Twin Princes Nicolas and Aymeric for Claire & Laurent

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielane said:
Why should the english websites spell Emeric? They are able to memorize a typical french name.

im not saying all are crap on memorizing names..but sum are... and well aymeric n emeric its the same name.. and hmm i just think its easier 2 know how 2 say if it ifs emeric for the ppl who doesnt know french...:rolleyes: besides..french n british ppl arent exactly the best of mates:p ;)

Gillian said:
When princess Claire and twins leave the hospital?

The doctors said during the press conference that she'd be out on Monday. Since the babies need to stay at least 2 weeks in the incubator, maybe they'll only leave next week.

swedishme said:
im not saying all are crap on memorizing names..but sum are... and well aymeric n emeric its the same name.. and hmm i just think its easier 2 know how 2 say if it ifs emeric for the ppl who doesnt know french...:rolleyes: besides..french n british ppl arent exactly the best of mates:p ;)

But I see it like a lack of respect to mis-type a name, which is a very important part of every people. Of course, everyone can write errors, but seeing some magazines making every time the same mistake, and intentionnally not correcting it when some people are saying they're wrong is for me very direspectful.

we have wait and see what happened of twin baby if twin baby will stay at hospital for nicu for months as gain pounds and let Princess Claire go home and see twins baby like everyday hours

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
What would happen if when no royals were around, the twins got accidentally switched with other babies?

I'd trust the hospital wouldn't let that happen. If that did happen, I'd hope Claire would know!

I also think all the Belgian royal children have a distinctive look about them...they'd be able to tell eventually :p

What would happen if when no royals were around, the twins got accidentally switched with other babies?
I don't really think that is the best thing to be inquiring about. It's a highly unlikely scenario and something I don't think anyone would want to think about.

I had really hoped the boys would be home for Christmas, but I'm sure Claire, Laurent and Louise will find a way to celebrate the holiday with their new additions.

Is this a serious question or a joke? :confused: I really hope it's someone's idea of a funny if tasteless joke or scenario rather than a serious thought ... :cool:

How often does this really happen let alone to royal babies who undoubtedly have the hospital's best nurses and doctors looking after them.

Surely the hospital would have some kind of baby indentifration system so that wouldn't happen.

lise said:
Surely the hospital would have some kind of baby indentifration system so that wouldn't happen.

I believe it's the same system than in France, where all the babies have some kind of identification.

In this case you would have to find another twin set to mix them up with, especially since they are supposed to look very much alike ;) :D

I wonder what would have happened if Mathilde would have had identical twins as first born (totally hypothetical of course). How would the succession have been handled? one minute appart is not a lot and since it was a cesarian, the second born could always claim that it was te doctors doing and in natural birth he might have been first. Now of course it doesn't really matter, since they are very unlikely to ever inherit the throne considering their position in the line-up. But how would it be handled if sth like that would ever occurred in a monarchy today?

On the news this weekend they told that Princes Claire will leave the hospital today . Does anyone has picture of that ? Or does the princess stay longer in hospital ?

Lila Rose said:
On the news this weekend they told that Princes Claire will leave the hospital today . Does anyone has picture of that ? Or does the princess stay longer in hospital ?

thanks for the news, Lila Rose...
do they also announced whether Princess Claire is the only one leaving while the Prince Nicolas & Prince Aymeric remain in the hospital?
i doubt it will be a big event if the princes won't leave the hospital yet, but hopefully we still get some pics.:)

purple_platinum said:
thanks for the news, Lila Rose...
do they also announced whether Princess Claire is the only one leaving while the Prince Nicolas & Prince Aymeric remain in the hospital?
i doubt it will be a big event if the princes won't leave the hospital yet, but hopefully we still get some pics.:)

No , I don't think that the twins will leave the hospital already.I think they said the will have to stay in the hospital for at least 3 weeks. To bad they can't be at home for christmas....

For pictures of the twins we will have to wait until they leave hospital I think...

Oh...Congratulations the Prince Laurent and Princess Claire. I love the names and pray the boys will a life of happiness and love.

What a wonderul early Christmas present for the Belgian Royal Family. :)

It seems that princess Claire will leave hospital tommorow. Maybe we will see the new big sister.

Princess Robijn said:
Are there any pictures of the twins??

unfortunately, not yet, Princess Robijn.

if i'm not mistaken, on Princess Louise's birth, they released a photo of her, then we get to see more of her when princess claire & newborn louise left the hospital.
but, in this case it seems a bit different, princess claire will leave the hospital while the twin remain in the hospital.

I don't want to close this thread, but with people veering off the topic, such as "switching at birth" or "identification practices in other countries" or "had Mathilde delivered twins" situations nothing to do with the birth of Princes Aymeric and Prince Nicolas, which is the topic of the thread.

Please get back on topic NOW or this thread will be closed.

Princess Robijn said:
does anyone know when the princes will go home??

No one knows for the moment. It will depend of how their health improves.

Prince Laurent Register Births of Prince Nicolas & Prince Aymeric

Woluwe-Saint-Lambert, BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
Prince Laurent after he signed the register of birth of his twin sons Prince Nicholas and Prince Aymeric, Wednesday 21 December 2005. Prince Nicholas and Prince Aymeric, 2nd and 3rd child of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire, were born on 13 December 2005.
(picture from belgapic)

the prince receive 2 cuddly cows from the mayor of Woluwe-Saint-Lambert...:D :D

Attachments

• p3718275.jpg
    p3718275.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 192
  • p3718199.jpg
    p3718199.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 260
  • p3718208.jpg
    p3718208.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 178
  • p3718211.jpg
    p3718211.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 167
  • p3718251.jpg
    p3718251.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 187
  • p3718249.jpg
    p3718249.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 159
  • p3718191.jpg
    p3718191.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 226
  • p3718192.jpg
    p3718192.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
several more photos without watermark from Prince Laurent's Press Conference from DPA

posted by Henri.M on BRMB :

His Royal Highness Prince Laurent of Belgium has registered his twin-sons on the townhall of Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe / Woluwe-Saint-Lambert (Brussels).

They are registered:
Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Nicolas Casimir Marie, Prins van België
(Son Altesse Royale Nicolas Casimir Marie, Prince de Belgique)
and
Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Aymeric Auguste Marie, Prins van België
(Son Altesse Royale Aymeric Auguste Marie, Prince de Belgique)

First the Prince was welcomed by Georges Désir, the Mayor, and told that his twins are doing will and that he hoped they could leave the hospital in three weeks.

The witnesses to this registration were:
the highborn Cédric count du Monceau de Bergendal, "his best friend" as the Prince said,
the highborn Étienne viscount Davignon, minister of state
Professor dr. Corinne Hubinont, medical doctor, lecturer on the Catholic University of Leuven (Louvain)faculteit geneeskunde van de Katholieke Universiteit van Leuven
Mr. Georges Vanlerberghe, advisor to the Prince.

1253754.jpg

Last edited:
3 more from abaca of Laurent registering the twins' births

Attachments

• 442165.jpg
    442165.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 442166.jpg
    442166.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 200
  • 442167.jpg
    442167.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 218
It seems to me the official website of the belgian monarchy indicates the spelling Nicolas and not Nicholas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom