A Daughter for Laurent and Claire

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant wait see Claire's baby! he really excited he told press! the couples become first time parents! if Claire was c-section or not she had normal birth?

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981@Feb 7th, 2004 - 10:49 pm
i cant wait see Claire's baby! he really excited he told press! the couples become first time parents! if Claire was c-section or not she had normal birth?

Sara Boyce
During the press conference after Louise's birth, Laurent said that Claire was only in actual labour for 40 minutes and that she had an epidural and was feeling fine. So, that means that it was a natural delivery.

Is there everything OK with little baby Louise? They waited quite a long time before giving the birth public and now there are not any pictures given to the press. Not, that they were compulsory, but well, we "commoner" have been spoiled seeing pictures of new royals very soon. Little Amalia was hardly an hour "old", when her first picture was released.

Originally posted by Alexandra@Feb 8th, 2004 - 12:32 pm
Is there everything OK with wee little baby Louise? They waited quite a long time before giving the birth public and now there are not any pictures given to the press. Not, that they were compulsory, but well, we "commoner" have been spoiled seeing pictures of new royals very soon. Little Amalia was hardly an hour "old", when her first picture was released.
Here in Belgium, the royals wait 2-3 days after the birth to release the first pictures. Most of the time, with a video too. Prince Gabriel is born August 20th and we saw him first on August 24th.

Does anyone have a photes of Clair's brother MatthewCoombs. I think he is gorgeous :heart:

Congratulations Princess Claire and Prince Laurent

Congratulations for them and all the Royal family. But, I think that they named her daughter very similar to Princess Luisa, Princess Astrid's daughter.

When born? on the february 5th or 6th? They named her Louise Sophie Mary? Mary isn't english?

Laurent and Claire's daughter Louise was born on February 6. I don't understand what you mean by "Mary isn't English?" Mary might've been chosen because Claire is British. I don't know if there is another significance for the choice of the name.

Hello

Belgian Royals Welcome a New Addition

9 FEBRUARY 2004
Prince Laurent of Belgium and his British-born wife Princess Claire are celebrating the birth of their first child, a baby girl, the royal palace has announced.

Princess Louise Sophie Mary came into the world at a Brussels hospital on Saturday, weighing in at 7lbs 8oz and measuring 21 inches. Both mother and daughter are doing well, and have already been visited by King Albert and Queen Paola, as well as Nicole Coombs-Mertens, Claire's sister.

The little princess, the monarch's eighth grandchild, is 11th in the line of succession. Belgium's royal family has seen a year of new additions, welcoming Prince Gabriel, son of Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, last August. The king and queen's only daughter, 41-year-old Princess Astrid, gave birth to her fifth child, Laetitia Maria, last April.

Prince Laurent, 40, and 30-year-old Claire Coombs wed last April, and the princess' pregnancy was confirmed five months later.

Are they left the hospital? Here, in Spain, we have no notice from Claire, Laurent and little Louise.

No, Claire and Louise have not left the hospital yet. I'm sure there will be some photos of Claire leaving the hospital when she does. In another day or two, I would think, as Astrid and Mathilde each spent 3-4 days in the hospital after they delivered Laeticia and Gabriel.

PERFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECT...................................
Is so swet, i love :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Nice babby. Is pretty and she looks like her father, Prince Laurent.

I would have thought it impossible to be pretty and to look like her father but Louise has pulled it off. Cute baby.

that cute baby!

but i dont know about claire?

Sara Boyce

She is so sweet! I wonder why Claire has yet to leave the hospital? That's a pretty long stay, especially for a natural birth. Has it been announced when she and the baby are going home?

from hellomagazine.com

First Pictures of Belgium's Princess Louise

11 FEBRUARY 2004
Prince Laurent of Belgium and his wife Claire have released the first pictures of their new baby Louise Sophie Mary. The little princess, who is 11th in line to the throne, was born on Friday night at Saint-Lucas hospital in Brussels. Both mother and child are said to be doing well.

Laurent married British-born Claire Coombs last April, and the princess' pregnancy was confirmed six months later.
Princess Louise's birth marks something of a baby boom in the royal household. Crown Prince Philippe and Princes Mathilde welcomed the arrival of little Gabriel last August, while Princess Astrid gave birth to her fifth child, Laetitia Maria, earlier in the year.

The Belgian people are now awaiting news on who will be the child's godparents. It was widely reported that the late Shah of Iran's son would be godfather, after Laurent let slip that he had "someone of Islamic confession" in mind. Reza Pahlavi is one of the prince's oldest and closest friends, but Belgian Foreign Minister Louis Michel said this would be an "uncomfortable" choice for the country.

Originally posted by micas@Feb 11th, 2004 - 9:19 am
Pics from Clair live the Hospital with the baby:
Great picture micas, thanks for sharing it. :flower:

"Belgian Foreign Minister Louis Michel said this would be an "uncomfortable" choice for the country."

Yes, no kidding. Apparently, this Reza guy is trying to overturn the current government. And there's a shock. He's working from near Washington. But bravi to Laurent and Claire for thinking beyond the norm. I hope Claire is doing well.

This photo is so

cute

That is a nice "bag".

wow.
that is the most innocent-looking baby i've ever seen.
and they're all supposed to be innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom