The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Majesty

Philippe was a handsome young man with a beautiful head of hair. In his salad days he was quite dishy. Just Google Philippe at 30.

Poor Laurent never seemed to enjoy salad days...at any age ..sad:

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Philippe was a handsome young man with a beautiful head of hair. In his salad days he was quite dishy. Just Google Philippe at 30.

Poor Laurent never seemed to enjoy salad days...at any ge ..sad:
Indeed. Thank you for serving us hot tea lol. The young Philippe is handsome, yes. And the Philippe with beard looks better. What happened now though?

Laurent? No comment

Old 07-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

If Laurent was so averse to being a working royal and performing a few annual duties he should have renounced his succession rights upon marriage and got a job for himself and he'd have lived very quietly and modestly with his wife and kids.Instead he behaves like an overpaid royal bull in a china shop .The Belgian RF would work just as well without him as a semi working royal .

Like the old saying goes 'You can't have your cake and eat it'

August 25th, 1270 -Death of King Louis IX of France
Old 07-23-2019, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

To me he mainly comes across as extremely entitled. He does seem to think that he deserves everything he pleases just because he was born a prince. He doesn't seem to be aware of the responisibility that comes with being given much (in his case both a prominent place in society and money).

Nonetheless, within his privileged life and despite his entitlement, he is contributing in his own limited way in areas that he is passionate about.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, Laurent certainly doesn't help himself! I agree that he has always come across as rude and arrogant as well as narrow-minded to me.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-24-2019, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

I think apart from this rudeness and misdemeanor, have somebody met Laurent in person? Is he warm and kind?

Maybe this rudeness is just a facade. What do you all think?
Old 07-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I think apart from this rudeness and misdemeanor, have somebody met Laurent in person? Is he warm and kind?

Maybe this rudeness is just a facade. What do you all think?
For what I've seen through videos he is very warm and kind to normal people and people love him back for that, cause they don't feel the class distance when he is around. However he has problems with autorithy, he does not seem to able to accept rules and restrictions from other people. He always takes them personally.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
For what I've seen through videos he is very warm and kind to normal people and people love him back for that, cause they don't feel the class distance when he is around. However he has problems with autorithy, he does not seem to able to accept rules and restrictions from other people. He always takes them personally.
I see this is a nice observation though. Some people are like this and maybe for a Prince it is not something we usually see since we only know him from the footages we see and the articles written about them.

But yeah knowing that his relationship with Claire and his children is going well, I think he might have this warm and kind personality inside him.