A Daughter for Laurent and Claire

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
From the Benelux Royals Message board, posted by Johan R at 17:12:34, Princess Claire was taken to Saint Lucke Hospital in Brussels on February 6.

Stay tuned for more Belgian baby news!

Good luck, Claire!

It will be a girl and the name is Louise, am I right or was it a joke of Prince Laurent :unsure:

Laurent mentioned that during the summer that it was to be a girl and that she would be named Louise, but I have read that it might've been sincere but that it could also have been an off-remark by Laurent to throw the public off -- especially is Claire delivers a boy and his name is Baudoin or something!

According to Netty's Royalty Page, Claire is scheduled to give birth sometime this evening. Prince Laurent has been contacted by the press and said that the baby will most likely be a girl and they will name her Louise Mary.

I hope it is a Girl! Poor Claire, she hasn't it easy right now.

Louise Mary? Such an English name. Interesting. I hope Claire will have no problems.

Well, Claire's middle name is Louise so I can see where Louise would be a good choice for them. They're catholic so I suppose that's where the Mary comes in. I believe all of Astrid's and Philippe's children have Marie or Maria (which are forms of Mary) in their middle names. I'm suprised though that this baby will only have two names (if this is true) because most royals have at least three; although the Norwegian royals seem to only like two names.

Louise Marie would have been my choice. English/French. Louise Mary is rather English.

Don't forget that Claire is half British, that's probably why they chose 'Mary' in stead of Marie.

btw princess Astrid's middle daughter is also called Luisa Maria, the Italian version of Louise Marie (Paola's mother was called Luisa).

I know she is. But that's why I was thinking of the English/French pairing. Combine the two. Then again the name "Claire" does that well anyway.

From the Benelux Royals Message board:

A girl for Laurent and Claire: Louise Sophie Mary of Belgium born at 21.30 hour, weighing 3kg 420 and 54 cm long.

With all the baby girls born into royal houses recently, I wonder if there's something in the water! :lol:
Congradulations to the parents!

Juliane

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 6th, 2004 - 6:12 pm
From the Benelux Royals Message board:

A girl for Laurent and Claire: Louise Sophie Mary of Belgium born at 21.30 hour, weighing 3kg 420 and 54 cm long.
Excuse my ignorance but whats that in pounds?????? :blink:

It was pointed out at the Benelux Royals message board that Louise was actually born at 21:34.

Congratulations for the brand new parents!
Nice, it was a girl!

Found this:
http://www.gva.be/nieuws/Binnenland/defaul...6-C21181D79DF1}

07/02 Koninklijk paleis meldt geboorte van prinses Louise
Prins Laurent en prinses Claire hebben verheugd de geboorte gemeld van hun dochter Louise, die op 6 februari 2004 rond 21h34 in het UZ St-Lucas te Woluwe Saint-Lambert het levenslicht zag. Ze kreeg de voornamen Louise, Sophie en Mary mee.
Prinses Claire en haar dochter stellen het goed. Het kind woog bij de geboorte 3,420 gram en is 54 cm groot, zo kondigde een woordvoerder van het koninklijk palais vrijdag aan.
Namens de regering en de ganse Belgische bevolking, feliciteerde Eerste Minister Guy Verhofstadt, de ouders Laurent en Claire, met de geboorte vrijdagavond van Louise. Premier Verhofstadt feliciteerde ook de trotse grootouders met de geboorte van het Prinsesje. Hij wenst Louise een leven vol warmte, vreugde, verrassingen en verwondering toe.

Voor de derde keer in minder dan een jaar is er opnieuw een mogelijke troonopvolger geboren. De rangorde voor de troonsopvolging wordt evenwel niet omgegooid aangezien het dochtertje van prins Laurent en prinses Claire de laatste, en dus de elfde, plaats in de rij inneemt.
Ze is meteen het achtste kleinkind van het vorstenpaar. Na de geboorte van Elisabeth in 2001, Laetitia Maria in april 2003, en Gabriel in augustus 2003, is het nu dus de beurt aan Louise Sophie Mary om zich een plaatsje te veroveren binnen de stamboom van de koninklijke Belgische familie.
Haar kansen om ooit op de troon te komen zijn echter gering, aangezien zij prins Filip en zijn twee kinderen, prinses Astrid en haar vijf kinderen en ook haar vader prins Laurent moet laten vooraf gaan.
De voornaam Louise komt reeds voor in de koninklijke familie. Zo was er prinses Louise (1858-1924), de dochter van Leopold II, maar ook prinses van Orléans Louise-Marie (1812-1850), echtgenote van de eerste koning der Belgen, Leopold I

Congratulations to them. More Girl Power!

Congrats to them.... Congrats to Belgium.... YAY! What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.... GIRL POWER!

Chanel

Pretty name too. Rather close to her cousin's, but, I like how since they liked the name, they kept it instead of changing it :)

Congratulations to the new parents, and the Royal Family for the baby girl! :flower:

Royal's girl power!!! It is amazing!

I heard Astrid and 4 of her children and phillip and mathilde allready visited baby louise :)

Bigger versions of the images Martine first posted:

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: King Albert of Belgium (L) and Queen Paola © leave the St-Luc Hospital after their visit to Princess Claire who give birth to a girl named Louise Sophie Mary 06 February, 2004. BELGA PHOTO JACQUES COLLET

Two grandmas and a grandpa

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: King Albert of Belgium and Queen Paola, leave the St-Luc Hospital after their visit to Princess Claire who gave birth to a girl named Louise Sophie Mary, late 06 February 2004. Princess Claire, wife of Prince Laurent, the younger son of Belgian King Albert II, gave birth to the couple's first child, Princess Louise weighing 3.42 kilogrammes (7.54 pounds) and measuring 54 centimetres (21 inches). AFP PHOTO BELGA Jacques COLLET

Grandpa Albert and Grandma Paola

Question: Is there something in the water that the royals of Europe drink these days? Since the majority is getting girls I mean.... :innocent:

Anyway, congrats to Laurent and Claire. A newborn baby is a lovely thing.

I can't wait to see what the stork brings for Fred and Mary and Leti and Felipe....

Originally posted by chanel@Feb 7th, 2004 - 12:49 pm
I can't wait to see what the stork brings for Fred and Mary and Leti and Felipe....
Maybe some royal boy power to equal the playing field! Of course any sons they have will be at least a year younger than all the royal girls, but who says age mattere?! :p

Yahoo News

New royal baby in Belgium
Sat Feb 7, 8:34 AM

BRUSSELS (AFP) - Princess Claire, wife of Prince Laurent, the younger son of Belgian King Albert II, has given birth to the couple's first child, Princess Louise, the royal palace announced.

Louise, who was born on Friday night, is the eighth grandchild of the Belgian sovereigns and 11th in line to the throne.

She weighed in at 3.42 kilogrammes (7.54 pounds) and measured 54 centimetres (21 inches).

Prince Laurent, 40, is the youngest of the three children of Albert II and Queen Paola. He married Claire Cooms, a British-born half-Belgian surveyor, who has just turned 30, last April.

Prince Laurent is only 10th in line to the throne, behind his elder brother Philippe, 43, his niece Elisabeth and his nephew Gabriel, his sister Astrid, 41, and her five children.

A great advocate of the environment and animal rights, Prince Laurent is one of the most popular members of the Belgian royal family, despite having had the reputation of a tearaway when younger.

Keen on powerful cars, he has managed to get himself stopped for speeding on several occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom