Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 5; Jan 2014 - Dec 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really think this, than I want you to be my employee!
Now seriously, why should they do the same work for less money? Especially when everything is more and more expensive? In the end they could do it for free, couldn´t they? They are absolutely right not to do it, it is very simple - less money, less representation.

I would gladly do it for an even lower dotation, believe me. They're not there for a divine right, in Belgium more than in any other monarchie in Europe (notice the king is King of the Belgians, not of Belgium). They serves Belgian people in the most complete way, because the belgian people keeps giving them the right to do so. Then if they don't want to do it anymore,they should just retire as private citizens, find a job and live out of their own work (just like Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands does).
Let's please not pretender they're not privileged people.

It all seems rather bizarre. The good thing is that the Belgians should be used to Laurent and his antics by now (and perhaps like him even more for it) so it won't hurt his brother's position.

Last edited:
The Palace has confirmed it wasn't Claire's : it is a fake !

Thanks Iceflower, if they deny in the morning Claire should have attended this Event.
How sad Laurent is looking specially in his friend antic gallery where he stayed 9 minutes.
This evening I will have a look at Royalty on VTM !

The Palace has confirmed it wasn't Claire's : it is a fake !

I thought so - it did look a bit suspicious, because wouldn't Claire's username be something along the lines of Princess Claire/Claire de Belgique/Claire van Belgie? The other royals who have Twitter use their royal names (e.g. Queen Rania - @raniaalabdullah and Princess Mabel - @mabelvanoranje) and not their maiden names. The Tweets also didn't sound like it was actually Claire Tweeting them.

According to Royal Musings, Laurent and Claire have commented on the marriage rumours. They said that they were "untruthful" and that "the press should respect their privacy":

Royal Musings: Prince Laurent and Princess Claire issue statement: reports about marital problems are "untruthful"

It all seems rather bizarre. The good thing is that the Belgians should be used to Laurent and his antics by now (and perhaps like him even more for it) so it won't hurt his brother's position.

It is and the absence of Princess Claire I guess is not helping the media rumours.

Yesterday evening, February 3rd, Prince Laurent attended the David Khayat Association 'AVEC' Gala Dinner in Versailles, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Maybe she is simply ill and he doesn't want to talk about it ....

Maybe she is simply ill and he doesn't want to talk about it ....

Or her parents could be seriously ill and they want to keep it private!

I think there is no rift in the Belgian Royal Family.

Prince Laurent attended the Belgian premiere of the Disney film 'Saving Mr Banks' in Brussels this evening, February 10, 2014.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Last sunday Princess Claire 's parents went with her 3 Children to the Church.
They are not ill .

:previous:

Here she is again :)

Today, February 11, Prince Laurent attended the opening of a renovated building of Renovassistance - Social Housing in Schaerbeek, Brussels and brought Princess Claire with him although she wasn't listed on the official appointment calendar.

** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

** nieuwsblad.be gallery: Laurent weer samen met Claire op stap **

** pp gallery: Laurent et Claire de Belgique : Enfin ensemble en 2014, après bien des rumeurs **

** lacapitale.be: Le prince Laurent inaugure un immeuble rénové à Schaerbeek... en présence de la princesse Claire! ** translation **

Last edited:
Quite happy and delighted, I love this couple !!!

I went quickly through the last pages of the threat but did not see any reference to Laurent's unfortunate declaration at the beginning of the year, concerning the fact that his income will now be submitted to taxation. His conclusion was that it will have consequences on the participation of Claire in public activities : Le prince Laurent: "Claire ne m'accompagne plus" - 7SUR7.be
It appears difficult to understand where is the beginning of this unfortunate chicken and egg story. However difficult to imagine that Claire had been consulted on the appropriateness or phrasing of the declaration, in my view. Once again he appears to be quite good at creating difficult situations. All the benefit of the sweet interview and birthday declaration has gone...

Let's hope they find once again the way to a reconciliation.

Claire was at the engagement celebration of Amadeo & Lilly, she seemed to have been warmly welcome by the family. I think there is no firm answer about the presence of Laurent : absent on the photo, expected later?! She seems to be such a nice person.

Well said Anne2 , but to day for the Mass for the deceased royals at the Church of Laeken Prince laurent alone again !

The Prince PAID.....But where is his smile .
But a lovely family and I hope at home he is in a better mood.

Thanks for the photos iceflower. I find nice how they took the children to the book fair, it looked like they were enjoying themselves.

The Prince PAID.....But where is his smile .
But a lovely family and I hope at home he is in a better mood.

Ah, you remember the ice cream incident too :whistling:.

Nice to see the family together btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom