Prince Amedeo FAQs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that Guillaume of Luxembourg and Amedeo are cousins?

Guilaume's grandmather was the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlootte of Luxembourg
who was a sister of the present King Albert II of the Belgians who is a grandfather of Amedeo.

They also share common ancestors from the Austrian, Bourbon-Parma, and Saxon Royal Families, among others.

Here is their link (Bourbon Parma line):

Robert of Bourbon Parma - Zita of Bourbon Parma - Archduke Robert of Austria - Archduke Lorenz - Prince Amedeo

Robert of Bourbon Parma - Felix of Bourbon Parma - Jean of Luxembourg- Henri of Luxembourg - HGD Guillaume

Last edited:
Prince Amedeo of Belgium & family ( the one who's 25)

What I would like to know are some following questions:

What is Prince Amedeo's personality like? Like is kind and humble or what?
Does he attend charity events or anything like that?
Is he currently dating anyone?
Where does he currently reside?
And any other facts about him would be great thank you

Now just one questions on the royal Belgium family

Would they allow a marriage to commoner like , Prince William and Kate?

Please and Thank you :flowers:

Hello Everybody!
I'm new in TheRoyalForum! And I've a question.
I'd like to know: Does Amedeo has an account in facebook?
Help me please)
I will be grateful all of You!

Last edited:
What I would like to know are some following questions:

What is Prince Amedeo's personality like? Like is kind and humble or what?
Does he attend charity events or anything like that?
Is he currently dating anyone?
Where does he currently reside?
And any other facts about him would be great thank you

Now just one questions on the royal Belgium family

Would they allow a marriage to commoner like , Prince William and Kate?

Please and Thank you :flowers:

Hey!
Prince Amadeo is a very discret young man, so nobody know him very much.
He lives in NY, but comes very much to belgium. He's catholic.
Everybody says he's single, but they says that because they don't know any thing about his life ;)
And yes, he sure will agree a marriage with a commoner, if it's the woman of his life... :)
I don't know more than this, and no many persons knows more :)
Hope I helped you...

Hello Everybody!
I'm new in TheRoyalForum! And I've a question.
I'd like to know: Does Amedeo has an account in facebook?
Help me please)
I will be grateful all of You!

If his intelligent he wouldn't have a FB account, and if he has, I think it will be impossible to find him ;)

:previous: Does RTL have any sources or inside info to put these two together or are they only dreaming up the relationship? Sorry I don't read French :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
No,they are just making a suggestion to unite the two young people of princely origin.

Amedeo completed the New York Marathon.

Yes!!!! in 3 hours 39 minutes!!!
I'm sorry I didn't explained what the article from RTL was about. :unsure: They are just dreaming about marriages.

They are dreaming...their parents are first cousins... in this day and age I don't think that this generation would marry so close of kin

hi guys, does anyone have photos of Amedeo running in the New York Marathon?

They are dreaming...their parents are first cousins... in this day and age I don't think that this generation would marry so close of kin

Yes, same thing as for Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein. They are also cousins... I also don't think they will marry members of their family. But it wouldn't surprise me as Amedeo and Maria Laura marry aristocraty...

:previous: Does RTL have any sources or inside info to put these two together or are they only dreaming up the relationship? Sorry I don't read French :flowers:

They're speculation. They also write about Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume with Princess Euguene and that will most likely never happen

Pippa Middleton avec un membre de la famille royale belge? | rue royale

New rumour, launched my magazine LifeStyle, Pippa Middleton would be interessed in prince Amedeo. A person of Pippa's entourage would have told this to LifeStyle. (I have my personal doubts about this...)
Pippa is 28 years old, prince Amedeo only 26 in a month. But I think Pippa is absolutely not Amedeo's style (and totally not Amedeo's parents style)
Nevertheless, prince Amedeo looks great on the picture :)

I have doubts that the two even know each other, so I have even more doubts that they are (or will be) dating.
My impression is that her style has nothing to do with the style of any member of the Belgian Royal Family; I also wonder how would they - all very Catholic - welcome a non-Catholic girlfriend for Amedeo.

I doubt they have run into each other or are dating. As for religion well the Belgians did welcome a non Catholic Queen, Astrid of Sweden, so that IMO would not be a major impediment.

I doubt they have run into each other or are dating. As for religion well the Belgians did welcome a non Catholic Queen, Astrid of Sweden, so that IMO would not be a major impediment.

:previous: Amedeo won't becoming King of the Belgians anytime soon so the religion concern has more to do with his future role as The Archduke of Austria-Este, Duke of Modena, etc. and his parents' obvious preference for a noble Catholic girl for him...

Yes but his Archducal role is really little more than historical fiction since the empire is long gone and the Austria that remains is a republic that forbids the use of noble titles, besides the old rules have faded away and all that is required is being a Christian to be an acceptable bride for a Habsburg these days. Conversion to Catholicism would always be a possibility if the young lady was so inclined.

Archduke Carl Christian and Princess Marie Astrids sons have recently become engaged to commoners, one of whom is even an American. In fact several Habsburgs have married brides of non-aristocratic backgrounds.

Yes but his Archducal role is really little more than historical fiction since the empire is long gone and the Austria that remains is a republic that forbids the use of noble titles, besides the old rules have faded away and all that is required is being a Christian to be an acceptable bride for a Habsburg these days. Conversion to Catholicism would always be a possibility if the young lady was so inclined.

Archduke Carl Christian and Princess Marie Astrids sons have recently become engaged to commoners, one of whom is even an American. In fact several Habsburgs have married brides of non-aristocratic backgrounds.

Oh I completely agree with you that his Archducal title means nothing in the real world, I was making the point that his position is different to that of even his relatives Irme (who I think most would agree is marrying someone completely unacceptable, but that's a different thread...) and Christoph. As well as his parents' persuasions are more important than him being 6th in line... :flowers:

Oh I completely agree with you that his Archducal title means nothing in the real world, I was making the point that his position is different to that of even his relatives Irme (who I think most would agree is marrying someone completely unacceptable, but that's a different thread...) and Christoph. As well as his parents' persuasions are more important than him being 6th in line... :flowers:

Amedeo has been a long time "the hereditary prince" from Belgium and from Austria. (till 2001 and 1998). That's the difference with Imre and Christoph. They are not in course for the crown of Luxembourg and far far away in the Habsburg Line.
But, Ok, he hasn't a big role, other than the fact that he will succeed at his uncle Philippes role as economical ambassador of Belgium once he will be king. I think Amedeo probably will marry a girl of the nobility. And, certainly, an convinved catholic. Don't forget how Princess Astrid and Princess Lorenz met.
And this is one think more why I don't think Amedeo and Pippa date: In my opinion, Amedeo wouldn't marry a girl that slept with a lot of men ;)
This is also a criteria for Imre and Christoph. Katie and Adélaïde are both very catholic and pro life, in the same idea as the archiducs. :flowers:

Amedeo has been a long time "the hereditary prince" from Belgium and from Austria. (till 2001 and 1998). That's the difference with Imre and Christoph. They are not in course for the crown of Luxembourg and far far away in the Habsburg Line.
But, Ok, he hasn't a big role, other than the fact that he will succeed at his uncle Philippes role as economical ambassador of Belgium once he will be king. I think Amedeo probably will marry a girl of the nobility. And, certainly, an convinved catholic. Don't forget how Princess Astrid and Princess Lorenz met.
And this is one think more why I don't think Amedeo and Pippa date: In my opinion, Amedeo wouldn't marry a girl that slept with a lot of men ;)
This is also a criteria for Imre and Christoph. Katie and Adélaïde are both very catholic and pro life, in the same idea as the archiducs. :flowers:

:previous:
I completely agree. That was what I was trying to say.

:previous:
I completely agree. That was what I was trying to say.

I was searching with friends, no one of the Gotha is mariable with him. All are older, our too younger. Theodora of Greece is the only one I found, but they don't really match and she's orthodox...

Does anyone know what Amedeo majored in college?

I am pretty sure that Amedeo is a Finance/Economics major. He has a degree from the prestigious London School of Economics and last I heard had a career in banking, same as his father Archduke Lorenz.

Speaking of Amedeo's parents, I read that they met at Astrid's 18th birthday ball which was held at her parent's home Belvedere Palace.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that Amedeo is a Finance/Economics major. He has a degree from the prestigious London School of Economics and last I heard had a career in banking, same as his father Archduke Lorenz.
Yes he did, after that he took a sabbatical year and worked in a spanish bussiness as volunteer. After that year he went to New York and work at Deloitte part-time, while he's doing a master.

Speaking of Amedeo's parents, I read that they met at Astrid's 18th birthday ball which was held at her parent's home Belvedere Palace.
Yes, it's really funny. They were both really shy and they talked because they were both a little apart from the rest of the people who were dancing and partying. I read that in a book about princess Astrid, not sure it's true, but it's clear they really shy, so I take it's true :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom