Prince Amedeo, Princess Elisabetta and Family, News and Events 1, July 2014- present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elisabetta is very beautiful!. Since she is married to Amedeo, what title(s) does she have?

As you can see from the previous posts in this thread, the issue of her titles is still unclear and disputed.
For sure she is HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este, Princess of Hungary and Bohemia, etc; as for her Belgian titles, it is still unclear what it is and the Belgian Court still hasn't provided any clarification.

What we assume to see means nothing. It is what they want us to see. The best proof was the most romantic and most beautiful photo-shoot of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra (of Denmark). Wow, wow... Love Is In The Air.... Love Is Everywhere.... You Are My Prince... and more Disney sugarcake fondant was coming from this photo-shoot. A few weeks later the couple announced their separation, followed by a divorce...

I assume that Donna Elisabetta fell in love with Archduke Amedeo, vice-versa. But they are two people on the same social stage who have found each other. These two blue-blooded people met each other exactly because they are on a social level which they share. Then about the couple living a life like "commoners". That happens to be the reality for almost all royals except the reigning couples and their heirs. In many royal families (the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, etc.) royals are expected earn their own living when they do not belong to the very core royal family.

Amedeo has recently obtained a MBA post graduate degree at Columbia University. Apparently the Prince has found a new job in Brussels, as a banker in private equities. According Le Soir the couple has a new home at the Royal Domain of Laeken, close to the Villa Schonenberg where his parents live. That Royal Domain belongs to the Koninklijke Schenking/Donation Royale and gives its properties at the disposal of the King and/or the royal family.

Since the death of Queen Fabiola, her residence the Château du Stuyvenberg is no longer in use. In Belgian media there were rumours that the couple Amedeo & Elisabetta would become the new inhabitants of that beautiful residence. The building is in need of a good renovation. Nothing heard about that anymore.

On that royal domain Amedeo & Elisabetta will live in an exclusive, heavily guarded lush green domain in the heart of densely populated Brussels. They have the use of chauffeurs, limousines, greenkeepers, butlers, etc. So it is not exactly the 'commoner' lifestyle they are living and Amedeo is also not exactly the pauper who found a rich heiress...

:flowers:

Amadeo is no longer in the line of succession (as he got married without requesting the King's approval) and AFAIK his wife is not a princess of Belgium. I don't see why they should live then at the Royal Domain of Laeken off taxpayers' money.

On a related note, there seems to be extensive reporting about the personal net worth (excluding state/Crown-held assets) of the Windsors, the Orange-Nassau and the Bernadottes for example, but the personal finances of the Belgian Coburgs seem to be shrouded in mystery. The Belgian RF is supposed to have accumulated a great fortune back when Leopold II personally ruled the Belgian Congo, bur it looks like most of that fortune ended up being transferred to the Belgian State or was lost in inheritance taxes and marriage agreements. Does anybody know for sure or at least have an estimate of the personal net worth of the Belgian RF and how that compares to the supposedly "wealthier" ruling families of the UK or the Netherlands for example ?

Last edited:
Amedeo and Elisabetta attended this weekend the wedding of Count Philippe of Limburg-Stirum and Countess Caroline von Neipperg in France.

Pic

:previous:Lili looks elegant as usual, but that's rather a somber looking dress to wear to a springtime wedding, even with the red accessories.:ermm:

That photo of Amedeo and Elisabetta is so sweet.
She looks beautiful with Princess Laurentien. Soo tall women. I searched more pics from that day and found one of her and her mother in law Astrid. They look very close.

Amadeo and Elisabetta attended the wedding of Count Philippe of Limburg-Stirum and Countess Caroline von Neipperg last Saturday.
View image: 4787066v

This young couple brings JOY in the so difficult Relationship between our Royals.

Amadeo is no longer in the line of succession (as he got married without requesting the King's approval) and AFAIK his wife is not a princess of Belgium. I don't see why they should live then at the Royal Domain of Laeken off taxpayers' money.

[...]

The Royal Domain of Laeken is not "off taxpayers' money" but is part of the enormous Donation Royale (Royal Gift) of King Leopold II to the State of Belgium, with a condition for certain estates (like Laeken) to remain at the disposal of the King.

The Donation Royale is an independent legal entity which manages and administers the many estates, assets and portfolios which were once privately owned by King Leopold II. In principle the Donation can manage itself thanks to the working capital given by the King and the exploitation of the properties.

The Donation Royale can rent out lands to tennant farmers. They can rent out forests to forestry companies. They can rent domains and lakes to a water company to deliver fresh drinkwater to households. They can lease out historical buildings to serve as office. They can rent out porperties, whatever. For an example to Archduke Amedeo... As long as the KIng's gift is respected (so the Château du Stuyvenberg can not become a "private club" for gentlemen, just to name an example). It must always have a dignified use.

Last edited:
The Royal Domain of Laeken is not "off taxpayers' money" but is part of the enormous Donation Royale (Royal Gift) of King Leopold II to the State of Belgium, with a condition for certain estates (like Laeken) to remain at the disposal of the King.

The Donation Royale is an independent legal entity which manages and administers the many estates, assets and portfolios which were once privately owned by King Leopold II. In principle the Donation can manage itself thanks to the working capital given by the King and the exploitation of the properties.

The Donation Royale can rent out lands to tennant farmers. They can rent out forests to forestry companies. They can rent domains and lakes to a water company to deliver fresh drinkwater to households. They can lease out historical buildings to serve as office. They can rent out porperties, whatever. For an example to Archduke Amedeo... As long as the KIng's gift is respected (so the Château du Stuyvenberg can not become a "private club" for gentlemen, just to name an example). It must always have a dignified use.

I doubt Amedeo will rent any property from the Donation Royale. Given his present income as a business analyst, I even doubt he could afford it. Elisabetta, on the other hand, comes from a very wealthy family.

Last edited:
I doubt Amedeo will rent any property from the Donation Royale. Given his present income as a business analyst, I even doubt he could afford it. Elisabetta, on the other hand, comes from a very wealthy family.

The Donation Royale owns a lot of properties which are rented out, for an example to staff of the royal household. If they can afford the rents, then Archduke Amedeo, a banker, can afford it too...

:whistling:

In 1900 King Leopold II wanted to avoid that his immense estate would be inherited by his (very estranged) heirs. Instead he donated his whole estate to the State of Belgium under three conditions:
1 - the properties may never be sold
2 - some properties must retain their original function, appearance and outlook
3 - some properties must remain available to the bearer of the Crown

Today, the Donation Royale is an autonomous public institution whose board of directors is composed of officials of the palace, officials from the Department of Finance and bankers. Except for the management of properties which are accessible to the public, this institution is financially independent: it receives its income from the rents it receives for its properties and from income out of investments. The Donation Royale is an autonomous institution and finances its own activities, so it does not weigh on the taxpayers.

I think the only reason that Amedeo didn't ask (was told not to ask) the king's consent was that they didn't know what title should his wife and future children have. Now that the King and the government have reached a decision about who will get the title of Prince(ss) of Belgium, the issue is solved and Prince Amedeo was told to ask for permission for his marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same feeling when I was the pics of her. Only time will tell.
But how weird will it be when prince Amedeo will be a father. His siblings and him are still cute royal teenager for me :ohmy:

But how weird will it be when prince Amedeo will be a father. His siblings and him are still cute royal teenager for me :ohmy:

That's right. But between Amedeo and his youngest sister Laetitia Maria is 17 years difference

I think the eventual pregnancy was not confirmed yet (nor denied?) . I think she do look pregnant in both pictures, but it's hard to say :)

I also think she looks pregnant.

I don't think that they will formally announce a pregnancy. So we should try not to speculate until they either do, or till it is really obvious.

But I would say that Elisabetta looks really good, as does Amedeo. Being married seems to do them good. :)

I think the only reason that Amedeo didn't ask (was told not to ask) the king's consent was that they didn't know what title should his wife and future children have. Now that the King and the government have reached a decision about who will get the title of Prince(ss) of Belgium, the issue is solved and Prince Amedeo was told to ask for permission for his marriage.

Het Nieuwsblad was told by a palace source that Prince Amedeo did not realize he needed official permission and King Philippe elected not to remind him because "he respected the autonomy of his nephew".

http://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/status/669463378893668352

If the source is credible I do not know, but it is known that Prince Amedeo never asked permission in the first one and a half years of his engagement and marriage and finally asked two months after his "renunciation" became national news.

Elisabetta is pregnant? where can I read news about it?

There is no news about it, since there has not been any announcement nor the speculations about the pregnancy have been confirmed.
So far everything has been said and written about a pregnancy is just a speculation and - as a fellow Moderator reminded just a couple of posts ago - it's better to avoid speculations until a pregnancy is announced or it is clearly visible.

All siblings except Laetitia-Maria are of age already.

Back
Top Bottom