Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 5; Jan 2014 - Dec 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Claire, representing Queen Paola, attended the award ceremony of Terre d'Avenir at the Palais des Academies in Brussels on October 8. The Terre d'Avenir (Earth Award) is presented by the Queen Paola Foundation in collaboration with the Dirk Frimout Foundation and aims to encourage technical, professional, artistic and specialized education and training centres. 17 prizes were awarded to pupils and schools.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Laurent, representing King Philippe, attended the Open Days organized to mark the 50th anniversary of the Institute for Space Aeronomy Belgium (IASB) in Uccle yesterday, October 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Woah, Laurent is everywhere these days: military, cultural, environmental acts
So far he has done everything right, I guess Philippe's confidence in him has made Laurent act like a real prince.

So far he has done everything right, I guess Philippe's confidence in him has made Laurent act like a real prince.

Fair point. Also, I guess there are not that many other members of the family that can support the King and Queen in their duties these days.

Why was Queen Paola not there for her own Foundation ?
Answer of VTM , King Albert II and Queen Paola definitely show they have nothing to do anymore in Belgium.

Fair point. Also, I guess there are not that many other members of the family that can support the King and Queen in their duties these days.

I think everyone was waiting for Astrid to have more acts than Laurent :p

:previous:

Yes, that is strange...that Astrid is not playing a bigger role. Does anyone know why this would be? It was assumed that when Phillipe became king, she would step up as well. Especially since Laurent seemed unwilling/unable to support the new king, because of his difficult life.

I completely agree. One of the best things about Philippe becoming king is that everyone who made fun of him, questioned his intelligence and questioned his ability while he was Duc de Brabant is looking rather foolish now.
I love it.;)

I completely agree. One of the best things about Philippe becoming king is that everyone who made fun of him, questioned his intelligence and questioned his ability while he was Duc de Brabant is looking rather foolish now.
I love it.;)

I completely agree. King Philippe does exactly what his brother needed to regain self-estim. He trusts him a lot and prince Laurent seems to repay him well while representing him. Well done.

I love it.;)

Exactly, he's proven himself not only to be a capable King but also a caring human being that tries to manage his family as well as he can :flowers:

I completely agree. King Philippe does exactly what his brother needed to regain self-estim. He trusts him a lot and prince Laurent seems to repay him well while representing him. Well done.

yep, i agree too, i know we don't do this, but otherwise K.Philippe for me would be a clear nomination for King-of-the-Year :flowers:

Prince Laurent is still good for some fun, after some questions of a young journalist about the movie. She tiold him that the director of the movie wanted to direct a movie with the prince. The prince reacted surprised: ' with me?' and added:' with you sweetheart' . He took her head in his hands, turned her face to some other people and exclaimed: ' isn't she a dear' to which he added: 'a pretty girl, no?' and walked away.

Prins Laurent over journaliste: "Is het geen schatje? Schoon meisje hé" - HLN.be

Good old Laurent, I hope he will never change;).

Prince Laurent attended the presentation of new 'The Cartoonists' books as part of the release of the documentary film 'Caricaturistes - fantassins de la democratie' in Brussels on October 31:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Prince Laurent gave the start of the Madison race during the second day of the Zesdaagse Vlaanderen-Gent six-day indoor cycling race at the indoor cycling arena 'Het Kuipke' in Gent this evening, November 19:

** belga gallery **

Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and the kids attended a special show of the Bouglione Circus organized in collaboration with the Prince and Princess Alexandre of Belgium Fund, a charity for the Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21) in Brussels today, November 28:

** belga gallery ** facetoface **

Last edited:
Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended a book presentation in Brussels by Pss Michael of Kent.
When the prince was standing by the drinks, Pss Michael called him and said: 'Laurent, look at it and pretend as if you are interested'.
In the defence of Laurent: he already had a copy ... :whistling: . But as Princess Michael pointed out, it was for the sake of the cameras, 'idiot'. Pss Claire was laughing nervously.

See clip:
Prinses tikt Laurent op de vingers | VTM

Poor Laurent ;).

Lastw eek the prince also attended the Fons Houtman awards. He told an anecdote about his daughter:

When Louise was still very young she was sleeping between Laurent and Claire. The moment the bedroom light went out, Louise put Laurent's hand on her chest. After that she put her mothers hand on top of that, and her own hand over that. It is a moment the prince will never forget in his life.

http://vtm.be/royalty/laurent-vertedert-met-speech-over-dochter

IMHO he is not a bad in speeches, it seems much more convincing than the improvised/spontanious talks, which are often akward.

Last edited:

Prince Laurent presented the National Trophy of Sports Merit to Daniel Van Buyten during the award ceremony of the National Trophy of Sports Merit 2014 at Brussels City Hall today, December 18:

** Pic ** nieuwsblad.be gallery ** belga gallery **

Laurent...:). He did lose quite some weight thelast years indeed.

^^^^

I think Laurent has been doing a quiet but great job with his foundation and causes, meeting Pere Gilbert definitely helped him "straighten" his life and then Claire came and he changed a lot for the best.

He's still the crazy one in the family but has definitely mellowed, specially since his brother is King, because Philippe actually does value him and trusts him with a lot of things, that has helped as well.

Does anyone know why he wears sunglasses so frequently - especially when indoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom