The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I don't like to pass judgement from afar, but, SERIOUSLY, if my son were in the hospital - in an Intensive Care Unit no less, nothing would not be able to keep me away. The one thing that has crossed my mind is maybe Prince Laurent and Princess Claire do not want his parents there. It could be their presence would be a negative experience for him and would hinder his healing. It's just a thought.

anyway, this tells us a lot - and once more - about the difficult relationships going on in this family.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

The papers say Princess Astrid has asked his great friend, Father Guy Gilbert to come and see him. They say he is still sleeping but breathes alone.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 AM
Courtier

According to le soir.be prince Laurent is getting better and he's supposed to slowly get out from coma.
Laurent va être progressivement sorti du coma | Belgique - lesoir.be
Old 03-27-2014, 06:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the news on RTL yesterday evening :
First thread : Prince Laurent
Second thread Visit of President Obama !
Old 03-27-2014, 06:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
anyway, this tells us a lot - and once more - about the difficult relationships going on in this family.
I agree, the relationships between the members of the family seem uneasy. Princess Astrid asks Père Gilbert to visit him but we haven't heard that she herself has visited him.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
King Albert II and Queen Paola , his parents are staying at their holiday place !
Where are they on holidays?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
I agree, the relationships between the members of the family seem uneasy. Princess Astrid asks Père Gilbert to visit him but we haven't heard that she herself has visited him.
Too much visits are not wished by the medical team in intensive care, especially when the patient is heavily sedated and needs quiet to recover.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

maria olivia said in another thread that king Albert II may be undergoing a medical treatment abroad as wel. I suppose that explains the absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria olivia
In the news on RTL yesterday evening :
First thread : Prince Laurent
Second thread Visit of President Obama !
It has been on the Dutch tv news for days as well.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
maria olivia said in another thread that king Albert II may be undergoing a medical treatment abroad as wel. I suppose that explains the absence.
That would make more sense I guess,wonder if its true?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Laurent out of medically-induced coma
Prince Laurent of Belgium is out of his medically-induced coma - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Pere Gilbert has visited Laurent earlier today and told a journalist that Laurent already opened his eyes. Claire and the children were there. Laurent seems to respond well to the antibiotics and is getting better. So that's really good news.

And this afternoon Philippe paid another visit to his brother.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
That would make more sense I guess,wonder if its true?
But isn't this just a guess here? There was no mention of this in the press and we got some pics of Albert and Paola on vacation in Bologna not long ago. It was also mentioned that Paola is in Italy to organize Amedeo's wedding.
I can see why many here have troubles to understand why Albert and Paola are not at Laurent's bedside but their behaviour is not new imo. It has been like this since years already. Remember king's day last November when Albert, Paola and Astrid didn't bother to greet Laurent. They completely ignored him. The same with Louise's First Communion, Albert and Paola were there at the church but didn't even look at Laurent. There were newspaper reports how distressed Laurent was. And whenever he was in troubles lately he was accompanied by Mimi Solvay, who is sort of a foster mom to him. Albert was also abroad when Laurent had to testify in the fraud trial against his former mentor Vaessen. Not to mention that Albert has cut Delphine Boel out of his life and has never met his 2 grandchildren. I'm not surprised by their behaviour. I guess they are concerned but think their presence is not needed and contact with Claire is enough. And I think that at this point a visit would be too distressing for Laurent. That's just my guess and my view on this situation though.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Pere Gilbert can go from Paris to Brussels to visit Laurent but his own parents can't interrupt their trip...
Ok ¬¬
And Philippe keeps visiting his brother even if he's in the middle of a very tight agenda.
This speaks volumes about someone's quality as a person.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am glad that he is doing better! Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Pictures of Filip and Astrid arriving in the same car. According to Gilbert they were also present when he opened his eyes, and he recognised all around him.

Koning Filip en prinses Astrid op bezoek bij Laurent - HLN.be
Old 03-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Pere Gilbert can go from Paris to Brussels to visit Laurent but his own parents can't interrupt their trip...
Ok ¬¬
And Philippe keeps visiting his brother even if he's in the middle of a very tight agenda.
This speaks volumes about someone's quality as a person.
Maybe Albert and Paula themselves is the reason why Laurent is ill after all these years of emotional abuse.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Forgive my ignorance, but could someone please explain the cause of this alledged strain in the family?

His commitment to hospital and artificially induced coma has been well covered here in DK as well, where Prince Laurant is virtually unknown.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I wish Prince Laurent a speedy recovery. It's good to know that he has woken from his artificial coma.

I think pneumonia, and any illness, is very serious if you haven't had the injection for it - I'm younger than Laurent and I didn't have the injection as a newborn (in my country they've only just introduced it) and therefore caught pneumonia as a young child and had to be hospitalized twice, with many needles in my hands and feet. (I'm guessing that Laurent hasn't had the injection for pneumonia, not sure when it was introduced in Belgium.)

I have to say that I am a little disappointed in Albert and Paola for not visiting their son. He has been in an artificial coma and they think their holidays are more important?
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are rumours (only rumours I must say) that Albert and Paola are abroad for a medical reason too.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have absolutely no knowledge of this family's dynamics but from what I've read here, that over the past, the relationship between Laurent and Albert and Paolo has been seen to be one of stress. If they had to put Laurent into a medically induced coma so the body could rest and recoup, it would make sense to me also that they would want to remove and prevent anything that could cause stress. The man is seriously ill and most likely visitors are the last thing he needs right now.

With this in mind, its very possible that Albert and Paolo haven't visited because they've been asked not to at this time.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am glad that he is doing better! Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Pictures of Filip and Astrid arriving in the same car. According to Gilbert they were also present when he opened his eyes, and he recognised all around him.

Koning Filip en prinses Astrid op bezoek bij Laurent - HLN.be
Yes it is good news,nice to see the siblings visit.Has Princess Claire paid a visit? I might have missed that.

Tags
health, health problems, hospital, prince laurent