It's a girl for Amedeo and Elisabetta

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a beautiful name! Is Anna Lili's mother's name? I thought her name was Lilia. I also wonder if it's her entire name or just her given name? I'm still holding out for Fabiola to be included :D

More pictures of little Anna Astrid: https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/status/733669391775207424

I wonder if that's the full name too...Amedeo and his siblings have quite long names..
As for Lili's mother, her full name is Anna Maria, but she goes for Lilia (I don't know where did she get it from though).

Lovely name and a lovely baby. The parents look so proud yet relaxed.

I don't understand how can a tv show like Place Royal keep calling the baby a Princess when she's not. I mean...they're supposed to be experts about the subject. :ermm:

Technically is: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess Anna Astrid of Austria-Este, Princess Royal of Hungary, Princess of Modena.

Legally she is plain miss Habsburg (-este?) I believe.

Edit:
Title Discussion can be continued here.

Lovely name btw, i am glad that the name Astrid made it into the next generation.

Last edited:
Is the archduchess in line to the Belgian throne?. I asked because According to some websites she is!

She is no 7 for now, after the king's 4 children, princess Astrid and prince Amedeo.

What a beautiful name, naming her for both grandmothers :flowers: I too wonder if that is just her given name. Amedeo's family, both sides, are known for long names. Expected a Maria in there at the very least.

What a lovely couple and Amedeo was always the nicest boy, he is so sweet in the little video

Is the archduchess in line to the Belgian throne?. I asked because According to some websites she is!

Yes she is, as all legitimate living male and female descendants of King Albert II are in the line of succession to the throne unless excluded for some other reason (e.g. marrying without royal consent or descending from someone who married without royal consent). Unlike in the Netherlands, the Belgian constitution does not limit the line of succession based on proximity of blood.

Last edited:
Anna Astrid is an elegant name. It will be easy for the child when she has to print her name because both names begin with the first letter of the alphabet.

Congratulations to the new parents :flowers:
Their little Anna Astrid is soooooo adorable and gorgeous :heart2:
That's nice remembrance for Anne d'Orléans and Astrid of Sweden!

:previous: Yes, it is indirectly a nice nod to two of Amedeo's great-grandmothers (father's maternal grandmother and mother's paternal), But of course the baby is named in honor of her grandmothers Princess Astrid (who is named for her grandmother), and Anna Maria de Smecchia.

Anna Astrid's maternal grandparents Don Ettore, Nobile Rosboch von Wolkenstein and Donna Anna of the counts Di Smecchia are very connected to the Agnellis, the Borromeos, the Elkanns. The girl will have lots if doting "uncles" and "aunts" from high society in Belgium, Italy and Austria.

:previous: Yes, through Ettore's paternal half-siblings. Ettore was the product of an affair between the 8th prince Castagneto and a pharmaceutical heiress. He oddly enough carries the name of her late husband, who died a year before Ettore was born (Rosboch was her married name, von Wolkenstein was hers). His half sister was the wife of Gianni Agnelli, former chairman of fiat, and grandmother of John Elkaan, the current chairman. John is married to Beatrice Borromeo's sister Lavinia. She had two half-uncles. One was her godfather, the late Carlo, 9th prince and editor of la republica.

Lili is quite wealthy as well as well-connected it seems. Her father inherited a substantial Austrian pharmaceutical fortune from his mother, and Lili is his heir. Besides that, Uncle Carlo left her a small fortune when he died, as well as her father, though his full brother Nicola inherited the title and main estate.

That is what I like. Lalaing, Borromeo, Lannoy, Dampierre, Ligne, Coligny, they maintain my dynastic, historical and social fascination. Families in 2016, with names already emerging in the 15th C, still connecting. For me thát is part of fascination with aristocracy and royalty. In this way it remains a different world, with own merits and standards, so interesting.

That is what I like. Lalaing, Borromeo, Lannoy, Dampierre, Ligne, Coligny, they maintain my dynastic, historical and social fascination. Families in 2016, with names already emerging in the 15th C, still connecting. For me thát is part of fascination with aristocracy and royalty. In this way it remains a different world, with own merits and standards, so interesting.

Well about merits and standards I am not so sure. Just saw a film about the Borgia's and the rest of aristocracy was not better at that time.
Power-politics

But from the wrong side of the blanket, Duc. As a self-styled conservative shouldn't that be an abhorrance, as you have stated on this forum in other instances?

But indeed, it makes for some interesting genealogy of Anna Astrid.

Congratulations to Amedeo and Elisabetta! She's a beautiful little one, and Anna Astrid is a gorgeous name, I'm not usually a fan of Astrid but with Anna, it sounds beautiful. I like the sentimental reasons behind it, too.

I'm interested in hearing her full name, I have a feeling that Fabiola will be amongst them.

In effect, she is. It is unclear whether Article 85 of the Constitution of Belgium excludes the descendants of someone who marries without royal consent, and the retroactive restoration of her father's succession rights after he married without consent was unconstitutional (Article 85 requires the assent of both houses of Parliament, which was not granted), but the action of the King and Government will not be successfully challenged.

:previous: There is really no need to confirm or contest it at this point. The baby is already seventh in line and will keep falling. Bar a 'king ralph' type emergency in the family, Anna Astrid will never come near the throne

:previous: There is really no need to confirm or contest it at this point. The baby is already seventh in line and will keep falling. Bar a 'king ralph' type emergency in the family, Anna Astrid will never come near the throne

Of course it matters, otherwise what would be the point of laws and such regarding the issue. Her being close to the throne or not is irrelevant.

The Belgian Royal Family's inability to keep things correct or to announce things one way or the other is annoying, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to an interview they gave at the de Ligne/Dampierre wedding Amedeo and Elisabetta announced that the baptism of little Anna will take place next Saturday.

Congratulations to Amedeo and Elisabetta! She's a beautiful little one, and Anna Astrid is a gorgeous name, I'm not usually a fan of Astrid but with Anna, it sounds beautiful. I like the sentimental reasons behind it, too.

I'm interested in hearing her full name, I have a feeling that Fabiola will be amongst them.

Has there been any additional information on Anna Astrid's full name?

:previous: Not yet, but if reports are true about the baptism being next weekend, we may find out then.

Any news/photos of the baptism? Should have taken place today.

I also want to see pictures of the baptized. I hope they get pictures and news in brief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom