The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Nobility

I think Philippe and Laurent are a second version of Baudouin and Albert in a way, incredibly different people but unswervingly loyal to each other as brothers.

If my memory doesn't fail me, the only person from the RF who spoke on Laurent's behalf in public during his hard times was Philippe, when he said that L will always be his brother no matter what.

Also, I get the feeling that Laurent never truly forgave his parents for abandoning him in a way (and he didn't get too close to Baudouin and Fabiola either, so he grew up with nannies and bodyguards), so he always felt resentment towards his father specially and that's why his attitude was so bad.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I found some nice gifs of Kathy Pauwels from VTM presenting a birthday cake to Prince Laurent:

One ~ Two ~ Three ~ Four ~ Five ~ Six

On gifs four, five and six you can get a glimpse of the outside of Laurent and Claire's house.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 10-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Laurent, Princess Claire, Princess Louise, Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric attended the election of the most beautiful mut dog, 'Het Mooiste Zinneke'/'Le plus beau Zinneke', organized by the Prince Laurent Foundation in Brussels today, October 26.

** Pic ** lavenir.net gallery: Laurent, dis-moi, qui est le plus beau Zinneke ? **

** belga gallery ** gettyimages ** daylife **

** 7sur7.be: Le Prince Laurent remet le 1er prix du plus beau Zinneke ** translation **

** lameuse.be: Le concours du plus beau zinneke de Bruxelles en présence du Prince Laurent (photos et vidéos) **
Old 10-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely pix of this lovely family. Louise looks more and more like her mother
Old 10-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Also on October 26 Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and the kids visited the exhibition "1001 families, the family in all its forms!" at the WEX (Wallonie Expo) in Marche-en-Famenne.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** lavenir.net gallery: Le couple princier parmi 1001 familles au Wex **
Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Nobility

Great pics!
Louise, Nicolas,Aymeric are sooooo lovely
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

I totally agree with you, Isabella Park

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire this evening, November 4, attended the Belgian premiere of 'Marina', the new movie of Belgian director Stijn Coninx in Genk. The story of the movie is based on the youth of singer Rocco Granata.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** hbvl.be gallery ** belga gallery **

** gva.be: Sterrenparade voor première 'Marina' in Genk (album) **
Old 11-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Laurent and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, attended the Last Post ceremony, a commemoration of World War I, in Ypres today, November 11.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery ** daylife gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery **
Old 11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope he will learn how an old Royal of 92 years is doing so well !
Old 11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well the prince has improved lately, lets hope it will continue.

Did the duke also meet the new king and queen?

It was the 95th anniversary of the end of WWI, hopefully the duke will be able to be there in 5 years too.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Also on October 26 Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and the kids visited the exhibition "1001 families, the family in all its forms!" at the WEX (Wallonie Expo) in Marche-en-Famenne.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** lavenir.net gallery: Le couple princier parmi 1001 familles au Wex **
The children are growing so quickly! And Princess Louise looks very much like her mother.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here is a picture gallery of the Last Post ceremony in Ypres, attended by Prince Laurent and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh on 11 November 2013:
Prince Philip at the Ypres Menin Gate Ceremony - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Nobility

Laurent is virtually taking his brother's place when Philippe can't or won't make an appareance, something like this speaks volumes about the trust the King has on his younger brother.

And by the looks of it, Laurent is set on not letting him down :)
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope so leidi. Not only would I love to see Laurent turn his image around, but Philippe is going to need all the help he can get!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Despite the differences, I believe that Prince Laurent will do his best representing his brother and the Belgian royal family.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh Prince Laurent Of
Does anyone know why it looks like they are stopping the DoE from falling? I can't imagine a world without him, it makes me sad just to think about it but he just doesn't look very good in these pictures. Too bad him and QEII can't retire to Balmoral and enjoy their golden years together.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh Prince Laurent Of
Does anyone know why it looks like they are stopping the DoE from falling? I can't imagine a world without him, it makes me sad just to think about it but he just doesn't look very good in these pictures. Too bad him and QEII can't retire to Balmoral and enjoy their golden years together.
To me, it looks like he was about to miss the chair, so Laurent and the others grabbed him before he fell. I could be wrong of course, but looking at where the chair is compared to where Phillip was, that's what I think is going on.

At least I hope so.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Edinburgh seems to have a mind that is just as sharp as it ever was, but his body is betraying him by conforming to the merciless aging process.

I imagine it's terribly frustrating for him and for everyone that it eventually happens to.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, November 17, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire viewed the exhibition "The birds of the gardens" organized by the Royal Belgian League for the Protection of Birds and the City Gembloux. The exhibition is held at the Municipal House of Gembloux.

** Pic ** lavenir.net: Claire et Laurent aiment les oiseaux ** translation **
Old 12-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

On November 25, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the 25th ceremony of the Caïus de Prométhéa Award, which rewards the finest works produced under the patronage of the cultural and architectural heritage in Belgium. This ceremony took place at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** promethea.be gallery **

Tags
claire, current events, laurent, prince laurent, princess claire