Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unfortunate that he had bronchopneumonia but I'm certainly glad it wasn't the swine flu. :eek:
I hope he'll be back to normal soon.

As of this school year, Prince Laurent is sending his daughter, Louise to a French state school, according to this report from Belgian news website deredactie.be.

See our blog as well.

This probably won't be a popular decision. Was the French school cheaper than any of the Belgian schools in the area? Is that the sole reason for the decision? It is a shame that Princess Louise won't be able to attend a bilingual school, IMO. Does anyone know if she is learning Dutch at home?

French school is extremely expensive whereas Belgian school are free

Well, apparently the French school is less expensive than the private school Louise was attending previously. I am not sure if she learns Dutch at home, only if she has a Dutch-speaking nanny, I would think.

I find it a terrible thing that princess Louise is going to a French School, ok it is less expensive but she is a Belgian princess and she has to learn to speak ALL the languages good. The girl has going to have a lot of comment if her dutch is going to be terrible, it is well known that they speak most of the time french at home !

It is hard for me to determine whether or not the transfer to a French public school was a right decision on the part of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire. At the same time, it would be fair to say that Prince Laurent and Princess Claire have got reasons for doing so. I just hope that Princess Loiuse will be given an opportunity to learn Dutch.

I can't see why she needs to go to a french or a private school in the first place. The Belgian school system is excellent, many Dutch people who live close to the Belgian border prefer to send their children to Belgian schools.
And indeed it is rather silly to send her to a school where she won't learn any Dutch. It is a very sensitive issue so the controvercy was to be expected. If the royal family wouldhave been more fluent in Dutch it would not have been a problem I guess, but with all of them it is obvious that Dutch is not their first language.

Thanks a lot for posting that very nice video link, stephanievl !

Prince Laurent attended the event as well, it's so great that
they brought all three children with them and the kids obviously
enjoyed painting and tinkering :)

In addition to the video here are a few pics of them in Amay.
Pic 2 is quite funny :D, pic 6 is really cute:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

The pictures are verry sweet ! Hard to tell who is Aymeric and who is Nicholas

The kids are so cute. It's hard to tell who is Aymeric and who is Nicholas, although they look alike.:flowers:

The twin boys are so cute! I love the second photo. Laurent and Claire have a very beautiful family.

Totally agree with you all, the kids are adorable :)

Here's an additional article from hola.com with more nice
pics of that day (the close-ups are great) it says that on
that special day a lot of museums in Belgium offered free
entrance, that's always a good chance to check things out ;)

** hola article ** gallery **

What beautiful children! One of the twins (don´t know which) seems very extrovert. The other one is a bit shy.What a lovely family.

:previous: I agree with you. I just wish that the photos would state exactly which twin was Aymeric and which twin was Nicolas.

Can´t you see who is Aymeric or Nicolas?
It's quite simple,
Aymeric is the one with the small nose en he looks a little bit more serieus. He wears the blue trousers.
His brother Nicolas has a bigger nose, more hair on the front of his head, he looks more happy and wears the green trousers.

(as Carminha said, the extrovert one is Nicolas, the more shy boy his brother Aymeric)

:previous: Thanks for that explanation. Now I know who is who. :)

Prince Laurent's organization "KINT" is in danger of being abolished completely. It is almost certain that the Prince will be removed from the board. The organization was meant as an Institute to promote clean technology and conserve natural resources.
On 29 Sept, the organization will most probably be dissolved. There have been financial problems for a long time.

Article in Dutch - French

Thanks a lot for posting that very nice video link, stephanievl !

Prince Laurent attended the event as well, it's so great that
they brought all three children with them and the kids obviously
enjoyed painting and tinkering :)

In addition to the video here are a few pics of them in Amay.
Pic 2 is quite funny :D, pic 6 is really cute:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Oh the boys look so so cute. All grown up. Louise will always be my favourite though. :flowers:

As I announced earlier, the organization KINT/IRGT of Prince Laurent no longer exists. The members of the board decided to cease all activities today.

See here for article in Dutch.

Pics 2.10.2009

Prince Laurent attended the opening of an exhibition at the
Royal Military Museum in Brussels about animals in the World
War I, October 2nd, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:previous: I am assuming that they are meeting with members of the cast. Louise is so cute in this photo!

Yep. It was a performance of the musical '"Pippi Longstocking" (Astrid Lindgren's most famous character). They're posing with the cast.

Pitty Louise has to wear such boring old fashioned clothes. I wore them too as a little girl, and they're no fun. But that's classical style ...:whistling:

Love the smiling faces on this pic, thanks for posting Stephanie!

Hannelore, no doubt you know fashion is a cyclical phenomena, and what was "in fashion" in our grandmother's age is in fashion again now... (I'm not even lying, look at all those typical 50's dresses with wide skirts and round collars) :D

I loved all of Astrid Lindgren's books, but the Pippi Longstockings were my absolute favourite. I also remember they have made movies about her, the girl who could lift a horse... (I'm getting nostalgic, sorry;))

I'm guessing Louise must be learning some Flemish, if she's "taking her parents" to a Flemish musical (as the comments in the video say).

The kind of dresses Louise wears for these occasions (as does Elisabeth and other royal children) aren't really a fashion but a classic IMO, that has been around for a long time and will stay. Little girls get dressed up in traditional BCBG dresses, with a ribbon in their hair and varnished shoes ... But I hated them :lol: On the contrary I loved (and still do) everything Astrid Lindgren ever wrote!

I have no idea whether or not Louise is learning Dutch, but I don't think it's important. As long as she learns more than 1 or 2 languages I'm satisfied, I think it's very imoportant for the development of a child, it also broadens your horizon and the way you look at the world. But whether it must really be Dutch for Louise? She'll probably never have an official function to speak of -- and most people in Belgium don't even know her name I guess. Laurent's children don't get the same focus Mathilde's eldest children do (good thing for them!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom