Twin Princes Nicolas and Aymeric for Claire & Laurent

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy news indeed - congratulations to Claire, Laurent, the Royal Family and the people of Belgium!

congrats to the beautiful belgian family and to the people of belgium.

I like the name Nicholas very much. Emeric I will have to get used to. ( i know it's not official yet, but there's a good chance these are what it will be)

are either of these family names?

pollyemma said:
I like the name Nicholas very much. Emeric I will have to get used to. ( I know it's not official yet, but there's a good chance these are what it will be)are either of these family names?
Claire's father is Nicholas Coombs, and her mother's name is Nicole. I would guess that Laurent chose the name Emeric :D.

well... we'd better wait for official announcement to know for sure... but i like the name Emeric... cute.. and not usual..

On the news they told that the names Nicolas and Emeric aren't official yet . But Nicolas would make sense because the parents of Claire are Nicholas and Nicole ...

Tomorrow there will be a press conference .
Laurent spent the night together with his wife , the twins , Louise and Claire's mother in the hospital . he said he's very happy with the birth of his two sons
Both baby boy's are doing well , they will have to stay in the hospital for 3-6 weeks ( as is normal for twins )

This twins aren't the first twins in Belgian Royal history . Josephine -Charlotte (Laurent's aunt) had a twin , and also King Leopold the second his brother .

Albert and Paola already visited their new grandchildren yesterday evening .
They have now 11 grandchildren , 5 boys and 6 girls

huh? 3-6 weeks, that means 1 - 1 1/2 months at the hospital?
pardon my not knowing, but Claire doesn't have to stay that long, right?
i hope we'll see Lorenz, Astrid, Philippe, Mathilde & their respective childrens visit the newborn twins...
a very Happy day for belgians!

Emilia said:
Both baby boy's are doing well , they will have to stay in the hospital for 3-6 weeks ( as is normal for twins )

How long will Claire be in the hospital for? I can't imagine that with little Louise at home she would also stay in the hospital for 3-6 weeks with her newborn sons.

Too bad the little boys will spend their first Christmas in the hospital. I'm sure that Laurent, Claire, and the rest of their families will make it festive for them however!

purple_platinum said:
huh? 3-6 weeks, that means 1 - 1 1/2 months at the hospital?
pardon my not knowing, but Claire doesn't have to stay that long, right?
i hope we'll see Lorenz, Astrid, Philippe, Mathilde & their respective childrens visit the newborn twins...
a very Happy day for belgians!

that seems like a very long time to be in the hospital. it doesnt seem that most twins stay in the hospital that long after birth.

eeeeeeven if nicolas aint one of the names i gotta say i totally love that name (or well i prefer the spelling Nicholas..)

anyways *waits patiently for the pressconference*

pollyemma said:
that seems like a very long time to be in the hospital. it doesnt seem that most twins stay in the hospital that long after birth.

I agree. The birth weight seems to be so good, that they should be able only to be in these warm little beds (what´s the term? I don´t mean incubators). 4-6 weeks seem very long. Dealing a bit with twins (out of interest and because of commoness in my family) I know that 2-3 weeks are much more common for twins/triplets with around 2000 grammes +
But in the case of Royals a lot of doctors seem to be more carefully...besides we don´t know, how the twins really are.

I worked for 4 weeks at the maternity ward, and all I can say is, if the babies are in a good condition, don't have any pulmonary problems and are good eater they don't have to stay that long in the hospital. Maybe 2 weeks, just as Lena mentioned.

They boys are in incubator. In Belgium , when a baby weights less then 2 kg , there are premature. And just afther the birth , a baby can lose weight ( it's normal) , so I think they will have to spend a little while in the incubator , until they have a healthy weight .

The second baby weights already 2.21kg , but i think they consider him also as a premature because he is been born a month to early , and because he is a twin . But again , they said the boys were doing fine , so I think they just want to be sure...:)

About the weeks they will have to stay in hospital , Laurent said between 3 and 6 weeks . It depends on how they're doing . But i think it will be until begin january , ( their due date) , so 4 weeks . I don't think Claire will stay in the hospital . Most of the time the parents go home after a week , they can visit their baby's whenever they want .

I think we can expect a visit from Filip's and Astrid's family , Fabiola , and ofcourse Claire's family !

I would be very surprised if Claire has to stay that long -- I would think more likely a week. As far as the babies, my speculation is that, one, many newborns do lose some weight initially and these little guys don't have much to lose, two, it is winter with more respiratory illnesses and since lungs are one of the last things to develop these two might have a more fragile system the docs don't want to expose to viruses at this time of year, and, three, my guess is 3-6 weeks is longer than they think the babies need to be in but they don't want all of us worrying if they are there that long and beginning to ask questions. Just my opinion -- we'll see.....
I am thrilled they are here and that all are well - what a gift!

Prince Philip and family arrive 14 December 2005 at the Saint-Luc University Hospital near Brussels to visit Princess Claire of Belgium, the British-born wife of Prince Laurent, who gave birth to twin boys 13 December 2005, one month before term.

from getty and belga

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Pity there is already an Alexandre in the (extended) Belgian Royal Family, because then we could have had "Nicolas and Alexander". Has a ring to it? :)

Thank you fanletizia! I love the sweater!

The other babies?

LaMinka said:
Yeah 12-13 babys(as I know) has been born! Hashem(?), Leah Isadora, Alexia, Felicia, Emmanuel, Carlos, Sverre Magnus, Leonor, Baby Denmark, Maria Camilla(?) and Clairs twins.. It can be more babys but this what I can remember at the minute:eek:

Who are Maria Camilla, Felicia and Carlos?

pollyemma said:

Preemies usually stay in the hospital until their original due date. I would expect the twins to be released in January. Claire, of course, can probably go home in a few days, like with a normal birth

Empress said:
Who are Maria Camilla, Felicia and Carlos?

Felicia is the daughter of Prince Bernhard and Princess Marilene of the Netherlands. Carlos is the son of Princess Alexia of Greece. And I'm not sure, but I think Maria Camilla is the daughter of the Duke of Calabria (?)

Emilia said:
Albert and Paola already visited their new grandchildren yesterday evening .
They have now 11 grandchildren , 5 boys and 6 girls

I mean no offense Emilia, but it's actually the other way around: 6 boys and 5 girls.;) But who can keep track.:D

Thank you very much everyone for the pictures.:) I love Mathilde's sweater too Emily.

irishchic5 said:
Felicia is the daughter of Prince Bernhard and Princess Marilene of the Netherlands. Carlos is the son of Princess Alexia of Greece. And I'm not sure, but I think Maria Camilla is the daughter of the Duke of Calabria (?)

It's Maria Chiara, daughter of Charles and Camilla, dukes of Calabria :D

Felicia is the youngest daughter of Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene.

Mette2 said:
I mean no offense Emilia, but it's actually the other way around: 6 boys and 5 girls.;) But who can keep track.:D

Thank you very much everyone for the pictures.:) I love Mathilde's sweater too Emily.

Whoops ! yeah , I was a little confused:rolleyes: , there have always been more girls then boys , and now it's the other way !:)

mathilde looks so beautiful with that sweater . It's so nice they already go visiting the new family

Last edited:
I think Maria Camilla is the new daughter to Princess Tatiana of Litchenstien

Beck said:
I think Maria Camilla is the new daughter to Princess Tatiana of Litchenstien

It's Camilla, not Maria Camilla.
There must have a mix up between Maria Chiara and Camilla ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom