Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 5; Jan 2014 - Dec 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurent vervangt Filip op diens ‘rustige dag’ - Het Nieuwsblad

According to this article, Philippe took a day of "rest", hadn't been free for a while due to National Day and government formations and Laurent immediately stepped up and agreed to represent him.

Great to see how much trust there is between the brothers and the fact that Laurent now feels appreciated and has things to keep him occupied.

Last edited:
:previous: If this is true it is even nicer. King Philippe's obvious trust and reliance on Laurent seems to make them both seem more, in some real way, than they were a year ago. :flowers:

I didn't even recognize him at first! But it was good that he was there.

:lol: it's so good to see Laurent in good spirits, he is seemingly healthy again and looks happy

Nice positive interview . The Prince said he is still taking tablets that may explain He was sleeping during the royal Defile.
He said the best thing for me is to be active !
But what a nice father he is !

This is old news... very old. Ever since Wendy's son Clement was born there were rumours. Mostly based on the boy's name 'Clement' and the name of Laurent's villa, Villa Clementine. Thus far the news was never taken seriously.

The man who tells the story seems to be a rather awful person. He either:

a) lies
b) thinks he tells the truth

In the latter case that is a rather cruel thing to do too, as he confeses himself that the -underage- boy in question doesn't know about it. He must be teased at school for this now. What a dispicable man, toying with a teenager for some money.

www.hln.be/hln/nl/944/Celebrities/a...en-Ze-zei-dat-ze-een-prinsje-verwachtte.dhtml

Last edited:
I read it also in the Royal Musings and I don't understand how a clever an historian lady as Mrs Koening made an article about that without any official proves

Didn't Laurent submit to a DNA test back in the day to disprove these allegations? I remember something of the sort...

:previous: It could very well be that someone really does see there is money to be had with this story given Prince Laurent's higher royal profile.

Prince Laurent attended a ceremony to commemorate the liberation during World War II, and the inauguration of a British 'Cromwell' tank by the Antwerp Branch of The Royal British Legion in Antwerp today, September 7:

** belga gallery ** facetoface **

** rtl.be video: Le prince Laurent à Anvers pour la commémoration des 70 ans de sa libération **

** gva.be gallery: Prins Laurent en De Wever bij herdenking Bevrijding van Antwerpen **

** standaard.be gallery: IN BEELD. De Wever verbroedert met oudstrijders en prins Laurent **

Prince Laurent attended the opening of a retrospective exposition of Belgian painter and sculptor Constantin Meunier (1831-1905) at the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium in Brussels yesterday, September 19:

** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

Yesterday, September 26, Prince Laurent as Patron of Action Lienemientje together with Princess Claire attended the welcome ceremony for Jeannine Mottard, who undertook a sponsored journey by foot to benefit the non-profit organization Foundation for Cancer Kids and the Pediatric Section of the AZ Vesalius Tongeren hospital.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** hln.be: "Ze is een voorbeeld voor iedereen" ** translation **

** tongeren-vandaag.be: Prinsenpaar verwelkomt Jeannine Mottart ** translation **

** nieuwsblad.be: Ontspannen prins Laurent verwelkomt Jeannine Mottart ** translation **

Great to see Prince Laurent doing some representative work.

Laurent looks happy, well adjusted, he feels the confidence and the trust his brother has put on him and it reflects on his behavior.

:previous: I think you are right. It is lovely to see him blossom into a really reliable and relaxed right hand for his brother. It seems when Philippe drew his brother back into the limelight, Laurent has reciprocated and is proving a very versitile "second", particularly as regards the Arts.

:previous: I think you are right. It is lovely to see him blossom into a really reliable and relaxed right hand for his brother. It seems when Philippe drew his brother back into the limelight, Laurent has reciprocated and is proving a very versitile "second", particularly as regards the Arts.

My thoughts exactly, he was rebellious because he always felt underappreciated, as if he didn't count.

Now he's repaying his brother's faith on him by working a lot for the royal house :flowers:

Well... "a lot" is a bit too positive. It is also no question of "appreciation" or something. We also need to keep in our mind that Prince Laurent, just the 11th (!) in line of the succession, receives an annual dotation of € 233.000,-- (appr US $ 300,000.--) from the Belgian taxpayer.

Good relation or not, having appreciation or not, the guy has to do something to justify that lavish amount. There are plenty of Belgians whom have to work 40 hours per week of hard work for less than 1/8th of that amount... so appearing in public for a couple of minutes somewhere is not too much asked....

:flowers:

On October 4 Prince Laurent attended the International Panathlon symposium on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the declaration of Panathlon on the ethics of young athletes at the Town Hall of Ghent:

** hln.be: Ontspannen prins Laurent poseert gewillig voor foto's ** translation **

Also on October 4 Princess Claire was present at the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Cultural Center of Chaumont-Gistoux:

** lavenir.net: Chaumont-Gistoux : cinquante ans pour un centre culturel royal ** translation **

** sudinfo.be: Brabant wallon : Un anniversaire célébré avec la princesse Claire ** translation **

Well... "a lot" is a bit too positive. It is also no question of "appreciation" or something. We also need to keep in our mind that Prince Laurent, just the 11th (!) in line of the succession, receives an annual dotation of € 233.000,-- (appr US $ 300,000.--) from the Belgian taxpayer.

Good relation or not, having appreciation or not, the guy has to do something to justify that lavish amount. There are plenty of Belgians whom have to work 40 hours per week of hard work for less than 1/8th of that amount... so appearing in public for a couple of minutes somewhere is not too much asked....

:flowers:
Presumeably he was getting the same when his father was King. But I think it is important to look at the situation logically. The King has two adult siblings to share the load . . . the others are their children.

And as to how long it takes to do what is required, both preparation and presentation, I would love an accurate accounting and as you seem to have the inside track perhaps you would share that with us. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom