The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Claire's Family and Background

With the engagement announcement, many would be interested more in Claire's family, education etc. Maybe the members, whose native language is German, could add more details to this topic. As I've understood Claire's father is a very rich businessman, that owns some entreprises and hotels,Hartmut Lademacher, and she has also a brother.
So, Claire is German, though I've always thought that she has some Italian background.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Serene Highness

Luxarazzi blog has a good profile on her:
Luxembourg: Engagement Announced

Old 12-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Wow so she comes from a rich family!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Wow so she comes from a rich family!
A very rich family.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Nobility

Around 600 million euros. Her father is a selfmade millionaire, his company was specializes in billing and costumer care for mobile networks.

(Source: Luxembourg: Luxarazzi 101: Claire Lademacher)
Old 12-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Courtier

Isnt if funny how things work out, guillaume married a noble but not overly wealthy lady and now his brother marries into a very rich family. Similar to how Henri married a noble but not rich MT and his brother guillaume married a very rich Sybilla.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

And Louis married a commoner, AFAIK, not very rich - and his countrywoman!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Isnt if funny how things work out, guillaume married a noble but not overly wealthy lady and now his brother marries into a very rich family. Similar to how Henri married a noble but not rich MT and his brother guillaume married a very rich Sybilla.
MT isn't noble and from what I have read, she too comes from a wealthy family. I don't know how wealthy or not wealthy Stephanie's family is, I doubt they are middle-class judging from the chateau she grew up in along with the hotel her family owns. The maintenance and upkeep for those properties could be costly.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Sybilla´s father was rich, but her mother Olimpia is daughter of an Infanta of Spain and an Italian nobleman, she is cousin of King Juan Carlos.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Courtier

I was pointing out is the two younger brother of their generation ended up marrying very rich people. Where does Claire live now? I think I read that her family have a home in St Tropez, maybe they cold get married there?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Nobility

As Claire is studying in Rome, she very likely lives there.

Maria Teresa also comes from a very rich family, as far as I know.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 AM

I thought that Claire was in Washington DC now as a guest of some program?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravda101 View Post
I thought that Claire was in Washington DC now as a guest of some program?
She has spent a couple of months as a visiting researcher at the Kennedy Institute of Ethics at Georgetown University in Washington D.C., but she's back in Rome now. From the CV of Claire Lademacher at the Luxembourg site: http://tinyurl.com/c4k7ehp
Old 12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Commoner

Here you go :

Visiting Researchers Program :: The Kennedy Institute of Ethics
Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'd always thought Stephanie came from a very wealthy family as she's a noble. I assumed her family is wealthier than Claire's but after reading Claire's biography it sounds as if Claire comes from the wealthier family.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Being from a noble family does not necessarily mean your come from a very wealthy family, especially in terms of liquid assets. Land and a chateau have value but do not necessarily generate a lot of revenue and are very expensive to keep up. Ancient buildings require a lot of up keep every year.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
With the engagement announcement, many would be interested more in Claire's family, education etc. Maybe the members, whose native language is German, could add more details to this topic. As I've understood Claire's father is a very rich businessman, that owns some entreprises and hotels,Hartmut Lademacher, and she has also a brother.
So, Claire is German, though I've always thought that she has some Italian background.
Claire does look rather mediterranian, doesn't she? At least to me she does, although her parents and brother* do look typically Germanic. I wonder if she is mixed with something else?

*I'm presuming that the young man next to Princess Alexandra in the photographs that were published of the presentation of Claire's family is her brother.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
Claire does look rather mediterranian, doesn't she? At least to me she does, although her parents and brother* do look typically Germanic. I wonder if she is mixed with something else?

*I'm presuming that the young man next to Princess Alexandra in the photographs that were published of the presentation of Claire's family is her brother.
At some other sources, I've read the idea that Claire could have been adopted, but in fact it doesn't matter.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
At some other sources, I've read the idea that Claire could have been adopted, but in fact it doesn't matter.
I wouldn't be surprised, since both her parents are blond [unless her mother dyes her hair] and Claire's a brunette. I don't think that it's genetically possible for two blonds to have a brunette child. That said, I do see a little of her father [feature wise not color wise] in her.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Serene Highness

Very seldom do you hear of a royal marrying someone who doesn't come from a wealthy or very comfortable economic and social background or marrying someone who comes from a more humble background.

I was adopted at birth and look nothing like the parents that raised me. I also don't look anything like the older brother I was raised with. I'm also very different personally wise and my interests were quite different, although they are some similiar interests.

I have dark brown hair and blue eyes. My body shape is very different than the rest of the family. My features are also very different.

No one in the family that I was raised in has dark brown hair and blue eyes. They either have dark brown hair and hazel/brown eyes, or have blonde hair and blue eyes. The dark hair and the brown eyes have been the most dominant in the family I grew up with. A few here and there had the blonde hair and blue eyes. In the 120 or so years of pictures of family members that I've seen or had possesion of, no one has this variation of dark brown hair and blue eyes. What I was told is that it was a distant ancestor who wasn't photographed or that my genes mixed up differently than the rest of the family.

Before I was told I was adopted, I thought this was very odd and someone told me that it would be highly or extremely ususual that this would happen but not impossible.

Put me in a picture with my biological father's family and my facial features fit right in as well as hair and eye color. I look like I fit right into the picture.