The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-19-2019, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I was hoping she'd give it a break over Holy week/Easter but no such luck!

14th of July 1223 : Death of Philippe Auguste,King of France
Old 04-19-2019, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Tessy and Maria Teresa could have had a great relationship but at the end of the day, once Tessy and Louis divorced.....its assumed that Maria Teresa would always be in Louis's corner unless he did something absolutely foul to Tessy.

Since we don't know the cause of the divorce, perhaps Maria Teresa's and Tessy relationship has changed because that just what happens when people divorce. You can still remain friendly and civil with an ex in law but inevitably the relationship has to change. They are now connected by the boys....Tessy and Louis's son and Maria Teresa's grandchildren.

I also can't imagine Maria Teresa being vindictive...that doesn't seem to be in her nature or maybe I just don't know that much about her. I can't imagine her repeating the same thing to a daughter in law that was done to her.

IMO the best thing that Tessy could and should do is...raise her sons...maintain a good and civil relationship with Louis for son's sake...continue her work with her causes..and lay low. Stop throwing volleys at your exes. It does no good to anyone least of all her children. At some point they will become aware of the tension between their mother and their father's family and that's not good.

I don't even know what to say about her brothers. Its a shame her brother was bullied but unfortunately its not that surprising. There are some real nasty people in the world. And its a shame her other brother stopped speaking to her...I can't imagine her talking about publicly is going to convince him to call her.

Sometimes she comes across as her worst enemy. I wonder if that was the issue. In some respects she doesn't seem that mature or has any type of self reflection.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
She has to understand that her title is what makes her being invited. What did she personally achieve that makes her deserve to be invited? I don't see the reason that she being invited except the title she (previously) hold.

And I would not be surprised that if she continues to blame the GD family, especially MT, for everything in her life that doesn't go as she wants in the future.
She has done a great deal. Yes, she may have only got the jump start because of her marriage, but she certainly isn't/wasn't resting on the laurels of a title. For one who was not good enough to be a princess for years, and whose sons are not in line, she proved her value to the family. No matter how badly her divorce has been handled, once cant ignore the work she has done. Well I guess one could, but it looks petty at best.

If nothing else, Tessy is the UNAIDS global advocate for young women. Besides her UNA-UK involvement and Professors without borders.

MT is most certainly involved in the forum. And she may very well be involved in the uninviting of Tessy. Not intentionally. The forum may have thought it would cause tension/issues for both women to attend.

Quote:
Former Princess Tessy of Luxembourg reveals her eldest brother won't talk to her because she married royalty – while her twin brother is STILL bullied at work 13 YEARS on from her wedding:

I can't see this actually being true, the fact that she's still trying to get her face out their and linking it to royalty is beyond me. It's embarrassing.
I can believe it. The young woman who got knocked up and landed a prince, in a heavily Catholic country. The rumors of her being a gold digger, of her trapping him and so on. Yeah, there was a lot of talk, and her family would have gone through a lot of criticism. And it wouldn't be any easier now.

That said she isn't helping with the talk. She is pushing them into spotlight.

But she isn't going to disappear from the spotlight. And why should she? Again what benefit is it too anyone? She is an advocate for a number of top charities. It certainly wouldn't benefit them all. Nor would it benefit her or her sons financially. Her job is promoting businesses and in the media world. She isn't going to move into a two bedroom cottage and be a librarian. She should be applauded for not wanting to live off the charity of her ex in laws. She is showing her sons the importance of working and giving back.

Now if she could leave her ex family out of her work, that would be great.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:53 AM
Majesty

Tessy has nothing to complain. Louis' uncle Prince Jean married the Dutch Diane de Guerre, daughter of General Gaston Claude de Guerre and of Eugénie de Guerre countess Wolff-Metternich. Diane herself married a Prince de Luxembourg. Diane's brother Thibaut married a Countess de Marchant et d'Ansembourg, Diane's younger sister Valérie married a Count de Marchant et d'Ansembourg. This deeply aristocracy-rooted family owns fabulous Hillenraad Castle near Roermond (Netherlands), see picture: https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...ODA2OA%3D%3D.2

Despite all this background Diane (Jean's second spouse after Hélène Vestur) is never accepted at the Court. Probably because the Court never fully accepted Prince Jean's first wife, let alone his divorce. But you never hear Hélène or Diane in media. You never hear them wailing or complaining. They never post the one selfie after the other. Both are/were exemplaric spouses and Hélène is a great mother of four Nassaus.

Spot the difference. This attention-seeking former gold digging spouse versus the discreet Hélène and Diane. Tessy Antony does not deserve one minute of compassion.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't ignore Tessy's work but equally I don't think its a reason to give her a free pass all the time. As for comparing her to the Grand Ducal couple's children, as the divorce documents stated, its expected that all but the heir go out and get jobs of their own. I don't think you can say they don't do anything when they aren't being asked to/expected to.
Tessy does do alot, and I think she does have some good intentions, but IMO she also wants a lot of attention for what she does and likes getting attention so perhaps all her work isn't quite as selfless as it could or should be IMO.
As for the Forum, I highly doubt MT got her dropped from it. At the most I suspect someone in the organisation simply realised the link between the two and thought it was might be difficult/awkward and detract from issues at hand. I mean if you had to choose between the two - a former member of the Lux family with some experience doing speeches and some charitable work. Or the Grand Duchess with a wealth of experience working for good causes who's just hosted an international forum on the issue this Mexico conference is about.
I honestly can't see MT having anything to do with it and think it reflects poorly on Tessy for suggesting it.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She has done a great deal. Yes, she may have only got the jump start because of her marriage, but she certainly isn't/wasn't resting on the laurels of a title. For one who was not good enough to be a princess for years, and whose sons are not in line, she proved her value to the family. No matter how badly her divorce has been handled, once cant ignore the work she has done. Well I guess one could, but it looks petty at best.

I think it hasn't anything to do that she wasn't good enough to be a Pricness. if they had married and then got children their marriage would probably have been approved by the GRand Duke. It was the decision of Louis to renouce his succession rights so that hzis soin born before their marriage and future children would not be different in that one would ghave succession rights and the other not.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I don't ignore Tessy's work but equally I don't think its a reason to give her a free pass all the time. As for comparing her to the Grand Ducal couple's children, as the divorce documents stated, its expected that all but the heir go out and get jobs of their own. I don't think you can say they don't do anything when they aren't being asked to/expected to.
Tessy does do alot, and I think she does have some good intentions, but IMO she also wants a lot of attention for what she does and likes getting attention so perhaps all her work isn't quite as selfless as it could or should be IMO.
As for the Forum, I highly doubt MT got her dropped from it. At the most I suspect someone in the organisation simply realised the link between the two and thought it was might be difficult/awkward and detract from issues at hand. I mean if you had to choose between the two - a former member of the Lux family with some experience doing speeches and some charitable work. Or the Grand Duchess with a wealth of experience working for good causes who's just hosted an international forum on the issue this Mexico conference is about.
I honestly can't see MT having anything to do with it and think it reflects poorly on Tessy for suggesting it.
I totally agree with you! I would bet its more likely than someone who has no skin in the game dis inivited Tessy to remove any potential awkwardness, with no knowledge or input from MT. And because of any other perceived slights (for example, Tessy might have received a birthday call or card from the Grand Duchess but no longer does, etc.) its become a bigger issue.

Unless someone specifically said that the Grand Duchess told them to remove Tessy from the event, and she has proof, Tessy should say nothing. Again at the end of the day, this could affect the relationship between the boys, Tessy, Louis and the GD Family. What is more important...this Forum or the boys?

Old 04-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

I think she deserves to be invited/involved in many of the places she goes to and be acknowledged for her work but it would be awkward with MT's involvement as well.

She certainly doesn't have to disappear from public life like Lalla Salma if she doesn't want to but some of these interviews and a lot of her SM isn't doing her any favours. Whilst not Princess of Luxembourg or being given a new title like Alexandra in Denmark de Nassau will still open doors for her as well as her own professional contacts so I wish she'd go dark on SM for a while for her and her boys' sake.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Tessy has nothing to complain. Louis' uncle Prince Jean married the Dutch Diane de Guerre, daughter of General Gaston Claude de Guerre and of Eugénie de Guerre countess Wolff-Metternich. Diane herself married a Prince de Luxembourg. Diane's brother Thibaut married a Countess de Marchant et d'Ansembourg, Diane's younger sister Valérie married a Count de Marchant et d'Ansembourg. This deeply aristocracy-rooted family owns fabulous Hillenraad Castle near Roermond (Netherlands), see picture: https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...ODA2OA%3D%3D.2

Despite all this background Diane (Jean's second spouse after Hélène Vestur) is never accepted at the Court. Probably because the Court never fully accepted Prince Jean's first wife, let alone his divorce. But you never hear Hélène or Diane in media. You never hear them wailing or complaining. They never post the one selfie after the other. Both are/were exemplaric spouses and Hélène is a great mother of four Nassaus.

Spot the difference. This attention-seeking former gold digging spouse versus the discreet Hélène and Diane. Tessy Antony does not deserve one minute of compassion.

Diane and Helene are private citizens. They weren't involved in charity work, at least publically. They don't run businesses which rely on media attention. So no they are not comparable at all to Tessy.

I said more then once that her criticism of her exes is absurd and needs to end.

That said why should she have to disappear?? Was Diana expected to give up her patronages when she divorced? Was Alexandra in Denmark expected to give up her patronages when she divorced? The clear answer is NO. So why should Tessy be expected to give up her patronages? She is an UNAIDS advocate, a founder of Professors without borders. These aren't minor patronages that she can simply just walk away from. And again who benefits if she walks away from them? Not her charities at all.

As for her business, well you cant have it both ways. You cant claim her a gold digger and then turn around and criticize her for working. No she isn't going to be some little librarian in the park. If she lived off her ex in laws, people would criticize her for being lazy and out for money. Instead she is creating a business and making something of herself.

Quote:
I think it hasn't anything to do that she wasn't good enough to be a Pricness. if they had married and then got children their marriage would probably have been approved by the GRand Duke. It was the decision of Louis to renouce his succession rights so that hzis soin born before their marriage and future children would not be different in that one would ghave succession rights and the other not.

Even if Louis gave up his line in succession, Tessy and her son could have been given some title when she married. Her and her sons weren't granted them until three years later.

Quote:
There is a difference between her charity work vs her work.

Unlike senior working royals, she actually has to have a job. Much of her publicity and comments have to do with her job. Promoting businesses and other work she has done. That is part of her job.

As for charities how do you think they make money for their work? They get publicity from their patrons. That is what royals do. They attend events to get people talking. Nothing different then British royals. Again her hiding in the shadows and not seeking publicity for her charities wouldn't be a benefit to anyone but those who wish she would vanish.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It seems like Tessy is doing her best to stir the pot with the Ducal Family of which her 2 sons are part of and its not very clever or fair to her sons ,she should really think before she opens her mouth in future.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:41 PM
Administrator

It's not the 1920's when people expect a divorced woman to retreat to the shadows or an earlier time when she would have been put in a nunnery.

Tessy has to support herself and if she is making a contribution to society by helping others, why should she should be quiet? It wasn't expected of Diana, Sarah and Alexandra and I don't expect it of Tessy. We all know how Diana and Sarah dealt with life after the divorce. The one to follow IMO is Alexandra of Denmark. The only difference, that with the exception of Alexandra's follow up marriage and divorce (which caused a lot of press)....Alexandra has never said anything negative about her former in laws. She does her charity work, raises her children, when the DRF shows up at events with her sons, she is pleasant. Who knows what she is thinking behind the smile. Based on how Tessy is acting, can the same be said for future activities with her boys?

I just think that she shouldn't try to engage in a tit for tat with the Grand Ducal Family. She might win the in the court of public opinion (though I don't really think so) but she will lose as it relates to her relationship with the family. They are tied together forever with the boys. Its not fair to the boys if they want to enjoy life's events (i.e. graduation, plays, award ceremonies, marriage, etc.) if Mum and the Grand Parents can barely tolerate each other cause Mum can't stop slamming the Grand Parents in the press. Grand parents, whom if I am correct...have never said anything negative about Tessy.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Part of me thinks Tessy is sour as she's no longer a Princess ,if this is the case she'd want to get a grip of reality and the sooner the better if for nothing else other than her 2 sons sake.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Tessy needs to take time out from social media, IMO she uses it rather unhealthily and doesn't realise the longer term implications of some of her posts (digs at her in-laws who are still no matter what her children's grandparents).

I completely agree with Zonk - look at how Alexandra managed her post-divorce relationships with her former in-laws. She and Joachim clearly realised early on that they had to put their children first - that everyone had to be able to stand in the same room for the boys big life events - confirmation, 18th, 21sts etc and to do so all needed to act with grace and dignity. Even if Tessy doesn't think they are the best in-laws just say nothing, its simple. Bear in mind always that Tessy has admitted she has a more private social media account so she knows this is a public one so when she posts digs at MT she does so knowing it will be public and create fuss - maybe she does so knowing it gives her 5 more minutes of relative "fame" but think beyond those 5 minutes to 5 or 15 years time.

I don't think she should disappear, she has some charity commitments and thats good but I do hate the way she is paid to promote some products (and I have said the same about Sarah Ferguson so its not personal to her).

I just wish she would focus on living her life following her own statements more often - female empowerment but then dissing her mother in law on social media, talking about how everyone is beautiful no matter what they look like but then taking paid promotion work for a cosmetic beauty company, posting about how people shouldn't be materialistic but promoting fashion brands, jewellery brands and wearing expensive gowns. I just wish she would practice what she preaches rather than just making grand sweeping statements that sound good, just my opinion. take some time out and re-evaluate whats important Tessy.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I am not sure the son born before the marriage would not have gained succession rights from the marriage of his parents if the marriage had been approved by the Grand Duke. It is said in the house law of 1907, to which no changes were publicly issued until 2012, that the throne would pass to issue from approved marriages, but the house law does not appear to specify that they must be born after the marriage.
Art. I . — Da Uns ein männlicher Erbe bisher versagt geblieben ist und seit dem Tode Unseres Oheims des Prinzen Nicolas Liebden ohne Hinterlassung successionsfahiger Descendenz der Fürstliche Mannesstamm des Hauses Nassau auf Unseren Augen allein steht, kann der in Artikel 42 des Erbvereins von 1783 gesetzte Fall eintreten und hat alsdann Unsere erstgeborene Tochter Prinzessin Marie-Adelheid und zunächst ihr Mannesstamm, aus gemäss den Familienstatuten Unseres Hauses geschlossener Ehe, nach dem Recht der Erstgeburt,Uns in der Krone Luxemburg, sowie als Chef Unseres Hauses und in Besitz und Nutzniessung des gesamten Hausfideicommisses nachzufolgen, jedoch ist bis zur Vollendung ihres achtzehnten Lebensjahres die Regentschaft und Vormundschaft für sie von Unserer vielgeliebten Gemahlin der Grossherzogin Maria-Anna zu führen.

Sollte Unsere genannte vielgeliebte Tochter ohne Hinterlassung einer Nachkommenschaft aus gemäss den Familienstatuten Unseres Hauses geschlossener Ehe versterben, so sind Unsere andern vielgeliebten Töchter und ihre Linien in gleicher Weise nach Primogenitur-Recht zur Erbfolge berufen.
Mémorial A n° 37 de 1907 - Legilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Despite all this background Diane (Jean's second spouse after Hélène Vestur) is never accepted at the Court. Probably because the Court never fully accepted Prince Jean's first wife, let alone his divorce. But you never hear Hélène or Diane in media. You never hear them wailing or complaining.
I agree in regards to Ms. Hélène Vestur, however, Diane refers to herself as Princess Diane of Luxembourg without the permission of the house laws or the Grand Duke (the Grand-Ducal Court refers to her as Countess Diane of Nassau). Princess Tessy, despite her objections to the house laws and the Grand Duke's decision in regard to the loss of her title in September, apparently intends to comply with them.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

An important difference between Tessy and other former royals is that most of Tessy's patronages were acquired in the two years after her 'preliminary divorce'. So, she actively used her title to get as much attention and honorary positions as she possibly could while her title lasted.

And she hasn't been very stable job wise switching between jobs every few months (or going without one), so it's not that she is building a steady career in a specific area. She is mainly working on self-promotion as a way to get money (and lots of perks) coming in. If she had just continued her work with Professors without Borders and held a steady job next to that, she could be/most likely would have been recognized for continuing charity work instead of being recognized for building a name for herself based on her royal connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I am not sure the son born before the marriage would not have gained succession rights from the marriage of his parents if the marriage had been approved by the Grand Duke. It is said in the house law of 1907, to which no changes were publicly issued until 2012, that the throne would pass to issue from approved marriages, but the house law does not appear to specify that they must be born after the marriage.
Someone born before a marriage took place cannot be considered issue of that marriage imho. And as far as I know the classic interpretation has always been 'being born within an approved marrisge' (conceived was not required as harder to establish). Only Monaco made the weird exception that off-spring of 2 people can be legetimized by a subsequent marriage.

Quote:
I agree in regards to Ms. Hélène Vestur, however, Diane refers to herself as Princess Diane of Luxembourg without the permission of the house laws or the Grand Duke (the Grand-Ducal Court refers to her as Countess Diane of Nassau). Princess Tessy, despite her objections to the house laws and the Grand Duke's decision in regard to the loss of her title in September, apparently intends to comply with them.
I didn't know that Diane did so. Can you share where she did so?

We'll have to see whether Tessy complies or not. Over the last two years she surely mixed up her names and titles and made the most intriguing combinations, so hopefully she will comply from September onwards.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

My apologies, I cannot remember the websites where I noticed her usage of it, but I will post them once I find them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Someone born before a marriage took place cannot be considered issue of that marriage imho. And as far as I know the classic interpretation has always been 'being born within an approved marrisge' (conceived was not required as harder to establish). Only Monaco made the weird exception that off-spring of 2 people can be legetimized by a subsequent marriage.

At least in most of Europe, I am under the impression that the classic interpretation and/or statutory laws follow the same rule as the civil code of Monaco: children born before a later marriage are granted the same legal rights as if they were born in wedlock.

Aside from England, which other countries in modern times consider(ed) children whose parents married after their birth not to be issue of the marriage?

In any case, the Civil Code of Luxembourg applies the same rule as that of Monaco.

Art. 330.

Tous les enfants nés hors mariage, dont la filiation est légalement établie, sont légitimés de plein droit par le mariage subséquent de leurs parents.

Si leur filiation n'était pas déjà établie, ces enfants peuvent faire l'objet d'une reconnaissance au moment de la célébration du mariage. En ce cas, l'officier de l'état civil qui procède à la célébration constate la reconnaissance et la légitimation dans un acte séparé.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Former Princess Tessy of Luxembourg claims her oldest brother won’t talk to her because she married royalty

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...royal-backlash
Old 04-21-2019, 06:31 PM

I don’t know why, but it seems like Tessy is sending out mixed signals. One day, she seems to dislike people. Like when she said she lost her invitation to that forum, because of her former mother in law. She also doesn’t seem happy about her older brother who avoids her. Which is understandable. The next day, she seems to love everyone, and everything is fine. Like this instagram post (https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfcRdhlX7Z/) where she says she loves everyone: ”I love my family so much- each and everyone of them! This includes my personal family and the family of my ex husband.”

It makes it a little difficult to take anything she says seriously.

Either way, she can think whatever she wants of her ex-husband and his family. But if she has any negative feelings or opinions regarding them, she should at least be silent about it in public (well, social media in this case). As I believe it will affect the boys in the end.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tessy seems to have a new boyfriend....or certainly theres a man she was happy to have her hands all over and kissing when she arrived back at Heathrow from Luxembourg before returning to her house with him.

Notice how she mananged to keep that quiet on her social media.

https://www.cotilleando.com/threads/...-novio.129539/
Old 04-21-2019, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

And the pictures were taken last month, so before the divorce was finalized.

Wondering what her new boyfriend thinks of her fight to keep her former husbands title/surname.