The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and their family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2014, 05:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta, News and Events Part 1, July 2014- present

Welcome to the 1st thread for Prince Amedeo of Belgium and his wife Elisabetta's current news and pictures.

Please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

- In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
- No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
- It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
- Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.

- Note that it is unclear how the Belgian court will refer to the wife of prince Amedeo in the future. For now, we decided to use 'Princes Elisabetta' in the title of this thread for the sake of clarity.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?
Wikipedia lists her as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este in the BRF's info box. The Belgian RF's website isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm not sure what they say her title is.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

For the moment she was not also styled Princess of Belgium.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Commoner

I, too, am intrigued by the thread title's reference to "Princess Elisabetta," as she does not possess that title by law, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no announcement from official quarters that she will be styled as a Princess of Belgium. However, if such an announcement has been issued, it would be appropriate to post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Wikipedia lists her as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este in the BRF's info box. The Belgian RF's website isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm not sure what they say her title is.
Elisabetta is not yet included as a family member in the Belgian royal family's website. It is indeed likely that she will style herself as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta, but not a certainty: Many Italian (and Belgian) women do not assume their husbands' names (or titles) after marriage.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Elisabetta is not yet included as a family member in the Belgian royal family's website. It is indeed likely that she will style herself as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta, but not a certainty: Many Italian (and Belgian) women do not assume their husbands' names (or titles) after marriage.
I do not think that it is likely to happen either - that Elisabetta will be included in the Belgian monarchy's website. They do not seem that keen on updating (only the events in the diary, the basic things) and even Prince Amedeo himself is only mentioned in the biographies of his parents.
Heck, the last official photos are from January 2013 for Queen Mathilde's 40th birthday.
As long as no official title is being made known (and I even doubt it will, since their wedding was considered a private occasion), I think it's best to just call her Elisabetta or Lili - even though that is now technically incorrect.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:18 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I, too, am intrigued by the thread title's reference to "Princess Elisabetta," as she does not possess that title by law, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no announcement from official quarters that she will be styled as a Princess of Belgium. However, if such an announcement has been issued, it would be appropriate to post here.
She doesn't possess the title by law indeed. However, neither do many other princesses (in Holland f.e. the van Oranje-Nassau van Vollenhoven princesses or even Laurentien). However, as the wife of a prince she may 'use' his title. just as women often use their husbands last name. Since Belgium has a 'princess Alexandre' I think the most likely option is that the court will refer to Elisabetta as 'Princess Amedeo', but at the moment we simply don't know.

However, if the Belgian court will provide more clarity on the issue & when they come to a different conclusion, we will change the title of this thread.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Commoner

Thank you for the clarification; I concur that social - albeit not legal - usage of her husband's title is a likely, but unconfirmed, option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
As long as no official title is being made known (and I even doubt it will, since their wedding was considered a private occasion), I think it's best to just call her Elisabetta or Lili - even though that is now technically incorrect.
I agree, and I do not think it incorrect - she will surely retain her given name, no matter what surname or title she may use.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

We don't know a lot about their future life.
In his interview, King Albert II said that Amedeo has a now job in Belgium and that they bought a house .
Will Lili work in Belgium ??

Tags
archduchess elisabetta, archduke amedeo, austria-este, elisabetta, habsburg, prince & archduke amedeo, prince amedeo, princess elisabetta