Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 5; Jan 2014 - Dec 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, here we go again! I'm surprised Philippe hasn't told Laurent he can keep his stipend if he keeps his large size 9 mouth shut forever!

I think it is all the translation IMO he was saying his life isn't perfect and it too has it's problems.. no harm in that is there .. have I missed something?

He did say he appreciates being able to work with charities so that's a positive.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever Philippe or Laurent are asked about the other, they ALWAYS stress that they are brothers no matter what.

Their relationship is incredibly complicated but I believe that when push comes to shove, when something big happens, they are on the same side.

Last edited:
I think it is all the translation IMO he was saying his life isn't perfect and it too has it's problems.. no harm in that is there .. have I missed something?

I admit this is what I felt when I read the article. Of all the things L has said in public, this seems fairly innocuous.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever Philippe or Laurent are asked about the other, they ALWAYS stress that they are brothers no matter what.

Their relationship is incredibly complicated but I believe that when push comes to shove, when something big happens, they are on the same side.

Totally agreed!

At this point I'd be curious to see what he exactly said in the original language, but even translated in English it doesn't seem to me that he said anything too terrible. On the contrary I think he has expressed quite an understandable feeling - being a royal means that you have to find your own way within strict bonds, that you have huge opportunities but at the same time you are under heavy pressures and constant scrutiny.

That said, I think that the title of the article - "Belgium's Prince Laurent Says: 'I'm Tired of Being a Prince'" - is quite misleading.

One of the few engagements the Princess personally has during the year ....

I know its a translation thing but when I read 'nursery for seniors' :lol:

Nice to see Laurent out supporting a great cause. These senior programs are a good opportunity to retired people to get out and socialize more. Can see how important places like this are.

:previous:

In this case it's not only the usual translation thing ;) The article indeed said "crèche" that can be translated by "nursery", that's why they put it into quotation marks..So at least for once it's not Google's fault..;)

Last Monday, May 23, Prince Laurent attended the opening of the expansion of the small pets department of the Ghent University:

** belga gallery ** nieuwsblad.be gallery **

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire made a visit to Logis de Louvranges in Wavre yesterday, June 24. Logis de Louvranges is an initiative of Caritas International and supports women who are alone or with children in their asylum procedure.

** Pic **

Prince Laurent as FAO Special Ambassador for Forests and the Environment spoke during the opening ceremony of the Committee on Forestry COFO23 and 5th World Forest Week (WFW) at the FAO Headquarters in Rome yesterday, July 18:

** Pic ** source **

Radio station 'Studio Brussel' called with prince Laurent. They had judo player Dirk van Tichelt in their studio, who won a bronze medal in the Rio Olympics. Van Tichelt claimed that he was disappointed that the palace did not congratulate him yet with his medal.

The radio host thought it was a great idea to not call the palace but prince Laurent. After they first got the voice mail of Villa Clémentine, with the second try Prince Laurent actually answered the phone.

The surprised prince wondered why they called him, after which Van Tichelt explained the 'issue'. The prince sensibly asked him to call him the next day (without the radio I suppose) and asked him to text his coordinates so they could arrange a personal meeting.

Teleurgestelde Dirk Van Tichelt belt prins Laurent - HLN.be

Prince Laurent wants to retrieve 45 million Euros from the Libyan government, money which he (his company?) once invested in a forestation project which never materialized. He has petitioned to confisquate the Airbus of the late colonel Khadaffi which is stored in Paris. Experts claim it is unlikely he will retrieve his money.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1308/Prins...ent-wil-45-miljoen-euro-terug-van-Libie.dhtml

Last edited:
Always alone.
No official Duty for Princess Claire ! (comparing Princess Laurentien)
They send often Princess Lea , a minor Royal who likes that very much.

Yes, I would like to see P Claire, I appreciated her a lot, I read that P Astrid complainted that she had almost no more work.
It is a shame we could not see these two princesses, they were very present at the times of King Albert.

I amhappy to see princess Claire

I think we may stop to interpret when a princess is not smiling

On September 17 Prince Laurent attended the 2016 NATO Memorial Ceremony in Fréthun, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom