Tessy Antony-de Nassau, News and Events 1: April 2019 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the 1920's when people expect a divorced woman to retreat to the shadows or an earlier time when she would have been put in a nunnery.

Tessy has to support herself and if she is making a contribution to society by helping others, why should she should be quiet? It wasn't expected of Diana, Sarah and Alexandra and I don't expect it of Tessy. We all know how Diana and Sarah dealt with life after the divorce. The one to follow IMO is Alexandra of Denmark. The only difference, that with the exception of Alexandra's follow up marriage and divorce (which caused a lot of press)....Alexandra has never said anything negative about her former in laws. She does her charity work, raises her children, when the DRF shows up at events with her sons, she is pleasant. Who knows what she is thinking behind the smile. Based on how Tessy is acting, can the same be said for future activities with her boys?

I just think that she shouldn't try to engage in a tit for tat with the Grand Ducal Family. She might win the in the court of public opinion (though I don't really think so) but she will lose as it relates to her relationship with the family. They are tied together forever with the boys. Its not fair to the boys if they want to enjoy life's events (i.e. graduation, plays, award ceremonies, marriage, etc.) if Mum and the Grand Parents can barely tolerate each other cause Mum can't stop slamming the Grand Parents in the press. Grand parents, whom if I am correct...have never said anything negative about Tessy.

Part of me thinks Tessy is sour as she's no longer a Princess ,if this is the case she'd want to get a grip of reality and the sooner the better if for nothing else other than her 2 sons sake.

I think Tessy needs to take time out from social media, IMO she uses it rather unhealthily and doesn't realise the longer term implications of some of her posts (digs at her in-laws who are still no matter what her children's grandparents).

I completely agree with Zonk - look at how Alexandra managed her post-divorce relationships with her former in-laws. She and Joachim clearly realised early on that they had to put their children first - that everyone had to be able to stand in the same room for the boys big life events - confirmation, 18th, 21sts etc and to do so all needed to act with grace and dignity. Even if Tessy doesn't think they are the best in-laws just say nothing, its simple. Bear in mind always that Tessy has admitted she has a more private social media account so she knows this is a public one so when she posts digs at MT she does so knowing it will be public and create fuss - maybe she does so knowing it gives her 5 more minutes of relative "fame" but think beyond those 5 minutes to 5 or 15 years time.

I don't think she should disappear, she has some charity commitments and thats good but I do hate the way she is paid to promote some products (and I have said the same about Sarah Ferguson so its not personal to her).

I just wish she would focus on living her life following her own statements more often - female empowerment but then dissing her mother in law on social media, talking about how everyone is beautiful no matter what they look like but then taking paid promotion work for a cosmetic beauty company, posting about how people shouldn't be materialistic but promoting fashion brands, jewellery brands and wearing expensive gowns. I just wish she would practice what she preaches rather than just making grand sweeping statements that sound good, just my opinion. take some time out and re-evaluate whats important Tessy.

Last edited:
I think it hasn't anything to do that she wasn't good enough to be a Pricness. if they had married and then got children their marriage would probably have been approved by the GRand Duke. It was the decision of Louis to renouce his succession rights so that hzis soin born before their marriage and future children would not be different in that one would ghave succession rights and the other not.

I am not sure the son born before the marriage would not have gained succession rights from the marriage of his parents if the marriage had been approved by the Grand Duke. It is said in the house law of 1907, to which no changes were publicly issued until 2012, that the throne would pass to issue from approved marriages, but the house law does not appear to specify that they must be born after the marriage.

Art. I . — Da Uns ein männlicher Erbe bisher versagt geblieben ist und seit dem Tode Unseres Oheims des Prinzen Nicolas Liebden ohne Hinterlassung successionsfahiger Descendenz der Fürstliche Mannesstamm des Hauses Nassau auf Unseren Augen allein steht, kann der in Artikel 42 des Erbvereins von 1783 gesetzte Fall eintreten und hat alsdann Unsere erstgeborene Tochter Prinzessin Marie-Adelheid und zunächst ihr Mannesstamm, aus gemäss den Familienstatuten Unseres Hauses geschlossener Ehe, nach dem Recht der Erstgeburt,Uns in der Krone Luxemburg, sowie als Chef Unseres Hauses und in Besitz und Nutzniessung des gesamten Hausfideicommisses nachzufolgen, jedoch ist bis zur Vollendung ihres achtzehnten Lebensjahres die Regentschaft und Vormundschaft für sie von Unserer vielgeliebten Gemahlin der Grossherzogin Maria-Anna zu führen.

Sollte Unsere genannte vielgeliebte Tochter ohne Hinterlassung einer Nachkommenschaft aus gemäss den Familienstatuten Unseres Hauses geschlossener Ehe versterben, so sind Unsere andern vielgeliebten Töchter und ihre Linien in gleicher Weise nach Primogenitur-Recht zur Erbfolge berufen.​

Mémorial A n° 37 de 1907 - Legilux

Despite all this background Diane (Jean's second spouse after Hélène Vestur) is never accepted at the Court. Probably because the Court never fully accepted Prince Jean's first wife, let alone his divorce. But you never hear Hélène or Diane in media. You never hear them wailing or complaining.

I agree in regards to Ms. Hélène Vestur, however, Diane refers to herself as Princess Diane of Luxembourg without the permission of the house laws or the Grand Duke (the Grand-Ducal Court refers to her as Countess Diane of Nassau). Princess Tessy, despite her objections to the house laws and the Grand Duke's decision in regard to the loss of her title in September, apparently intends to comply with them.

An important difference between Tessy and other former royals is that most of Tessy's patronages were acquired in the two years after her 'preliminary divorce'. So, she actively used her title to get as much attention and honorary positions as she possibly could while her title lasted.

And she hasn't been very stable job wise switching between jobs every few months (or going without one), so it's not that she is building a steady career in a specific area. She is mainly working on self-promotion as a way to get money (and lots of perks) coming in. If she had just continued her work with Professors without Borders and held a steady job next to that, she could be/most likely would have been recognized for continuing charity work instead of being recognized for building a name for herself based on her royal connections.

I am not sure the son born before the marriage would not have gained succession rights from the marriage of his parents if the marriage had been approved by the Grand Duke. It is said in the house law of 1907, to which no changes were publicly issued until 2012, that the throne would pass to issue from approved marriages, but the house law does not appear to specify that they must be born after the marriage.
Someone born before a marriage took place cannot be considered issue of that marriage imho. And as far as I know the classic interpretation has always been 'being born within an approved marrisge' (conceived was not required as harder to establish). Only Monaco made the weird exception that off-spring of 2 people can be legetimized by a subsequent marriage.

I agree in regards to Ms. Hélène Vestur, however, Diane refers to herself as Princess Diane of Luxembourg without the permission of the house laws or the Grand Duke (the Grand-Ducal Court refers to her as Countess Diane of Nassau). Princess Tessy, despite her objections to the house laws and the Grand Duke's decision in regard to the loss of her title in September, apparently intends to comply with them.
I didn't know that Diane did so. Can you share where she did so?

We'll have to see whether Tessy complies or not. Over the last two years she surely mixed up her names and titles and made the most intriguing combinations, so hopefully she will comply from September onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

My apologies, I cannot remember the websites where I noticed her usage of it, but I will post them once I find them again.

Someone born before a marriage took place cannot be considered issue of that marriage imho. And as far as I know the classic interpretation has always been 'being born within an approved marrisge' (conceived was not required as harder to establish). Only Monaco made the weird exception that off-spring of 2 people can be legetimized by a subsequent marriage.

At least in most of Europe, I am under the impression that the classic interpretation and/or statutory laws follow the same rule as the civil code of Monaco: children born before a later marriage are granted the same legal rights as if they were born in wedlock.

Aside from England, which other countries in modern times consider(ed) children whose parents married after their birth not to be issue of the marriage?

In any case, the Civil Code of Luxembourg applies the same rule as that of Monaco.

Art. 330.

Tous les enfants nés hors mariage, dont la filiation est légalement établie, sont légitimés de plein droit par le mariage subséquent de leurs parents.

Si leur filiation n'était pas déjà établie, ces enfants peuvent faire l'objet d'une reconnaissance au moment de la célébration du mariage. En ce cas, l'officier de l'état civil qui procède à la célébration constate la reconnaissance et la légitimation dans un acte séparé.

I don’t know why, but it seems like Tessy is sending out mixed signals. One day, she seems to dislike people. Like when she said she lost her invitation to that forum, because of her former mother in law. She also doesn’t seem happy about her older brother who avoids her. Which is understandable. The next day, she seems to love everyone, and everything is fine. Like this instagram post (https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfcRdhlX7Z/) where she says she loves everyone: ”I love my family so much- each and everyone of them! This includes my personal family and the family of my ex husband.”

It makes it a little difficult to take anything she says seriously.

Either way, she can think whatever she wants of her ex-husband and his family. But if she has any negative feelings or opinions regarding them, she should at least be silent about it in public (well, social media in this case). As I believe it will affect the boys in the end.

And the pictures were taken last month, so before the divorce was finalized.

Wondering what her new boyfriend thinks of her fight to keep her former husbands title/surname.

Wondering what her new boyfriend thinks of her fight to keep her former husbands title/surname.

Perhaps he was the one that convinced her to quit the fight?

Well a lot of people date after a separation but before the final rubber stamp. That's if he is a romantic partner.

She does seem good at sending mixed signals. Even the Hello puff piece seemed to waffle a bit on what she thinks about her title and in September, lack of it. She did admit it opened doors for people to listen to her.

I was wondering if Tessy would find another partner after Louis. I hope her new boyfriend can help heal her so she can stop posting the malicious and petty comments she has done on social media and that he won't be a kind of rebound after her divorce.

Tessy seems to have a new boyfriend....or certainly theres a man she was happy to have her hands all over and kissing when she arrived back at Heathrow from Luxembourg before returning to her house with him.

Notice how she mananged to keep that quiet on her social media.

https://www.cotilleando.com/threads/exclusiva-tessy-tiene-nuevo-novio.129539/

Maybe she likes to keep some stuff private? Like her boyfriend. This was all new to me, so maybe their relationship also is fairly new, and they don't want to make it official yet. Maybe Tessy wanted to wait a while after the divorce, before she makes Instagram posts related about him. As she might be afraid of people's opinions about her dating/being in a relationship with someone else before her divorce was finalized. I don't know.

Tessy also made this Instagram post -> https://www.instagram.com/p/BwjSF4LlK71/ , and someone did comment and suggested that Tessy should make a dedicated post just for Grand Duke Jean, as his health has become worse. She replied: "however, in these moments we like- as a family - to keep our privacy and comments to ourselves for now."

So maybe she wants to keep some things private, while she is going public with other things? Or maybe some people have told her that some things are not really appropriate to post on social media, and she listened to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I Don't think it is wrong for a Young Lady to have a boyfriend after a divorce. She has her life to live….

I Don't think it is wrong for a Young Lady to have a boyfriend after a divorce. She has her life to live….

Yes, it's true the important thing is that Tessy is happy. She's still young, and it's normal for her to find a new boyfriend.

I hope she will marry again. She is young and she perhaps wants more children. I hope she finds someone young, rich, and titled. Everyone deserves to be happy!

I don't think anyone had said its wrong for her to have a boyfriend, at most people on here wondered how long they had been together, which following a divorce is not unusual for people to wonder (not saying there is anything suspect about the time frame).

Tessy today awarded an Honorary Doctorate from the Paris College of Art for her work in and around Education globally

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxiKpellsGh/

Her talking at the event

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxmiPAPlQG5/

And celebrating

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxjdkPGFGTN/

I don't think anyone had said its wrong for her to have a boyfriend, at most people on here wondered how long they had been together, which following a divorce is not unusual for people to wonder (not saying there is anything suspect about the time frame).

They officially announced their separation more then 2 years ago (January 2017). Many people don't wait until the divorce stamp to date, especially when it is more then a 2 year process.

After having her last romance in the spotlight for years, she is likely enjoying trying to have one under the radar and private.

Eh..not appropriate for a memorial ceremony IMO. But yes glad she went.

LaRae

Well, they have right to have new partners; they are officially not husband and wife anymore.

Shame she still feels the need to cause a fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom