Louise Sophie Mary´s Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will be Louise Sophie Mary´s royal godparents

• Princess Laura- Maria,Astrid´s daughter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prince Amedeo, Astrid´s son

• Princess Louisa-Maria, Astrid´s daughter

• Princess Astrid

• Prince Lorenz

• Princess Mathilde

• Princess Phillipe

• Queen Paola

• King Albert

• Quen Fabiola

• a member of the Dutch royal family

• a member of the Luxemburg royal family

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

liv

Courtier
Country
Germany
Who wil be Louise´s royal godparent?

I think her godparents will also include Claire´s siblings.Joanna( I think she is married but I don´t know her name)

:p

What about the Earl or Countess of Wessex? Just look at those names, It's like all the royals brought the same baby name book.

i heard that Louise's godfather will be a moslem , a good friend of Laurent & Claire

I don´t think that the Earl and Countess can be godparents because the Belgian royal house is Catholic and the British belongs to the Anglican church.

Only catholic people can be godparents to a catholic child????
I also heard about Muslim,but I don´t think it will happen :rolleyes:

Originally posted by liv@Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:00 am
I don´t think that the Earl and Countess can be godparents because the Belgian royal house is Catholic and the British belongs to the Anglican church.

Only catholic people can be godparents to a catholic child????
I also heard about Muslim,but I don´t think it will happen :rolleyes:
Laurent said it would be a muslem friend himself....so I'm pretty sure it's true

I know but can the baby be catholic then?????

yeh she can be catholic , but the godmother definetely has to be catholic.

Normally it is not allowed for the baby to have godparents who are not catholic , but there can be made exceptions. Kardinaal Danneels should give permission to let the muslem friend become godparent (which wont be problem cause he's a good friend of the royal family).

so it's ok if you ask permission and the other godparent should be catholic

I personally think that the godmother might even by the Duchess of Calabria. Laurent was one of the godfathers of her daughter, Princess Maria Carolina. So why not return the favor :)

im not sure if Claire had relgions? she is catholic? or what? i read in hello! when she got married to Laurent nearest one year i think she is catholic.

i vote Prince Phillippe because he would be wonderful uncle to baby Louise Sophie Mary maybe his niece would love share with his child

Sara Boyce

:rolleyes: Prince Laurent said that one godfather could be a Muslim,but they have not yet decided,he said:"We still have to think about ".
Godfried Danneels,head of the Catholic church of Belgium,said that only one godparent has to be catholic and there is no use of an exception.
Laurent´s uncle King Baudouin I was a very faithful Catholican... ;)

don't know if this is allready posted somewhere but i heard that crownprince reza of iran would be louise's godfather

search prince Laurent de belgique ...

I voted for the Dutch Royal Family. All others are catholics, I think, and I don't think they will have catholic godparents for their baby.

That about Zidane was a joke for April 1st!

Personaly, I think they won't chose royal godparents. I think Claire's sister Joanna will be godmother. I have no idea about the godfather tough.

When is the baptism planned. I know it is a shame that I live in Belgium and don't know it....

It hasn't been anounced yet, when the baptism will take place.

Little Louise will be baptized by Guy Gilbert, the priest who married Laurent & Claire, and who'se also a good friend of the couple.

I seem to remember she was going to be baptized in France, but I'm not a 100% sure...

Is there a reason why she might baptized in France rather than Belgium?

Père Gilbert is a French priest who lives and works in France.

But he went to Belgium for the wedding, why couldn't he do the same for the christening.

What is the feeling in Belgium that a daughter born to a Belgian prince not be christened in that country? For example, I can't imagine Andrew and Sarah of Great Britain christening one of their daughters in France.

Is it sure it will be in France?

Anyway Laurent never does the same as anyone else...

I don't really think people would mind very much, Louise is only 11th in the line of succession. Her parents have a more private life than the king and queen, or Filip and Mathilde. And a baptism is regarded as a private ceremony in Belgium, not a public one.

But I do hope, if it really is in France, that there will be photos and some footage!

I voted Princess Laura- Maria,Astrid´s daughter

Actually her name is Maria Laura, and not the other way round :p

when christening?

Sara Boyce

Nothing's been anounced yet, maybe Laurent is still in search of a muslim godfather :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom