Austria- Este

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zeronadazilch

City
Rizal
Country
Philippines
Is Prince Amedeo a descendant of Lucrezia Borgia through his father's side? I'm just wondering because I read somewhere in the internet that Lucrezia married an Este...

Is Prince Amedeo a descendant of Lucrezia Borgia through his father's side? I'm just wondering because I read somewhere in the internet that Lucrezia married an Este...
Yes, he is. I've studied their genealogy and observed that they are descendants of many interesting characters of the past.

Prince Amedeo is a direct descendant of Lucrezia Borgia through numerous different lines, both on his maternal and paternal sides.
The "Este" in his surname has little relevance to Lucrezia though.

One of matrilineal lines of descent through which Prince Amedeo is Lucrezia's 16th great-grandson:
Lucrezia Borgia -
Ercole II d'Este -
Anna d'Este -
Charles de Lorraine, Duke of Mayenne -
Catherine de Lorraine -
Anna Gonzaga -
Countess Palatine Anne of Simmern -
Louis III, Prince of Conde -
Louise Elisabeth de Bourbon -
Louise Henriette de Bourbon -
Louis Philippe II, Duke of Orleans -
Louis-Philippe I, King of the French -
Princess Louise-Marie of Orleans -
Prince Philippe, Count of Flanders -
Albert I of Belgium -
Leopold III of Belgium -
Albert II of Belgium -
Princess Astrid of Belgium -
Prince Amedeo

Virtually all of modern European royalty, current and abolished, is descended from Lucrezia Borgia.

Can anyone tell me about some "traditions" in the Austria-Este family?

The non-territorial property of the Este family fell to the line of Archduke Charles Louis, the brother of Emperor Francis Joseph I. Austria-Este became a sort of secundogeniture title within the Austrian imperial family.

There are all sorts of interesting novels about Isabella d'Este, later the Duchess of Mantua, her sister Beatrice d'Este, later the Duchess of Milan, and Lucrezia Borgia, who married their brother Alfonso (her third husband!). Three very interesting Renaissance ladies.

Back
Top Bottom