P. Maria Laura, P. Joachim, P. Luisa Maria and P. Laetitia Maria FAQ

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure how well an article is written if I still try to understand what qualifies as a 'furlane shoe' - but a great find: so, Laetitia apparently is interested in a career in fashion writing?!

Writing an article about her own friend's* brand, I expected better from Laura's sister.

*The Arrivabene sisters, daughters of Princess Bianca of Savoy and Count Giberto Arrivabene Valenti Gonzaga.

*The Arrivabene sisters, daughters of Princess Bianca of Savoy and Count Giberto Arrivabene Valenti Gonzaga.
And they are also distantly related, as Lorenz's mother was born Princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta, first cousin of the late Duke of Aosta. It makes them third cousins, I think

And they are also distantly related, as Lorenz's mother was born Princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta, first cousin of the late Duke of Aosta. It makes them third cousins, I think

They are indeed 3rd cousins:

Laetitia of Belgium (2003) - Lorenz of Austria-Este (1955) - Margherita of Savoy-Aosta (1930 - 2022) - Amedeo, 3rd Duke of Aosta (1898 - 1942) - Emanuele Filiberto, 2nd Duke of Aosta (1869 - 1931)

Viola/Vera Arrivabene-Valenti-Gonzaga (1991/1993)- Bianca of Savoy-Aosta (1966) - Amedeo, 5th Duke of Savoy-Aosta (1943) - Aimone, 4th Duke of Aosta (1900 - 1948) - Emanuele Filiberto, 2nd Duke of Aosta (1869 - 1931)
[with younger siblings Mafalda (1997), Maddalena (2000, featured in the article) and Leonardo (2001)]

Their aunt princess Mafalda was previously also married to a nephew of queen Paola, so a cousin of princess Astrid.

Last edited:
I wonder why she uses the name "Laetitia de Belgique", instead of using her family name.

It is true that King Philippe briefed to the media in 2015 that he wished to avoid having members of the royal family use the title "of Belgium" for professional advantage, but Laetitia's oldest siblings had already used it as their professional name for many years by that point (Amedeo was 29 years old in 2015), so it may be a matter of equal treatment between Laetitia and her older siblings (similar to the speculation about why Julian of Sweden received the same honors as his older brothers even though he was born after the King of Sweden restricted membership of the Royal House). Or perhaps she was not paid for the articles?

Writing an article about her own friend's* brand, I expected better from Laura's sister.

Interesting, could you share anything more about this friendship?

Princess Laetitia is going back to Latam, she will study for a year in Buenos Aires.
https://histoiresroyales.fr/princes...ne-poursuivre-etudes-universite-buenos-aires/

Di Tella (the Uni she's signing up to) is the most expensive University in Argentina, it's good but it's not the best though, I'm surprised she didn't choose to study at the Pontifical.

Interesting article, thank you. It quotes from an interview with Kevin Maguire of the Daily Mirror when she was a student at University College London. Does anyone know where to find that interview?

Interesting article, thank you. It quotes from an interview with Kevin Maguire of the Daily Mirror when she was a student at University College London. Does anyone know where to find that interview?
Here's Laetitia's interview with Kevin Maguire, from February 2021, when she was a student at Bromsgrove school, where she was the editor of the school's magazine
https://www.bromsgrove-school.co.uk/pupil-magazine Here you can still find some articles written by Laetitia in that period (mainly 2019-2021)

But why should it matter? Tatler is a high society magazine that talks about the lifestyles of wealthy, well connected especially nobles for 122 years, the original journal was started by Richard Steele in 1709 (going back 300years). Plus we don’t really know the closeness or lack of relationship between them. It’s not as if she’s trying to champion a family member into politics.

It is true that King Philippe briefed to the media in 2015 that he wished to avoid having members of the royal family use the title "of Belgium" for professional advantage, but Laetitia's oldest siblings had already used it as their professional name for many years by that point (Amedeo was 29 years old in 2015), so it may be a matter of equal treatment between Laetitia and her older siblings (similar to the speculation about why Julian of Sweden received the same honors as his older brothers even though he was born after the King of Sweden restricted membership of the Royal House). Or perhaps she was not paid for the articles?

Interesting, could you share anything more about this friendship?
They could just go by von Habsburg or d’Este or von Habsburg d’Este but I think because very few people would recognise the name “de Belgique” in comparison to von Habsburg is probably why in spite of the fact her father’s family aren’t a ruling family.

But why should it matter? (...) Plus we don’t really know the closeness or lack of relationship between them.

Writing an article about your 3rd cousin's shoe brand is hardly the way to begin/establish yourself as a respectable fashion writer.

Last edited:
Writing an article about your 3rd cousin's shoe brand is hardly the way to begin/establish yourself as a respectable fashion writer.

Oh, I don't know...it's not a bad place to start. Maybe she used the connection to get a foot in the door.

It was an article for tatler which is a high society publication. These things will involve connections of some sort whether you are related to the person, or are friends with this person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom