The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
that seems like a very long time to be in the hospital. it doesnt seem that most twins stay in the hospital that long after birth.
I agree. The birth weight seems to be so good, that they should be able only to be in these warm little beds (what´s the term? I don´t mean incubators). 4-6 weeks seem very long. Dealing a bit with twins (out of interest and because of commoness in my family) I know that 2-3 weeks are much more common for twins/triplets with around 2000 grammes +
But in the case of Royals a lot of doctors seem to be more carefully...besides we don´t know, how the twins really are.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Courtier

That´s great news! Congratulations to Claire and Laurent.:) :)

Old 12-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Majesty

I worked for 4 weeks at the maternity ward, and all I can say is, if the babies are in a good condition, don't have any pulmonary problems and are good eater they don't have to stay that long in the hospital. Maybe 2 weeks, just as Lena mentioned.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

They boys are in incubator. In Belgium , when a baby weights less then 2 kg , there are premature. And just afther the birth , a baby can lose weight ( it's normal) , so I think they will have to spend a little while in the incubator , until they have a healthy weight .

The second baby weights already 2.21kg , but i think they consider him also as a premature because he is been born a month to early , and because he is a twin . But again , they said the boys were doing fine , so I think they just want to be sure...:)

About the weeks they will have to stay in hospital , Laurent said between 3 and 6 weeks . It depends on how they're doing . But i think it will be until begin january , ( their due date) , so 4 weeks . I don't think Claire will stay in the hospital . Most of the time the parents go home after a week , they can visit their baby's whenever they want .

I think we can expect a visit from Filip's and Astrid's family , Fabiola , and ofcourse Claire's family !
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

I would be very surprised if Claire has to stay that long -- I would think more likely a week. As far as the babies, my speculation is that, one, many newborns do lose some weight initially and these little guys don't have much to lose, two, it is winter with more respiratory illnesses and since lungs are one of the last things to develop these two might have a more fragile system the docs don't want to expose to viruses at this time of year, and, three, my guess is 3-6 weeks is longer than they think the babies need to be in but they don't want all of us worrying if they are there that long and beginning to ask questions. Just my opinion -- we'll see.....
I am thrilled they are here and that all are well - what a gift!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Philip and family arrive 14 December 2005 at the Saint-Luc University Hospital near Brussels to visit Princess Claire of Belgium, the British-born wife of Prince Laurent, who gave birth to twin boys 13 December 2005, one month before term.

from getty and belga
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	220668   Click image for larger version

Name:	91.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	220682   Click image for larger version

Name:	92.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	220683   Click image for larger version

Name:	93.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	220684  

Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Pity there is already an Alexandre in the (extended) Belgian Royal Family, because then we could have had "Nicolas and Alexander". Has a ring to it? :)
Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you fanletizia! I love the sweater!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

The other babies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
Yeah 12-13 babys(as I know) has been born! Hashem(?), Leah Isadora, Alexia, Felicia, Emmanuel, Carlos, Sverre Magnus, Leonor, Baby Denmark, Maria Camilla(?) and Clairs twins.. It can be more babys but this what I can remember at the minute:o
Who are Maria Camilla, Felicia and Carlos?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
that seems like a very long time to be in the hospital. it doesnt seem that most twins stay in the hospital that long after birth.
Preemies usually stay in the hospital until their original due date. I would expect the twins to be released in January. Claire, of course, can probably go home in a few days, like with a normal birth
Old 12-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Who are Maria Camilla, Felicia and Carlos?
Felicia is the daughter of Prince Bernhard and Princess Marilene of the Netherlands. Carlos is the son of Princess Alexia of Greece. And I'm not sure, but I think Maria Camilla is the daughter of the Duke of Calabria (?)
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Thank you Fanletizia!.She looks lovels.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia
Albert and Paola already visited their new grandchildren yesterday evening .
They have now 11 grandchildren , 5 boys and 6 girls
I mean no offense Emilia, but it's actually the other way around: 6 boys and 5 girls. But who can keep track.

Thank you very much everyone for the pictures.:) I love Mathilde's sweater too Emily.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Belgian princess gives birth to twins

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051213...s_051213211205
Old 12-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchic5
Felicia is the daughter of Prince Bernhard and Princess Marilene of the Netherlands. Carlos is the son of Princess Alexia of Greece. And I'm not sure, but I think Maria Camilla is the daughter of the Duke of Calabria (?)
It's Maria Chiara, daughter of Charles and Camilla, dukes of Calabria
Old 12-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Felicia is the youngest daughter of Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mette2
I mean no offense Emilia, but it's actually the other way around: 6 boys and 5 girls. But who can keep track.

Thank you very much everyone for the pictures.:) I love Mathilde's sweater too Emily.

Whoops ! yeah , I was a little confused , there have always been more girls then boys , and now it's the other way !:)

mathilde looks so beautiful with that sweater . It's so nice they already go visiting the new family
Old 12-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Courtier

I agree Emilia. Mathilde looks lovels.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Aristocracy

I think Maria Camilla is the new daughter to Princess Tatiana of Litchenstien
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck
I think Maria Camilla is the new daughter to Princess Tatiana of Litchenstien
It's Camilla, not Maria Camilla.
There must have a mix up between Maria Chiara and Camilla

Tags
aymeric, birth, nicholas, prince aymeric, prince laurent, prince nicholas, princess claire, twins