The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2018, 01:26 AM
Administrator

On May 3 Prince Laurent was the guest of honour at the launch of the campaign "I love my market" in Brussels, in support of the local markets and producers.

** rex gallery ** dnhet video: Le prince Laurent aime le marché (VIDEO) **

Old 05-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Laurent with the family at the Special Olympics Belgium today

https://www.instagram.com/p/BimU3bWD...by=placeroyale
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bimb9S8j...by=placeroyale
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bimyk65j...by=placeroyale

Old 05-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Majesty

Twins are visibly non-identical! Which one is which one?
Old 06-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Today, June 5, Prince Laurent attended the funeral of the two police officers who were shot dead in Liege last week:

** Pic ** msn.com video ** belga gallery **

** 7sur7.be: Le prince Laurent s'est rendu incognito aux funérailles des deux policières **
Old 06-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Twins are visibly non-identical! Which one is which one?

On this picture
the one on the left is Nicolas and the one in the middle one Aymeric. Or, the taller one with the rounder (and nowadays longer; more oval) face is Aymeric and the shorter one with slightly more angular features is Nicolas.

At least, that's what I always have thought it to be
Old 06-21-2018, 06:28 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Laurent is losing his marbles yet again. This time in an interview with Het Nieuwsblad, where he compares his situation with that of the victims of the holocaust.

In the interview he says that he had enough of the constant attacks that he faces. He says that he is being attacked solely because he is the son or brother of the king: "this has to stop".

He stated an ultimatum to the NV-A MP Peter Buysrogge. Buysrogge has until today to offer his apologies, otherwise the prince will sue him for slander. Last month the MP accused the prince of fraud. The prince says: "I don't deserve this. I am sick that after fifty years people describe me as evil".

He continues: "When such a thing happens to me, I often have to think about the Jews who were shot just because they were Jewish. How is it still possible in this world that people accuse somebody because he belongs to a group of people or family? It starts with bullying and ends in hatred."

And it get's worse: "Think about all those children that commit murder [M: in American schools]. Think about all the Jews that were killed. Think about every person that was killed because they belonged to a minority".

The prince says that he has been hindered by his background for years: "I have had problems at school because I was a member of the Royal Family. I never asked for it, never." He also says that he has had a lot of bad experiences: "People on the street sometimes tell me that I am stealing from the state. That is an image that sticks to me. I have often asked politicians, also of the Vlaams Belang (M: Flemish fascist party) why they paint me so negatively, without knowing me. They tell me that they think that I am sympathetic but that my family is not."

Original article (behind paywall):
https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180620_03572933

Verongelijkte prins Laurent vergelijkt zich met holocaustslachtoffer - Royalty Online

Tja… what to say. He is erratic and should be protected against himself. His poor-me remarks seem especially weltfremd. But he is not completely wrong. His last remarks have a point: he is the weakest link of the family and therefor an easy target for the press and politicians who want to harm the family.

If anything I feel sorry for him. Considering the complete lack of self reflection I am not sure if he is on the road to recovery from his depression.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Prince Laurent is losing his marbles yet again. This time in an interview with Het Nieuwsblad, where he compares his situation with that of the victims of the holocaust.

In the interview he says that he had enough of the constant attacks that he faces. He says that he is being attacked solely because he is the son or brother of the king: "this has to stop".

He stated an ultimatum to the NV-A MP Peter Buysrogge. Buysrogge has until today to offer his apologies, otherwise the prince will sue him for slander. Last month the MP accused the prince of fraud. The prince says: "I don't deserve this. I am sick that after fifty years people describe me as evil".

He continues: "When such a thing happens to me, I often have to think about the Jews who were shot just because they were Jewish. How is it still possible in this world that people accuse somebody because he belongs to a group of people or family? It starts with bullying and ends in hatred."

And it get's worse: "Think about all those children that commit murder [M: in American schools]. Think about all the Jews that were killed. Think about every person that was killed because they belonged to a minority".

The prince says that he has been hindered by his background for years: "I have had problems at school because I was a member of the Royal Family. I never asked for it, never." He also says that he has had a lot of bad experiences: "People on the street sometimes tell me that I am stealing from the state. That is an image that sticks to me. I have often asked politicians, also of the Vlaams Belang (M: Flemish fascist party) why they paint me so negatively, without knowing me. They tell me that they think that I am sympathetic but that my family is not."

Original article (behind paywall):
https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180620_03572933

Verongelijkte prins Laurent vergelijkt zich met holocaustslachtoffer - Royalty Online

Tja… what to say. He is erratic and should be protected against himself. His poor-me remarks seem especially weltfremd. But he is not completely wrong. His last remarks have a point: he is the weakest link of the family and therefor an easy target for the press and politicians who want to harm the family.

If anything I feel sorry for him. Considering the complete lack of self reflection I am not sure if he is on the road to recovery from his depression.
Comparing himself to victims of the Holocaust or victims of school shootings in the US is obviously completely out of line. Having said that, he has a point when he says that he is attacked by republicans and separatists because they want to attack the Royal Family as an institution and, within the Royal Family, Laurent is the weakest link or the easiest target. The thing is though that his vulnerability was caused by his own erratic behavior and unwise decisions in the past, so the prince himself is not totally without blame as he claims.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry but I have little sympathy for him he acts like a spoiled brat and this latest embarrassing self indulgent rant makes me think he has indeed lost the plot.

6th of April 1199,Death of Richard the Lionheart
Old 06-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

In the Netherlands we have a TV program in which a "rich" family "exchanges for a week with a" poor "family, maybe he can join in, but preferably for a month or longer.
Although I actually feel sorry then for his wife and children.

Then, against Laurent, I would say man grow up, become a grown adult.
Against the press and so on, I would say, ignore this man for at least a year.

Again, I pity his wife and children.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I want to feel sorry for Laurent, but his "woe is me" attitude is making it difficult for me especially now that he has made the utterly ridiculous comparison between himself and victims of the Holocaust and American school shootings. I guess he used extreme examples to emphasise a point, but it's still a ridiculous comparison - his situation is nowhere near as tragic as their situations were. Whilst I don't doubt that Laurent is struggling with this (a point which he has made very clear!), he is just "feeding the trolls" if he continues to make statements like this in public. The press will see him as a vulnerable target who is easy to get a reaction out of, and will most likely make even more frequent negative and sartorial articles about him. It's hard but it would be best for him not to read anything about him in the media.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Laurent appeals against his subsidy reduction (-48,000 euros). His lawyer make an announcement hours after King Philippe speech. But tomorrow Prince Laurent will be there and take part to the National Day celebrations.

"After careful consideration of the institutional and legal tangle of the situation, HRH Prince Laurent of Belgium has decided to make an appeal for annulment against the sanction imposed on him", says Laurent Arnauts, Prince Laurent's lawyer.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2018/07...hem-heeft-opg/
Old 07-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting timing... I am sure the king doesn't appreciate his brother bringing bad publicity the week he celebrates being on the throne for 5 years.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Laurent is another one of those with a "woe is me" outlook on life that makes it hard for me and others to sympathise with him.
I've got to wonder if he timed this purposefully so that it would coincide with national day and Philippe's regnal anniversary

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Laurent is another one of those with a "woe is me" outlook on life that makes it hard for me and others to sympathise with him.
I've got to wonder if he timed this purposefully so that it would coincide with national day and Philippe's regnal anniversary

Of course !
Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

One hour film on RTL about Prince Laurent.
As he had to learn Dutch , he went to Zevekerke in Flanders. He left the school and was seen alone on the road wanting to go home. In his School in Antwerpen he wanted to be known as Laurent de Belgique instead as Laurent of Belgie

How is he a changing man. He has unexpected attitudes from charming to naughty.

This will happen during all his life ex. his annoucement yesterday !
Old 08-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Nobility

Prince Laurent will be guest speaker at SpeakersGent. A platform where every Gentenaar can come and say his thoughts. Every first Sunday of the month on Sunday 2 September.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Prince Laurent attended the event today and talked about the Prince Laurent Foundation that had been "able to help more than 300,000 people with animals since it was established":

** Pic ** belga gallery **

** metrotime.be: “Stichting heeft al meer dan 300.000 mensen met dieren kunnen helpen” ** translation **

Old 09-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Majesty

This is a wonderful and worthwhile cause. I wish it got more attention in the press!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-05-2018, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Today, September 5, Prince Laurent attended the presentation of the "Qooder", a new four wheel motor bike, in Brussels:

** belga gallery **

** nieuwsblad.be: Prins Laurent ontvangt sleutels van nieuwe motor: “Ik kan niet meer zonder” ** translation **
Old 09-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Today, September 5, Prince Laurent attended the presentation of the "Qooder", a new four wheel motor bike, in Brussels:

** belga gallery **
Wow, he looks EXACTLY like his father in THIS picture, the same downturn expression, same face structure

Tags
prince aymeric, prince laurent, prince nicholas, princess claire, princess louise