The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I've been reading information on Elisabetta's family.
Elisabetta and Amedeo are still cousins.
You can read here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...tta_of_Belgium

Old 12-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Elisabetta and Amedeo are still cousins.
You can read here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...tta_of_Belgium
I hope Wikipedia will stop rehashing untruths about the names, styles and titles of Prince Amedeo and his family.

In every instance - legal documents, the official website, announcements, and so forth:

1. Amedeo and his parents and siblings always use the style of HRH (not HI&RH).
2. Elisabetta is always styled as either "Princess Amedeo of Belgium" or "Princess Elisabetta" (not "Princess Elisabetta of Belgium").
3. Elisabetta did not give up her surname (Rosboch von Wolkenstein) on marriage.
4. Anna Astrid is always styled "Princess Anna Astrid" (never "Archduchess Anna Astrid"), even in her birth certificate.

Official information and sources about the titles of Elisabetta and Anna Astrid are quoted in these posts:
Anna Astrid: Titles of the Belgian Royal Family
Elisabetta: 25th Anniversary of King Baudouin's Death - 2018

How the Royal Court addresses Prince Amedeo and his family can be seen in the official cards they publish:
http://koninklijkepost.punt.nl/categ...medeo-en-lilly

Elisabetta's surname can be seen in the decree of 2015, a year after their marriage, which addressed her as "Mrs. Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein".
Moniteur Belge - Belgisch Staatsblad

Old 03-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
It is also interesting that she also has a connection to Liechtenstein.

Apart from bearing the same name she is related to Fürstin Elisabeth Sarlota (Elsa) von und zu Liechtenstein, born von Gutmann.

In fact, through her mother, Lili is her first cousin 4 times removed.

Elsa's father Wilhelm, Ritter von Gutmann was older brother of Lili's great-great-great grandfather David, Ritter von Gutmann.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
It is also interesting that she also has a connection to Liechtenstein.

Apart from bearing the same name she is related to Fürstin Elisabeth Sarlota (Elsa) von und zu Liechtenstein, born von Gutmann.

In fact, through her mother, Lili is her first cousin 4 times removed.

Elsa's father Wilhelm, Ritter von Gutmann was older brother of Lili's great-great-great grandfather David, Ritter von Gutmann.
Thank you for the informations.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Christmas card of the couple with a picture of the family!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Royalemen...084293/photo/1
Old 03-20-2019, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I wonder why this has just been made public now (though Amedeo and Elisabetta do seem to be more private members of the BRF), though it's a lovely card nevertheless.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-20-2019, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I wonder why this has just been made public now (though Amedeo and Elisabetta do seem to be more private members of the BRF), though it's a lovely card nevertheless.
There have been occasions before when I have seen a blogger posting a card from the royal family months after the event. I am not sure if it is the bloggers or the Palace who are tardy.

I had wondered if they'd had more children after settling in Switzerland, but if the family photograph is any indication it appears they have not.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Amedeo and his wife Elisbetta are expecting their second child. They attended the Wedding of Fürst Otto zu Castell-Rüdenhausen and Sophie Mautner von Markhif on last weekend in Austria where Elisabetta was seen with an babybelly. No pictures so far.

https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...in-baby-0.html

Old 06-17-2019, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy for them….I'd love to see pix !
Old 06-17-2019, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Hope it's true. That would be wonderful news for the family!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

A little boy would be a wonderful addition. Name choosing for a child is interesting.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
A little boy would be a wonderful addition. Name choosing for a child is interesting.
If they like the alliteration: Leopold Lorenz (but that seems highly unlikely).
Old 06-17-2019, 10:04 PM
Courtier

If it's true, congratulations!
Old 06-17-2019, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

If the report is true, I wonder if the royal palace will actually announce the pregnancy, birth, or name, seeing as the couple now lives in Switzerland. Even when they lived in Belgium, the announcement of their child's birth was displayed on the official social media but not on the official website. The pregnancy and name announcements were sent to the press and not released to the public at all, though media outlets did share them with the public.

Compared to other European royals in their position, including the Orange-Nassau princes, the York princesses, and Prince Nikolai of Denmark, the children of Princess Astrid have been kept virtually invisible by the palace and the press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
If they like the alliteration: Leopold Lorenz (but that seems highly unlikely).
According to the palace spokesman, Princess Anna Astrid was named for her grandmothers, so Ettore or Lorenz, perhaps? I am not sure if Ettore Lorenz or Lorenz Ettore would be considered a normal name to Belgian or Italian parents.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Happy for them….I'd love to see pix !
There will probably pics later as there was some Press at the Wedding.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm happy to hear this news! Congratulations to Amedeo and Elisabetta

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-20-2019, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Picture of the happy couple in the Wedding of Fürst Otto zu Castell-Rüdenhausen and Sophie Mautner von Markhif

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...2c28cd77a03ddc
Old 06-20-2019, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Congratulations are in order!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
According to the palace spokesman, Princess Anna Astrid was named for her grandmothers, so Ettore or Lorenz, perhaps? I am not sure if Ettore Lorenz or Lorenz Ettore would be considered a normal name to Belgian or Italian parents.
From an Italian point of view Ettore Lorenz sounds better than the other way around, but maybe they won't repeat themselves, choosing their fathers' names
Old 06-20-2019, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
If the report is true, I wonder if the royal palace will actually announce the pregnancy, birth, or name, seeing as the couple now lives in Switzerland. Even when they lived in Belgium, the announcement of their child's birth was displayed on the official social media but not on the official website. The pregnancy and name announcements were sent to the press and not released to the public at all, though media outlets did share them with the public.

Compared to other European royals in their position, including the Orange-Nassau princes, the York princesses, and Prince Nikolai of Denmark, the children of Princess Astrid have been kept virtually invisible by the palace and the press.

Amedeo’s children are not princes of Belgium ( under the most recent royal decree of 2015), so I don’t think their birth has to be announced in any official website.

On the other hand, the Palace maintains that the Belgian Royal Family includes “ all descendants of Léopold III” , which would include Amedeo’s children, so it is a tough call.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Amedeo’s children are not princes of Belgium ( under the most recent royal decree of 2015), so I don’t think their birth has to be announced in any official website.

On the other hand, the Palace maintains that the Belgian Royal Family includes “ all descendants of Léopold III” , which would include Amedeo’s children, so it is a tough call.
If it was the "of [Country]" that mattered, though, the births of Prince Félix of Luxembourg's children or Princess Margriet of the Netherlands' grandchildren would not have been announced on the official websites of their respective families. Just as Amedeo's children are princes but not princes of Belgium under the royal decree of 2015 (Titles of the Belgian Royal Family), Félix's children are princes but not princes of Luxembourg under the Luxembourg house law of 2012 (Family Bylaws Concerning the House Law of the House of Luxembourg-Nassau). The grandchildren of Princess Margriet are completely untitled.

The Palace does not have to announce the births of any members of the Royal Family, even those of then-crown prince Philippe, but the handling of Princess Astrid's children and grandchildren is an interesting and noticeable difference from royals in the same position in nearby monarchies.

Tags
archduchess elisabetta, archduke amedeo, austria-este, elisabetta, habsburg, prince & archduke amedeo, prince amedeo, princess elisabetta