Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 5; Jan 2014 - Dec 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but the agenda in the official page does not think that mentions Laurent and Claire. Thanks for correction.

:previous:

I would say that the younger siblings themselves will expected to get a job. Jut as Astrid's children are doing. Astrid an Laurent are for now the only European royal siblings that receive a dotation. I am sure that the court will find some sort of arrangement with the younger children of the king, as is done in all other courts.
In the mean time it seems that the Belgians are getting tired of Laurents antics. He used to be fairly popular, despite the dramas. Even last year he was the 3r most popular member of the RF (after Mathilde and Albert). But the financial mess seemed to have changed things. In a poll conducted on Flemish people he only scored a 4.4 out of 10. ... [snipped]
Thanks for additional information! :flowers:
Prince Laurent has exhausted the public sympathy. Given the current situation in Europe, Belgians are not in the mood for never-ending drama.

Prince Laurent is ill.
He will not attend the King's Feast to-morrow.

That is his own version at least. He said that he does not attend for medical reasons. The respectable Standaard newspaper actually thinks that he is on some sort of strike.

Yesterday, December 17, Prince Laurent attended the award ceremony for the National Trophy of Sports Merit at Brussels City Hall:

** belga gallery **

Prince Laurent together with Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel opened the 94th edition of the European Motor Show Brussels at Brussels Expo today, January 13:

** belga gallery ** msn.com video **

The article gives a good overview of Laurent's most recent troubles, though they didn't even list all of them.

The article claims the following, which I can not remember:

A few years ago, his spending became so lavish that Princess Claire was asked to dip into her savings.

An article from HLN: Laurent reageert bits op "demagogische" vraag over terugbetaling 16.000 euro - HLN.be

At the event the tv-journalist Kenneth Dée asked the prince if it was true that he had to refund 16.000 euros to the state. Laurent replied 'I don't think you can ask such a question for demagogic reasons'.

The article also states that the king was pressured by PM Michel to correct prince Laurent and ask him to refund the 16.000 euros.

An article from HLN: Laurent reageert bits op "demagogische" vraag over terugbetaling 16.000 euro - HLN.be

At the event the tv-journalist Kenneth Dée asked the prince if it was true that he had to refund 16.000 euros to the state. Laurent replied 'I don't think you can ask such a question for demagogic reasons'.
He could have visited the motor show as private person without seeking publicity. Would have been more relaxing for his son too I guess. Instead he called the press to get some good PR and then bitches at the journalist who does his work and asks a valid question. Go figure. :whistling:

The article also states that the king was pressured by PM Michel to correct prince Laurent and ask him to refund the 16.000 euros.
You probably read too quickly. The article says something different: Laurent corrected his mistake by paying the money back, particularly because he was pressured by the PM. Philippe was only mentioned as brother of Laurent.

Prince Laurent made a second visit to the European Motor Show in Brussels yesterday, January 20, this time together with Prince Aymeric, who seemed pretty excited and interested :)

** belga gallery ** gettyimages ** facetoface gallery **

** deredactie.be video: Zoontje prins Laurent krijgt deskundig autoles **

Aymeric seems to be such a sweet boy, he seems really interested in mechanics and cars, had a blast there

Another video:

https://www.facebook.com/PlaceRoyale/videos/vb.313749967160/10153185807807161

In my opinion, he and his cousin Gabriel are going to be huge heartbreakers when they get older, two of the most handsome little princes of Europe :p

You may be right with that..;)

Today, February 1, Prince Laurent visited the pupils of the 'Sint-Paulusschool' school in Kortrijk, who are staying at the 'Chateau d'Insegotte' castle in Filot, Hamoir:

** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

The Hemptinne Centre, a residential service for severely mentally disabled adults in Jauche had special visitors yesterday, February 2. Prince Laurent and Princess Claire visited the centre to highlight the centre's need of 3 million Euros for renovations and maintenance.

** tvcom.be video ** lavenir.net **

Last Saturday, February 6, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the 6th ceremony of the Magritte cinema awards in Brussels:

** Pic ** pp gallery **

Louise, Nicolas and Aymeric celebrated carnival in the streets and at the town hall of Binche with their parents on February 9.

The Binche Carnival tradition is one of the most ancient and representative of Wallonia and inscribed in 2008 on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.

** Pic ** lavenir.net gallery ** belga gallery ** deredactie.be video **

Laurent is suddenly very active again, wonder what went down for that "change" of heart :rolleyes:

Whatever it was, it's good to see..;)

On February 6 Prince Laurent and Princess Louise were invited to a concert by the Jeunesses Musicales de Bruxelles at the Palais des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles. They presented Petrushka with music composed by Igor Stravinsky.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery: Jeunesses Musicales de Bruxelles **

Laurent is suddenly very active again, wonder what went down for that "change" of heart :rolleyes:

He had to return funds because of "wrong" declarations and possibly feels he has to "deliver" for his state allowance?

:lol:

"...But it's true that sometimes I get a little tired of it," he told the class, Belgian broadcaster RTL reports.

"You do not learn to become a prince, it's something that you must feel," Prince Laurent said.

Another student asked him about his relationship with his elder brother, the king.

"We are brothers and we are very different," the Prince responded. "I do not see him as a king but as he was before."
Read more: Belgium's Prince Laurent Says: 'I'm Tired of Being a Prince' : People.com

Wow that man is a real winner. I am sure if he is so tired of being a prince, the people of Belgium would accept his retirement, you know if he gives up his generous stipend they supply him with.:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom