Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole family goes twice a year by SCAPA to buy their clothes, just seen en belgian TV

Prince Laurent has attended the wedding of Prince Philippe de Riquet de Caraman, Prince of Chimay, and Francoise Bautier in Chimay on Friday 21 September 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Asked why Claire wasn't present he said she was ill with a bad flu....

Françoise Bautier is the Heiress of Imbev.
The Princes of Chimay and their Castle will be save now she will bring the bacon at home

I visited the Castle and the guide was Princess Elisabeth the Dowager Princess herself who is in the eighties she was in a roll chair . Unforgettable Visit !
So Rominet you were at this wedding ? Did the Dowager Princess Attend ?

Princess Claire and Prince Laurent attended a dog walk at Toutou Walk and Circus organised by the Prince Laurent Foundation (Fondation Prince Laurent - Stichting Prins Laurent) and the organisation Greyhounds in nood, in Brussels, Sunday 30 September 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
:previous:

It looks as if they've shared their duties. According to the calendar Claire and Laurent had been scheduled to attend yesterday's and today's event together, but they did not.

Prince Laurent attended the Musique Royale des Guides Concert at the Palais des Beaux Arts in Brussels on November 30, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Well I can't blame them, Lord knows what kind of mischief Aymeric and Nicolas get into when they are home alone :D :lol:

On December 10 Prince Laurent as a member of the Board of Directors of the Prince Louis de Polignac Foundation has attended the foundation's annual awards ceremony in Paris. The foundation aims to promote French and European culture and to contribute to the development of science. Prince Albert of Monaco was present as well.

** Pic **

Today the Belgian press reported that prince Laurent was in touch with Angolan officials, without the Belgian government being informed about this.

Reports that Prince Laurent set up projects in the African country of Angola without informing the government have once again put the cat among the pigeons. Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo has threatened to take away the prince's allowance.
Prince Laurent's allowance is worth 300,000 euros each and every year.

It was in the spring of 2011 that the enfant terrible of the Belgian royal house last caused a stir. Without informing the government Prince Laurent met with rebels fighting the regime of Col Muammar Gaddafi in Libya. The prince also supported projects in Congo and signed business deals with President Kabila's regime.

Read more here: flandersnews.be: Prince Laurent in new scandal

His lawyers report that the story is untrue:
Advocaten: (in Dutch only).

The prime minister responded that IF the prince did break the guidelines he received in 2011, he willlose his dotation: http://www.dhnet.be/people/familles...ppeler-au-prince-laurent-ses-engagements.html (in French only).

Last edited:
If Prince Laurent did participate in Angolan projects, it would be a clear display of his shortsightedness. Prince Laurent encountered enough scandals to learn a thing or two and make a better judgement. Prime Minister Di Rupo's ardour to swiftly and severely punish is surprising though. What is going on in the kingdom of Belgium?

Last edited:
I hope the story is not true. As long as Laurent remaining a Prince of Belgium who receives annual allowance, he must pretty much do as the Government says. Doing something behind their back would be simply unacceptable.

yes she looks happy. Am a fan of Claire but do not like this outfit, the individual parts might work (except the necklace for me, a bit flintstone for me) and her hair (pic 4) is silly.

She looks beautiful. They actually both look happy! While not a fan of her necklace, the whole look is very nice.
And is Prince Laurent's jacket a deep purple??

I like the picture where Princess Claire is pictured carrying all her childrens ski's, just a mom doing what a mom does!

They were on holiday because their children Belgian Princes and Citizens are going to the very expensive Lycée Français whose holidays were a week later than the belgian's schools.

Princess Claire and Prince Laurent attended the presentation of the results of the musical comedy project "Colombina" by the "L'enfant des etoiles organization" in the Chateau du Lac in Genval. March 11, 2013

BelgaPicture - Category details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom