Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 5; Jan 2014 - Dec 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

According to Het Nieuwsblad, prince Laurent uses his new twitter account to highlight the events he visits. Apparently the agenda and social media of the royal palace does not cover them, which leaves the impression that he does not attend anything at all.

The palace website shows zero events after July 21st, while his own account shows seven of them. That is why last year there was a large difference in the official amount of public duties, as listed by the palace (36) and as listed by himself (69).

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2016/09/laurent-doet-het-voortaan-wel-zelf.html

Last edited:
:previous:

According to Het Nieuwsblad, prince Laurent uses his new twitter account to highlight the events he visits. Apparently the agenda and social media of the royal palace does not cover them, which leaves the impression that he does not attend anything at all.

The palace ebsite shows zero events after July 21st, while his own account shows seven of them. That is why last year there was a large difference in the official amount of public duties, as listed by the palace (36) and as listed by himself (69).

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2016/09/laurent-doet-het-voortaan-wel-zelf.html

The Belgian Royal Court is known to be, let's say "disorganized", so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't keep track of all events attended by members of the Royal Family.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me either if Laurent counted a few private events as public engagements on his twitter account.

I don't know what happened, but an independant royal agenda and an independant way of communicating seems messy at the very least. The Dutch court does the same though, not everything for Constantijn and Laurentien is listed either. I have do not know the reason, if it is considered a private hobby or because they want to focus on the core group.

King Filip has professionalized the court greatly these last years, but obviously not the entire family is happy with all changes. The press is writing about trouble between Filip and his parents, between Filip and Astrid and between Filip and Laurent. But then, this is a tradition with the Belgian Coburgs.

Last edited:
Prince Laurent is a prince of the royal family, he is working for the crown , i don't understand why the court doest not publish his work on the agenda

The last time of the whole gathering of the Royal Family was Queen Fabiola's Funerals.

No show up at our National Day, or Prince Laurent's attitude were Childish.

Marengo , this is not a tradition with the Belgian Cobourgs. It is alas worse.

It can't be much worse than between Leopold II and his daughters, maria-olivia ;). At least everybody is keeping their mouths shut for now, which is good.

yes I agree, but it is sad !
I just saw pictures of your Royals to day on the balcony . You are lucky !

It is sad indeed; what I find odd is that while Laurent's activities are no longer listed after 21 July, Princess Astrid's activities (and Prince Lorenz's too) instead are listed.
The mess within the Belgian Court will never end, won't it?

We know thay we will never see King Albert Ii to-gether with his Son King Philippe but only for family events. (weddings, funerals)
They are paid for doing their job of Prince and Princess of the Belgians and no show up and Belgians National Day (21/7) is Sad and inadmissible.

Prince Laurent's real estate companies recorded a loss of 3.6 million euros last year, half of the market value of the holdings.

Prins Laurent dieper in het rood (maar de bankiers zijn geduldig) - De Rijkste Belgen

The palace website shows zero events after July 21st, while his own account shows seven of them. That is why last year there was a large difference in the official amount of public duties, as listed by the palace (36) and as listed by himself (69).

It is sad indeed; what I find odd is that while Laurent's activities are no longer listed after 21 July, Princess Astrid's activities (and Prince Lorenz's too) instead are listed.
The mess within the Belgian Court will never end, won't it?

Laurent toont op Twitter "hoe hard hij werkt" - Het Nieuwsblad

How often does the palace not list the events attended by the king and queen or by Princess Astrid?

It is therefore he works ... attending an Event more or less once a week.

Prince Laurent shared two photos of the Prince Laurent Foundation Gala on September 27. Princess Claire was present as well and looked lovely in a glittering dress (from what can be seen ;)):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On October 12 Prince Laurent attended the charity cooking contest "EU 4 AMATRICE" Coking contest ("the best Matriciana sauce, in favour of the 24th August, Amatrice Earthquake in Italy") at a wine bar in Brussels:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, October 15, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the preview of the Natan exhibition at the Modemuseum of the Province of Antwerp:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Monseigneur, Your Skirts are too narrow...
Sad you don't have the King's and Prins Loreznz Taylor, but perhaps they are too expensive for your poor budget.

On October 27 Prince Laurent attended the 15th anniversary celebration of AVOCATS.BE in Brussels. The French-and German-speaking Belgian Bar Association (AVOCATS.BE) is the organization that brings together all the French and German-speaking lawyers of the country.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire visited the Antica Namur Arts and Antiques Show in Namur on November 9:

** Pic **

On November 18 Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended a performance of Véronique Gallo's show organized by and for the benefit of the association Maison d'Enfants Queen Marie-Henriette at the Auditorium of AXA Belgium in Brussels.

** Pic **

And on November 20 Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and their children attended a concert of the Choir Ensemble Royal Chantilly and the children choir Rainbow on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Choir Ensemble Royal Chantilly. The concert took place in the church of Notre Dame des Affligés in Tilly.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:ohmy: I can't believe that he's done this again!

Prince Laurent had a meeting with the prime minister of Sri Lanka. The meeting was not approved by the government, as he did not inform them.This was confirmed by minister Didier Reynders. Some parlementarians now claim that the state should stop the dotation to Laurent.

"Trek zijn dotatie in": Laurent opnieuw kop van Jut na onderhoud met buitenlandse politicus - HLN.be

Can someone elaborate more on this story please?
Did Laurent lie about representing Belgium in arranging a meeting the Sri Lankan PM?
I find it hard to believe a Prime minister would randomly meet Laurent if he didn't have credentials or was justifiably invited to meet with the Prime Minister.

Prince Laurent had to ask the Prime Minister if he could accept the Sri Lanka Invitation.
The Prime Minister said on TV , I would have said Yes you may go.

Last edited:

Yesterday, December 6, Prince Laurent attended the seminar '30 years of animal welfare in Belgium' at the Senate in Brussels:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom