The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and their family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2014, 05:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta, News and Events Part 1, July 2014- present

Welcome to the 1st thread for Prince Amedeo of Belgium and his wife Elisabetta's current news and pictures.

Please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

- In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
- No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
- It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
- Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.

- Note that it is unclear how the Belgian court will refer to the wife of prince Amedeo in the future. For now, we decided to use 'Princes Elisabetta' in the title of this thread for the sake of clarity.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?
Wikipedia lists her as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este in the BRF's info box. The Belgian RF's website isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm not sure what they say her title is.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

For the moment she was not also styled Princess of Belgium.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Commoner

I, too, am intrigued by the thread title's reference to "Princess Elisabetta," as she does not possess that title by law, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no announcement from official quarters that she will be styled as a Princess of Belgium. However, if such an announcement has been issued, it would be appropriate to post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Wikipedia lists her as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este in the BRF's info box. The Belgian RF's website isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm not sure what they say her title is.
Elisabetta is not yet included as a family member in the Belgian royal family's website. It is indeed likely that she will style herself as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta, but not a certainty: Many Italian (and Belgian) women do not assume their husbands' names (or titles) after marriage.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Elisabetta is not yet included as a family member in the Belgian royal family's website. It is indeed likely that she will style herself as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta, but not a certainty: Many Italian (and Belgian) women do not assume their husbands' names (or titles) after marriage.
I do not think that it is likely to happen either - that Elisabetta will be included in the Belgian monarchy's website. They do not seem that keen on updating (only the events in the diary, the basic things) and even Prince Amedeo himself is only mentioned in the biographies of his parents.
Heck, the last official photos are from January 2013 for Queen Mathilde's 40th birthday.
As long as no official title is being made known (and I even doubt it will, since their wedding was considered a private occasion), I think it's best to just call her Elisabetta or Lili - even though that is now technically incorrect.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I, too, am intrigued by the thread title's reference to "Princess Elisabetta," as she does not possess that title by law, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no announcement from official quarters that she will be styled as a Princess of Belgium. However, if such an announcement has been issued, it would be appropriate to post here.
She doesn't possess the title by law indeed. However, neither do many other princesses (in Holland f.e. the van Oranje-Nassau van Vollenhoven princesses or even Laurentien). However, as the wife of a prince she may 'use' his title. just as women often use their husbands last name. Since Belgium has a 'princess Alexandre' I think the most likely option is that the court will refer to Elisabetta as 'Princess Amedeo', but at the moment we simply don't know.

However, if the Belgian court will provide more clarity on the issue & when they come to a different conclusion, we will change the title of this thread.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Commoner

Thank you for the clarification; I concur that social - albeit not legal - usage of her husband's title is a likely, but unconfirmed, option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
As long as no official title is being made known (and I even doubt it will, since their wedding was considered a private occasion), I think it's best to just call her Elisabetta or Lili - even though that is now technically incorrect.
I agree, and I do not think it incorrect - she will surely retain her given name, no matter what surname or title she may use.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

We don't know a lot about their future life.
In his interview, King Albert II said that Amedeo has a now job in Belgium and that they bought a house .
Will Lili work in Belgium ??
Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Elisabetta and her mother were pictured shopping at the Vogue Fashion Night Out of Rome in Rome, Italy, yesterday evening, September 11, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 09-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Elisabetta was seen shopping with her mom in Rome September 25, 2014

Olycom - News
Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Commoner

Lili Rosboch filed from Paris her first story for ARTnews on October 23, 2014. She apparently kept her name, at least professionally.

Grand Openings: FIAC Begins as Paris Museums Come to Life - ARTnewsARTnews
Old 12-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

What would her surname be had she adopted Amedeo's?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Administrator

I think that he and his siblings are using 'de Belgique', though I am not sure if that is their official last name.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I think that he and his siblings are using 'de Belgique', though I am not sure if that is their official last name.
I remember Joachim having "de Belgique/van Belgie" in his Naval uniform when he became an officer.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just checked and Amedeo de Belgique is also the name he uses on his Linkedin Profile.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Courtier

From wikipedia:
Quote:
The announcement of his engagement occurred in February 2014. No royal decree expressing dynastic authorisation for his marriage was gazetted in the Moniteur Belge prior to his 5 July 2014 wedding, as foreseen in Article 85 of the Belgian Constitution, nor has a subsequent official communication on the matter been issued. A commentator on the military parade for La Une on 21 July 2014 (Belgian National Day) explained that no royal authorisation was announced because Amedeo intentionally chose not to request permission to marry, and therefore Amedeo is no longer to be considered in the line of succession, however that interpretation has been confirmed by neither the royal household nor government.
does anyone know something about this?
Old 12-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Is it correct to call Elisabetta princess as in Belgium you have to be titled princess to be able to be a princess of Belgium?
Léonard de Vinci
Old 12-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Nobility

Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta, News and Events Part 1, July 2014- pre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
From wikipedia:

does anyone know something about this?

I didn't know about this, but I've got to say that it doesn't surprise me, there was no news that she would be made a princess of Belgium, it wasn't discussed at all, even after the government was formed, if it's true I would really like to know why Amedeo chose not be in the line of succession anymore.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
I didn't know about this, but I've got to say that it doesn't surprise me, there was no news that she would be made a princess of Belgium, it wasn't discussed at all, even after the government was formed, if it's true I would really like to know why Amedeo chose not be in the line of succession anymore.
If he is no longer in the line of succession, is he still a prince of Belgium or has he been also stripped of his title ?

Tags
archduchess elisabetta, archduke amedeo, austria-este, elisabetta, habsburg, prince & archduke amedeo, prince amedeo, princess elisabetta