Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 6; Dec 2016 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 6; Dec 2016 - Aug 2023

150px-Belgium_coa.png

Welcome to the 6th thread for Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family's News and Events. You can find the previous thread here.

Please post current news and pictures only of Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Family in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
That is a wise decision we will not see his boring face at a Christmas Concert.

I really don't undestand Princess Claire's attitude.

When Queen Fabiola was alive they all attend the Christmas Concert at the Royal Palace.

HRH Prince Laurent has to explain his attitude to The Prime Minister Charles Michel and Minister of Foreign Affairs Didier Reynders.
Speech of the Prime Minister to day at the Parliament.

"The Prime Minister Charles Michel is not at all happy with the Prince’s rant. Not least because he told Foreign Minister Didier Reynders (Francophone liberal) to bring the Prince to book after it emerged that he had had talks with the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka.

This will be the first time that the Prince Laurent will be carpeted by the Prime Minister.

Speaking during question time in the Chamber of Representatives, Mr Michel said "In my eyes his words were completely inappropriate. As a member of the royal family the law states that he should show reserve when making public statements. Of course I also ask him to respect parliament."

PM to carpet Prince Laurent

According to Het Nieuwsblad, prince Laurent uses his new twitter account to highlight the events he visits. Apparently the agenda and social media of the royal palace does not cover them, which leaves the impression that he does not attend anything at all.

The palace website shows zero events after July 21st, while his own account shows seven of them. That is why last year there was a large difference in the official amount of public duties, as listed by the palace (36) and as listed by himself (69).

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2016/09/laurent-doet-het-voortaan-wel-zelf.html

After Prince Laurent created the Twitter account, the palace retroactively added some events.

Laurent plots erg actief volgens Paleis - Het Nieuwsblad

Imo it's very much "Laurent" to accept an invitation to open an exhibition of belgian ornitologists, then telling his hosts he doesn't like birds in cages (which is basically the big part of the expo) and then accepts to become an honorary member of the organisation :lol:

He probably is interested in birds, but doesn't have the usual sensitivty most royals learn during their life to not always have to speak their own mind...

Okay it seem like a stupid comment to make, abd so like Laurent :ermm:

But good thing about the association, unlike the expo, it's not about caged birds. It us about bird watching and appreciation. And as unthought out as his comments were Laurent seems to enjoy birds. Now if this was the national association of bird owners, it would be a bit more hypocritical for him to join.

Bravo Prince Laurent, you have a big heart and it was nice that P Claire and the children were with you

Prince Laurent and his family visit a shelter for the homeless and their dogs

Video

La Fondation prince Laurent a ouvert un abri de nuit pour les SDF avec leurs chiens

I agree with melinapremiere...I am so impressed that Laurent-who gets so much bad publicity, took the time to visit these unfortunate people and their pets at a homeless shelter. I am even more impressed that the shelter allows the homeless to keep their pet friends with them, which isn't the case much of the time.

BRAVO LAURENT! He has a big heart, imo.

I congratulate Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and their children for being so compassionate with homeless people and their dogs.

Great to see them visiting the shelter and meeting Ruth the homeless and pets. Nice yo see a shelter that allows pets.

I also like that they brought the kids. It's good exposure for them. :flowers:

It's a pleasure for me to see Prince Laurent and his son.

Me too, it is a pleasure to see Prince Laurent and his son at a public event

On January 27 Prince Laurent and Princess Claire visited the exhibition "Piliers Sacrés" of Maud Deschamps at La Chapelle de Boondael:

** Pic **

As in previous years Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended this year's 7th edition of the Magritte du Cinema awards ceremony in Brussels yesterday, February 4. The awards are rewarded to movies of Belgian French-speaking producers.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Here our lovely Princess Claire .
Never when the King and the Queen are there and even the former Monarchs(King's Feast)

Here our lovely Princess Claire .
Never when the King and the Queen are there and even the former Monarchs(King's Feast)

She wants her own dotation and that's simply not possible, so she's doing like her husband and boycotting the acts with P&M.

I've always liked Claire but it seems like she and Laurent deserve each other, both terribly selfish people who want everything but nothing to give in return :bang:

On February 2 Prince Laurent attended the 10th edition of the Music Industry Awards in Brussels and handed out the prize for the best Dutch-language act.
Laurent accidently gave the band a slightly different name and got a "Vive le roi" (Long live the King) back ;)

** Pic ** vtm. be video **

Leidl, Prince Laurent had to go to the Prime Minister. He was told that is was the very last time for him to go abroad for official reasons wthout informing the Governement.

On February 2 Prince Laurent attended the 10th edition of the Music Industry Awards in Brussels and handed out the prize for the best Dutch-language act.
Laurent accidently gave the band a slightly different name and got a "Vive le roi" (Long live the King) back ;)

** Pic ** vtm. be video **

:lol: he probably "loved" that :cool:

As in previous years Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended this year's 7th edition of the Magritte du Cinema awards ceremony in Brussels yesterday, February 4. The awards are rewarded to movies of Belgian French-speaking producers.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

He looks awful here. He needs to start exercising. It would do wonders for his health physically and emotionally. He also needs to take more pride in his looks and put himself together more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom