The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and their family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Nobility

Congratulation to the Amedeo and Lili
They are so lovely couple!
I can't wait to see the wedding

Old 02-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Nobility

So, the last sexy European prince old enough to marry is engaged. Excuse me while I weep over this loss

But, I'm quite exited for the wedding! I hope it will be hold in Belgium, but I doubt it.
And I hope there will be some media-coverage, but I doubt it too.

But like I said, very happy for both of them

Queen Mathilde
Old 02-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the couple!
I am looking forward to seeing photos of the wedding.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Amedeo and Lili! It looks like 2014 will be the year for royal events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Congratulations to HIRH Archduke Amedeo of Habsburg (Este), Prince of Belgium and to Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein.
I don't mean to sound picky, but Amedeo would be an Archduke of Austria-Este and not an Archduke of Habsburg. Habsburg is the name of the Austrian Imperial Dynasty, whilst Archduke of Austria-Este is the name of the Austrian Imperial Title, from the Este branch.

P.S = Again I apologize for sounding picky, but I'm a sucker for using the correct title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
But her surname doesn't sound Italian.
I don't know if Lili comes from there but I've heard that in Northern Italy (particularly in the Alpine Regions), people tend to look more Germanic than Italian, so perhaps that explains why Lili's surname doesn't sound Italian.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Courtier

More Information about Elisabetta

According to the article, She was born on 9th September 1987 in Rome. She is the only child of Ettore Rosboch and Countess Lilia. In 2005, she received her diploma in Economics and Social Sciences. In 2006, she moved to London, to study Literature and film at the Queen Mary University, London where she received her Bachelor in Arts with distinction. Her interests include ; Literature, Plastic arts and culture. She began her internship at Bloomberg in 2009. She is fluent in French & English. She likes Alpine Skiing, Horseback riding, water skiing; loves literature, cinema
Old 02-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to HI&RH Prince Amadeo & Elisabetta Maria von Wolkenstein Rosboch
Old 02-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

No pics of the couple?
Old 02-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
No pics of the couple?
Apparently we'll have pictures and a video tomorrow.
In Belgium it's a tradition to get engaged "officially" with a little gathering/dinner, so maybe we'll have pictures of that :-)

Queen Mathilde
Old 02-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Have no idea who she is, but congrats to both her, Amedeo and their families! How wonderful that there will be a royal wedding this year as well. Perhaps Amedeo's goddaughter, the Duchess of Brabant, will be a bridesmaid.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

This article is about the fight between her uncle/godfather Carlo's daughter - cousin Jacaranda and the rest of the Caracciolo family. She grew up as part of the Caracciolos, was baptized at the family estate and spent time growing up there; and was left money in Carlo's will. Her father is also heir to a pharmaceutical fortune from his Austrian mother. She has Italian, Austrian, German and Polish roots. Expect to see the Agnellis, Caracciolos, Smecchias, Borgheses, Viscontis, Pasolinis, Gaetani dell'Aquila d'Aragonas, and possibly Furstenburgs, Brachetti-Perettis, Borromeos and Pierre Casiraghi from her family's portion of the guest list.

The Mysterious Heirs of Italian Prince Carlo Caracciolo | Vanity Fair
Old 02-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
No pics of the couple?
They were noticed in the crowd of engaged couples gathered at the Vatican to be blessed by the Pope on Valentine's Day. The official announcement might have been an impromptu response to that revelation, with the original announcement intended later. So the engagement party and pictures may be still to come. Word is that we may get something tomorrow.

Le prince Amedeo se fiance: qui est Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein ? - RTL info
Old 02-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
So, the last sexy European prince old enough to marry is engaged. Excuse me while I weep over this loss
Do not despair! There are a few European princes of marriageable age who remain unengaged:

1. Albert, 12th Prince of Thurn und Taxis, is 30 years old.
2. Prince Henry (Harry) of Great Britain is 29 years old.
3. Archduke Alexander of Austria, son of Archduke Carl-Christian and Archduchess Marie-Astrid, née Princess of Luxembourg, will turn 24 in September.
4. Prince Amedeo's own brother, Prince Joachim, turned 22 this past December.
5. His cousin Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg will turn 22 in April.

And of course there's Pierre Casiraghi, although he's not really a prince. Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment; there may be others I'm forgetting. So, you see, you may dry your tears!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Serene Highness

It will be nice to have an Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este, Royal Princess of Hungary!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the couple!
Old 02-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
and this make her grand niece of Marella Agnelli (neé Caracciolo). I'm looking forward to this wedding just to see how awesome the guestlist will be
You read my mind. I love Royal weddings in general but I really love a posh one, like this is bound to be!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Do not despair! There are a few European princes of marriageable age who remain unengaged:

3. Archduke Alexander of Austria, son of Archduke Carl-Christian and Archduchess Marie-Astrid, née Princess of Luxembourg, will turn 24 in September.

And of course there's Pierre Casiraghi, although he's not really a prince. Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment; there may be others I'm forgetting. So, you see, you may dry your tears!
And what about Prince Carl-Phillip of Sweden?
Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Nobility

I think we're all waiting to see the guest list!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post

haha, sadly they don't fit in my definition of sexy. But it's okay, Pierre Casiraghi and Carl Philip are not engaged yet. And there's still Josef-Emmanuel of Liechtenstein too.
So, even though Amedeo is engaged, I can still dream about marrying a beautiful prince

Queen Mathilde
Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
You read my mind. I love Royal weddings in general but I really love a posh one, like this is bound to be!
I'm so exited too, but I hope we'll see the guestlist and we'll have some pictures of them

Queen Mathilde
Old 02-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Courtier

https://m.facebook.com/PlaceRoyale has some pics of the Belgian Royals arriving at Princess Astrid' s villa

Tags
amedeo, archduke amedeo, engagement, habsburg, prince amedeo