The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the celebrations of the 30th anniversary of the opening of the University Department of Paediatrics of the Centre Hospitalier Régional de la Citadelle Liège today, October 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** sudinfo.be gallery: Claire et Laurent à la Citadelle de Liège **

Old 10-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Princess Claire, representing Queen Paola, attended the award ceremony of Terre d'Avenir at the Palais des Academies in Brussels on October 8. The Terre d'Avenir (Earth Award) is presented by the Queen Paola Foundation in collaboration with the Dirk Frimout Foundation and aims to encourage technical, professional, artistic and specialized education and training centres. 17 prizes were awarded to pupils and schools.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Old 10-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Prince Laurent, representing King Philippe, attended the Open Days organized to mark the 50th anniversary of the Institute for Space Aeronomy Belgium (IASB) in Uccle yesterday, October 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, October 12, Prince Laurent attended a memorial ceremony in Diksmuide honouring the French Marines who died during the First World War.

** Pic ** nieuws.vtm.be video: Prins Laurent herdenkt mariniers **

** nieuwsblad.be: Prins Laurent doopt Franse mariniers op militaire plechtigheid ** translation **
Old 10-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Woah, Laurent is everywhere these days: military, cultural, environmental acts
So far he has done everything right, I guess Philippe's confidence in him has made Laurent act like a real prince.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
So far he has done everything right, I guess Philippe's confidence in him has made Laurent act like a real prince.
Fair point. Also, I guess there are not that many other members of the family that can support the King and Queen in their duties these days.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Why was Queen Paola not there for her own Foundation ?
Answer of VTM , King Albert II and Queen Paola definitely show they have nothing to do anymore in Belgium.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Fair point. Also, I guess there are not that many other members of the family that can support the King and Queen in their duties these days.
I think everyone was waiting for Astrid to have more acts than Laurent
Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, that is strange...that Astrid is not playing a bigger role. Does anyone know why this would be? It was assumed that when Phillipe became king, she would step up as well. Especially since Laurent seemed unwilling/unable to support the new king, because of his difficult life.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I completely agree. One of the best things about Philippe becoming king is that everyone who made fun of him, questioned his intelligence and questioned his ability while he was Duc de Brabant is looking rather foolish now.
I love it.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:11 AM
Administrator

A few days ago Prince Laurent attended an exhibition of paintings and sculptures by Mark van Krinkelveldt in Waterloo.

** Pic ** blogs.sudinfo.be: Le prince Laurent visite incognito l'expo de Marc à l'Atelier 457 à Waterloo ! ** translation **
Old 10-14-2014, 05:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I completely agree. One of the best things about Philippe becoming king is that everyone who made fun of him, questioned his intelligence and questioned his ability while he was Duc de Brabant is looking rather foolish now.
I love it.
I completely agree. King Philippe does exactly what his brother needed to regain self-estim. He trusts him a lot and prince Laurent seems to repay him well while representing him. Well done.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I love it.
Exactly, he's proven himself not only to be a capable King but also a caring human being that tries to manage his family as well as he can
Old 10-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I completely agree. King Philippe does exactly what his brother needed to regain self-estim. He trusts him a lot and prince Laurent seems to repay him well while representing him. Well done.
yep, i agree too, i know we don't do this, but otherwise K.Philippe for me would be a clear nomination for King-of-the-Year
Old 10-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Administrator

Prince Laurent attended the opening of the 41st 'Film Fest Gent', film festival in Gent, with the premiere of the American remake of the film 'Loft', yesterday, October 14:

** nieuwsblad.be gallery ** belga gallery **

** standaard.be: Prins Laurent steelt de show bij wereldpremière The Loft ** translation **
Old 10-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Administrator

As in previous years Prince Laurent sat in the jury for the election of the most beautiful Zinneke organized by the Prince Laurent Foundation in Brussels today, October 25. Princess Claire and the kids attended the competition as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** rtl.be video **

** dhnet.be video: Election du plus beau Zinneke de Bruxelles en présence du prince Laurent **
Old 10-26-2014, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Prince Laurent presented awards at the 14th edition of the World Soundtrack Awards as part of the 'Film Fest Gent' in Gent, on October 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** nieuwsblad.be gallery **
Old 10-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Laurent is still good for some fun, after some questions of a young journalist about the movie. She tiold him that the director of the movie wanted to direct a movie with the prince. The prince reacted surprised: ' with me?' and added:' with you sweetheart' . He took her head in his hands, turned her face to some other people and exclaimed: ' isn't she a dear' to which he added: 'a pretty girl, no?' and walked away.

Prins Laurent over journaliste: "Is het geen schatje? Schoon meisje hé" - HLN.be

Good old Laurent, I hope he will never change.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Prince Laurent attended the presentation of new 'The Cartoonists' books as part of the release of the documentary film 'Caricaturistes - fantassins de la democratie' in Brussels on October 31:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **
Old 11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Prince Laurent gave the start of the Madison race during the second day of the Zesdaagse Vlaanderen-Gent six-day indoor cycling race at the indoor cycling arena 'Het Kuipke' in Gent this evening, November 19:

** belga gallery **

Tags
prince aymeric, prince laurent, prince nicholas, princess claire, princess louise