (till 2001 and 1998). That's the difference with Imre and Christoph. They are not in course for the crown of Luxembourg and far far away in the Habsburg Line.
But, Ok, he hasn't a big role, other than the fact that he will succeed at his uncle Philippes role as economical ambassador of Belgium once he will be king. I think Amedeo probably will marry a girl of the nobility. And, certainly, an convinved catholic. Don't forget how Princess Astrid and Princess Lorenz met.
And this is one think more why I don't think Amedeo and Pippa date: In my opinion, Amedeo wouldn't marry a girl that slept with a lot of men
This is also a criteria for Imre and Christoph. Katie and Adélaïde are both very catholic and pro life, in the same idea as the archiducs.

Queen Mathilde
Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
Amedeo has been a long time "the hereditary prince" from Belgium and from Austria. (till 2001 and 1998). That's the difference with Imre and Christoph. They are not in course for the crown of Luxembourg and far far away in the Habsburg Line.
But, Ok, he hasn't a big role, other than the fact that he will succeed at his uncle Philippes role as economical ambassador of Belgium once he will be king. I think Amedeo probably will marry a girl of the nobility. And, certainly, an convinved catholic. Don't forget how Princess Astrid and Princess Lorenz met.
And this is one think more why I don't think Amedeo and Pippa date: In my opinion, Amedeo wouldn't marry a girl that slept with a lot of men
This is also a criteria for Imre and Christoph. Katie and Adélaïde are both very catholic and pro life, in the same idea as the archiducs.

I completely agree. That was what I was trying to say.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post

I completely agree. That was what I was trying to say.
I was searching with friends, no one of the Gotha is mariable with him. All are older, our too younger. Theodora of Greece is the only one I found, but they don't really match and she's orthodox...

Queen Mathilde
Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know what Amedeo majored in college?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I am pretty sure that Amedeo is a Finance/Economics major. He has a degree from the prestigious London School of Economics and last I heard had a career in banking, same as his father Archduke Lorenz.

Speaking of Amedeo's parents, I read that they met at Astrid's 18th birthday ball which was held at her parent's home Belvedere Palace.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am pretty sure that Amedeo is a Finance/Economics major. He has a degree from the prestigious London School of Economics and last I heard had a career in banking, same as his father Archduke Lorenz.
Yes he did, after that he took a sabbatical year and worked in a spanish bussiness as volunteer. After that year he went to New York and work at Deloitte part-time, while he's doing a master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Speaking of Amedeo's parents, I read that they met at Astrid's 18th birthday ball which was held at her parent's home Belvedere Palace.
Yes, it's really funny. They were both really shy and they talked because they were both a little apart from the rest of the people who were dancing and partying. I read that in a book about princess Astrid, not sure it's true, but it's clear they really shy, so I take it's true :)

Queen Mathilde
Old 08-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Commoner

Do you get any idea where he did his master degree?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaboom View Post
Do you get any idea where he did his master degree?
In New York, but no idea where exactly. I'll do some research if you want :)

Queen Mathilde
Old 08-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Commoner

Hahaha only if you have time. I think it would be nice information to share to everyone :)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Courtier

where was it mentioned that Prince Amedeo is/was doing masters??
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Commoner

Well, I frankly never heard any information about it as well. That's why I'm quite curious when Blue_ mentioned it. I hope she'll find the information :)

Ijust knew that when Prince Phillipe visited New york last year, he hadn't had a chance to meet Prince Amedeo because he was having an exam for his promotion in Delloite. And, in a professional networking platform, Prince Amedeo only mention his educational background in London, LSE ...

Anyway here's part of the article:
'We wilden ontbijten met Amedeo, maar helaas, hij moest een examen voorbereiden', vertelde prinses Mathilde in het park. Amedeo (25) is de oudste van de vijf kinderen van Filips zus Astrid. Mathilde is vol lof over de jongen. 'Hij is de peter van onze Elisabeth (hun oudste kind, nvdr.). Hij is geweldig.'

"We really want to have a breakfast with Amedeo, but unfortunately, he must preparing his exam", said Princess Mathide in the Park. Amedeo (25) is the oldest from five children of Prince Phillipe's sister, Princess Astrid. "He is the Godfather of our Elizabeth. He is amazing", praised Princess Mathilde.

Amedeo, zelf een petekind van Filip, woont en werkt in New York. Hij is bankier bij Deloitte, een internationaal accountancy- en adviesbureau. Wellicht is het examen cruciaal om promotie te maken binnen het bedrijf."
Amadeo, himself a godson of Phillip, lives and works in New York. He is a banker in Deloitte, an international accountancy and consultancy company. Perhaps the exam is crucial for getting promotion within the company.

Sorry for the bad translation, my dutch is not that good. Hopefully this information helps! Warme groetjes!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
where was it mentioned that Prince Amedeo is/was doing masters??
In a belgian magazine, called Royals. It was mentionned in an article a few months ago, I still have it, I just have to search where it is. They say that prince Amedeo said that he will leave New York few months after his master is finished, because he misses his family, friends and country really much.

Queen Mathilde
Old 08-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_

In a belgian magazine, called Royals. It was mentionned in an article a few months ago, I still have it, I just have to search where it is. They say that prince Amedeo said that he will leave New York few months after his master is finished, because he misses his family, friends and country really much.
It would be great if you can find and scan it. Me and the other members would love to read it as well, I suppose. Thanks in advance blue_ :)
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaboom View Post
It would be great if you can find and scan it. Me and the other members would love to read it as well, I suppose. Thanks in advance blue_ :)
I don't have a scanner, but maybe I take a good picture and post it. I found the article, but they don't say which university it is, but they say "université de renom" which means a famous university. It is localized in New York, where Amedeo works as "financiancial expert" at Deloitte. They don't tell how many years the master is during, but since he's working and studying and a normal master takes 2 years, I would say 2 1/2 - 3 years...

Queen Mathilde
Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I also wonder how would they - all very Catholic - welcome a non-Catholic girlfriend for Amedeo.
Are they very Catholic?, I mean, I know so much people who say they are but they barely even go to church.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCream View Post
Are they very Catholic?, I mean, I know so much people who say they are but they barely even go to church.
Euhm, yes. Very very catholic Which is very criticized ...

Queen Mathilde

Tags
amedeo, archduke amedeo, austria-este, faq, habsburg, prince amedeo