The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The mixed photo gallery to Prince Laurent's birthday from Belga Gallery (16/10/2009).

http://i37.tinypic.com/2u43b7c.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/1zod8n5.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/2a4s8wl.jpg

BelgaPicture - Category details

Old 10-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 17.10.2009

Prince Laurent signing the water chart written by children
during the action Place aux Enfants at St Josse, Belgium,
October 17, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Old 10-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
I have no idea whether or not Louise is learning Dutch, but I don't think it's important. As long as she learns more than 1 or 2 languages I'm satisfied, I think it's very imoportant for the development of a child, it also broadens your horizon and the way you look at the world. But whether it must really be Dutch for Louise? She'll probably never have an official function to speak of -- and most people in Belgium don't even know her name I guess.
I agree that it's a good thing for children to learn more than one language even if they're not in the public eye. If nothing else it's good exercise for the brain.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 PM

I simply have to share this one:

deredactie.be: Prins Laurent vriest lievelingshond in

Prince Laurent had a Berner Senner who died 3 months ago. The Prince was not yet ready to say goodbye and had the body frozen.
Yesterday, he decided it was time to pay his last respects to his faithful friend, and so he called the mortuary at the University of Ghent, where the body was kept, and they had to rush to make the dog presentable.
The prince asked to be left alone when saying goodbye.

According to the journalist,the prince confirmed this story to him by phone.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

It's very sad that he lost his dog. How did the dog die?

I do think it is kind of strange that he had the dog frozen, but I guess everyone grieves in their own way...
Old 10-31-2009, 11:58 AM

just age, I think. It didn't say in the notice.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

it's great to see that some people have such a strong relationship with animals and i'm glad to see that the prince is paying his respects in the way he thinks best. it is certainly important and pets can become such an important part of someone's life. loyalty is so important and i guess laurent wanted to give some of it back. it's nice to see.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Laurent with his daughter Louise visiting the exhibition 'Tobet, mythical dog of Kazakhstan' by the Daniyar Daukey, photographer. 11/03/2009.

IBL Gallery
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Laurent & Louise look so sweet and charming together, a nice father/daughter outing- she looks like such a little lady! Great Pictures, thanks for posting them!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Courtier

Princess Louise is very sweet!
She's so grow up!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Louise looks so much like her mum. She is very cute!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

During the autumn concert last week prince Laurent left early. Normally the royals greet the guests and talk to them. This time Filip, Mathilde and Lorenz were absent. The prince however had other plans and left early: 'I will go home when I want to', he told a member of the palace staff.

Read more at royalblog, here.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM

reading this, one would almost have to believe Vaessen's assertion that the prince actually despises "the people".

I wonder why he left so early.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It has not been a very kind and nice gesture...
To be honest I often can't understand what this Prince thinks...
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Well, that display wasn't good. Laurent really can act spoiled and petulant when he wants to. I've read some articles claiming the Belgian Monarchy is not popular and actions such as this are not helping the matter. No wonder Princess Astrid is so popular, she attends to Royal duties and functions without displays of temper and arrogance.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Prince Laurent with his daughter Louise visiting the exhibition 'Tobet, mythical dog of Kazakhstan' by the Daniyar Daukey, photographer. 11/03/2009.

IBL Gallery
Lovely pictures, nice that he bought Louise.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

It is truly nice to see Prince Laurent with Princess Louise visiting the exhibition. Here is some additional information about tobets Tobet - history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
During the autumn concert last week prince Laurent left early. Normally the royals greet the guests and talk to them. This time Filip, Mathilde and Lorenz were absent. The prince however had other plans and left early: 'I will go home when I want to', he told a member of the palace staff. ... [snipped]
I too am puzzled about Prince Laurent's beahviour. I think he should keep in mind that such displays tend to negatively reflect upon the Belgian Royal family.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 11-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

It is disappointing to read Prince Laurent's negative comments. He sounds like a spolit child, IMO. He really does need to think twice before he makes such comments at these events.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Majesty

There's a bit of a worry about Prince Laurent as he has set his eyes on a holiday home in Africa.Nut unusual these days in other Kingdoms,except,except Laurent is interested in purchasing a home in Guinee,the most corruption infested wateringhole par excellence
and above that,a dictatorial piece of land where only last september many were shot as they demonstrated for democracy,on itself an
almost impossible concept in that continent known for it's incontinence on the matter.
Anyhow,Laurent might have to think twice,although one does need that extra grey cell to get ones head around.Problem.
I really fail to see why on God's earth he wants that,and wants that now and THERE of all places.

The Coburg's have one "of them" in every generation,but none comes close to Laurent when it's about annoying streaks.
The kid definitely has a mental issue,heaven knows how poor Clair puts up with that adult adolescent.I pitty her.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

How very disappointing to hear, Lucien. I also cannot understand why he would even consider having a home in such a place. There are so many other places in that part of the world that are not only corruption-free, but probably much safer for his family. Why would he think about bringing his family there? It surely doesn't sound very safe. Thank you for sharing this info, Lucien. I do hope that he will come to his senses.

Tags
claire, current events, laurent, prince laurent, princess claire