Guess the Sex, name, godparents for Prince Amedeo & Princess Elisabetta's 1st Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Prince Amedeo & Princess Elisabetta's 1st Child

• Boy

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Girl

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Twins - Boy, Boy

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Twins - Boy, Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twins - Girl ,Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Guess the Sex, name, godparents for Prince Amedeo & Princess Elisabetta's 1st Child

Guess the Sex, name, godparents for Prince Amedeo & Princess Elisabetta's 1st Child.

436px-Armoiries_Autriche-Este_1914.svg.png

I'm guessing boy and the name Albert with the King and Queen as Godparents.

I think it's a girl:

Fabiola Maria Astrid Lilia Elisabeth Josepha Paola.

If the baby is a boy:

Albert Philippe Lorenz Ettore Joachim Marcus d'Aviano.

Godparents:

HRH The Duchess of Brabant.
HI&RH Archduke Joachim of Austria-Este, Prine of Belgium.

Will the baby be a Prince/ss of Belgium?

I think it will be a boy. I expect a long name considering the family. And Marie/Maria to be included.

Boy: Albert Marie Lorenz Ettore Robert (and name of godfather)
-Albert and Robert for Amadeo's grandfathers
-Lorenz and Ettore for the baby's grandfathers
-and name for godfather
*possibly another name from Lili's side like Carlo for her Uncle/godfather, or her grandfather's name

Girl: Fabiola Maria Astrid Lilia Margherita (name of a godmother)
-Fabiola for the late queen
-Astrid and Lilia for the grandmothers
-Margherita for Lorenz's mother
-godmother's name
-possibly a name from Lilia's side or Paola

Last edited:
I think it's a girl:

No. Up until 2015 the answer would have been yes. When succession was changed, all descendants of Albert II were entitled to prince/ss. As of a decree in 2015 that has been limited to children and grandchildren of the monarch. And grandchildren of the crown prince/princess. Even if his grandfather was still on the throne, Amedeo's children wouldn't be entitled as the only great grandchildren of the king entitled would be Elisabeth's future kids. Now that Philippe is king, all of his grandchildren will be entitled in the future.

The child will be HIH Archduke/duchess X of Austria. And if a boy, 2nd in line behind his father to be the future Archduke of Austria-Este. and sixth in line for the former Austrian throne.

Last edited:

No I don't think so as the King recently issued a royal decree limiting those entitled to be Prince or Princesses of Belgium ,however this does not affect the titles used by members of the Archducal house Austria-Este.

I think that prince Amedeo and princess Elisabetta will have a baby girl in next month :in_love:

I love these names
HI&RH Archduchess
Rosaria Maria Élisabeth Fabiola Paola of Austria-Este

Godparents
-HRH Crown Princess Élisabeth of Belgium ,
Duchess of Brabant
(It's so logically that Amedeo's godfather is King Philippe
and goddaughter is Crown Princess Élisabeth - now it's her turn for the baby niece ;))

-One of their close friends or their cousins

Last edited:
For a girl:

HI&RH Archduchess Fabiola Maria Elisabetta Astrid Lilia of Austria-Este

For a boy:

HI&RH Archduke Lorenz Maria Ettore Albert Leopold of Austria-Este

Godparents:

HI &RH Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este
Lilia Rosboch von Wolkenstein (née Contessa Lilia de Smecchia)

:previous:I think Amedeo's youngest sister Laetitia is a good candidate as godmother.

I do like HI& RH Archduchess Fabiola-Astrid of Austria Este if its a baby girl!

If it's a boy, we're certain of one thing: there will be "Marcus d'Aviano" . That is, if they keep up with tradition. There will probably also be a Marie if it's a girl. For the rest, I think they might chose an italian name (since both of their names are), and I think it will be quite traditional. But not Robert, or Albert.

As for the godmother, I think it's logical they'll ask Maria Laura, since she's very close to Amedeo and one of Lili's best friends. It was her who introduced Lili to her brother :)

:previous: I agree, I noticed the trend of Marcus D'Aviano after my post. Since King Charles I of Austria, the majority of sons have carried it. And Daughters as well. Charles gave the name to all of his children, including his daughters, except his heir Otto. Robert (his son), Lorenz, and both of Lorenz's sons carry it. As does Archduke Carl Christian and his three sons Imre, Christophe and Alexander.

I think though we are just as likely to see the Belgian tradition of Marie. Amadeo and Joachim, their uncles Philippe and Laurent, all of their maternal male cousins have Marie. As do the Lux princes. And that goes for a girl as well as all of Amadeo's sisters have Maria as do all his paternal female cousins.

Marcus D'Aviano has been given to females in the past as well (the boys in the family have some female names, the girls have some male) but IMO they wont use it for a girl.

I voted for a baby girl

I think a italian name as Anna or Chiara or why not Paola !!

As godmother, I think queen Paola or Maria-Laura, and as godfather, a member of Elisabetta'sfamily as his father, for exemple

How about using Benoît for a boy? It is one of Prince Laurent's middle names.

Girl:
Fabiola Maria Paola Lilia Elisabetta Zita

Boy:
Baudoin Lorenz Ettore Albert Marcus d'Aviano

Godparents:
Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium and a male cousin of Elisabetta

Well, I've always had a feeling their firstborn would be a girl named Fabiola and I think I'm gonna stick with that.

Girl: Fabiola Elisabeth Maria Margherita Paola

Boy: Albert [name of male godparent] Lorenz Ettore Marcus d'Aviano

Godparents:
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant
A male relative of either Amedeo or Elisabetta

Guess the Sex, name, godparents for Prince Amedeo & Princess Elisabetta's 1st...

I have a feeling their baby will be a girl. I also have a strong feeling that Fabiola will be one of her names, of course after the late Queen Fabiola. In a combination, I like the sound of Emilia Louise Henriette Fabiola Marie. Other combinations I've come up with are Isabelle Clémentine Marie Louise Charlotte and Amélie Joséphine Caroline Astrid Marie.

If they have a boy, I like the following ideas I thought of:

Leopold Philippe Augusto Jean Marie Marcus d'Aviano

Charles Robert Pius Louis George Marie Marcus d'Aviano

Louis Albert Karl Ippolito Baudouin Marie Marcus d'Aviano

I get the impression that in the Belgian RF Marie is a common middle name for boys, and as other posters have mentioned Marcus d'Aviano is popular in the former Austrian Imperial RF.

Last edited:
:previous: Marie is used by both the Austrians and Belgians (as well as the Lux men have it).

Small correction, it isn't d'aviano. It is Marcus d'aviano, basically treated as one name. It seems to come from a Capuchin friar who was known to have been an advisor to Leopold I of the Holy Roman Empire.

Guess the Sex, name, godparents for Prince Amedeo & Princess Elisabetta's 1st...

:previous:
Small correction, it isn't d'aviano. It is Marcus d'aviano, basically treated as one name. It seems to come from a Capuchin friar who was known to have been an advisor to Leopold I of the Holy Roman Empire.

I haven't had the time to read all the pages of this thread as for some reason I've only stumbled across it, so I didn't realise that. I presumed that it was just d'Aviano all this time, but now I know. Thanks for the info.

I voted for a baby boy.
Name:
Albert Carlo Marie Marcus d'Aviano.
Godperents:
Princess Maria Laura and a male friend of couple.

These are my guesses. If it is a boy Laurent Phillipe Marie Joachim Marcus d'Aviano.If it is a girl Fabiola Maria Elisabeth Astrid Paola.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom