Princess Alexandra, Current Events Part 4: September 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is a Princess Alexandra doing now? She lives in Luxembourg? Are you studying or working somewhere?

As for her brothers, we got to know about their loves, when they got engaged (In case of Louis - at the announcement of Tessy's pregnancy).

Can you share the news here? What do you say about her boyfriend?

Sorry but their is not any other news than “romance in Paris, flirt or love?” and their pictures.Not his name or something else

What is a Princess Alexandra doing now? She lives in Luxembourg? Are you studying or working somewhere?

This is what her official biography explains:
Princess Alexandra attended primary school in Angelsberg (Luxembourg) and then the Lycée Vauban in Luxembourg where she completed her secondary education, obtaining her Baccalaureate in Arts and Literature (with honors) in 2009. The Princess continued her university studies abroad. After studying psychology and social sciences in the United States, the Princess continued her studies in Paris where she received a bachelor’s degree in philosophy, with a specific concentration in ethics and anthropology. H.R.H. Princess Alexandra graduated from Trinity College in Dublin. In 2017, she was awarded a Masters in Interfaith Studies from the Irish School of Ecumenics with a specialization in Conflict Resolution.

With an interest in politics and religious studies, the Princess gained experience in journalism during her stay in the Middle East and in international relations experience through an internship at the Security Council of the United Nations in New York during the period when Luxembourg was a non-permanent member.
So, unclear what she is doing nowadays.

Unless her volunteering is currently her full-time occupation:
The Princess works as a volunteer to help refugees.

Then in Paris live the Princess Alexandra and the Princes Louis and Sébastien. Do the three of them live in the same house?

Then in Paris live the Princess Alexandra and the Princes Louis and Sébastien. Do the three of them live in the same house?

Apparently, Louis and Alexandra share a house/apartment in Paris. According to his LinkedIn profile Sebastien is platoon commander in the British army but looking for some kind of marketing job. So, if he still is in the army, it wouldn't make sense for him to live in Paris.

Apparently, Louis and Alexandra share a house/apartment in Paris. According to his LinkedIn profile Sebastien is platoon commander in the British army but looking for some kind of marketing job. So, if he still is in the army, it wouldn't make sense for him to live in Paris.

Yes, it was mentioned in the divorce judgment from Louis' divorce that he lives in a family owned property in Paris with Alexandra. Maid and cleaning services are provided and the bills are paid for.

I hope it will be known somehow if Princess Alexandra retrieved the card. It was a handsome gesture of the journalist.

Update: Princess alexandra's lost credit card

Visa Infinite: What is it and how is it different from other credit cards?

https://today.rtl.lu/news/luxembourg/1292698.html

The article claims:

the bank told us that prospective owners must have at least a million in the bank and have to pay a fee of about €350 a year.

Of course it would be possible that the Banque de Luxembourg would make an exception for a members of the reigning family & use different standards for them.

Last edited:
In my opinion Her Highness immediately cancelled Her credit card and issued a new one.

In my opinion Her Highness immediately cancelled Her credit card and issued a new one.

True and as a bonus it saves her from the trouble of getting her hands dirty by having to interact with the common people ;).

As for her brothers, we got to know about their loves, when they got engaged (In case of Louis - at the announcement of Tessy's pregnancy).

We knew long before Felix and Claire's engagement that the two of them were dating. She even attended the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie as the unofficial girlfriend of Felix. I believe it was also known that there was someone on Guillaume's life (her name was speculated if I remember correctly) before their engagement.

RTL made an article about the life of Princess Alexandra.
https://today.rtl.lu/life/royals/1291877.html

For most of her life, Princess Alexandra was excluded from the line of succession under Luxembourg's former primogeniture law that excluded female descendants from ascending the throne as long as there were other direct male descendants.

This interpretation, which I have seen in other articles, is puzzling. It is akin to writing that "Prince Félix is excluded from the line of succession under Luxembourg's current primogeniture law that excludes younger siblings from ascending the throne as long as there are other older siblings". Following this interpretation, the only person who would not be viewed as "excluded from the line of succession" is the hereditary grand duke.

Prior to the change to the succession law in 2011, Princess Alexandra was, under the semi-Salic primogeniture law, ninth in line to the throne. Currently, Princess Eugenie of York is ninth in line to the British throne, but unlike Alexandra before 2011, Eugenie's position as ninth in line is never equated to being "excluded from the (British) line of succession".

The difference I thought, was that under the old Luxembourg rules Alexandra would only inherit once ALL male heirs couldn't - i.e. not just her brothers but her cousins. The difference with Eugenie is that she gets her place from her father but a younger brother would displace her but, for example, her younger cousin James, Viscount Severn does not whereas if the Luxembourg rules were applied he would. But that is only what I thought.

The difference I thought, was that under the old Luxembourg rules Alexandra would only inherit once ALL male heirs couldn't - i.e. not just her brothers but her cousins. The difference with Eugenie is that she gets her place from her father but a younger brother would displace her but, for example, her younger cousin James, Viscount Severn does not whereas if the Luxembourg rules were applied he would. But that is only what I thought.

Yes, that is the case. :flowers: The difference is the reason why Alexandra was only ninth in line to the throne in 2010, whereas the (old) British rules would have made her fourth in line. What I find puzzling is that with Alexandra (but not with Eugenie), being ninth in line to the throne is equated to being "excluded from the line of succession".

Last edited:
I guess it is a matter of perspective. I believe the Nassau pact stipulated the Salic Law. However, in the event of a discontinuation of the monarchy due to that law, the closest heir of the last male would succeed. In the communication regarding the change it was worded as 'exclusion':
Les femmes étaient donc exclues de l'ordre de succession, sauf dans l'hypothèse de l'inexistence de tout successeur masculin.2
Apparently, the interpretation of how the non-male line succession was to take place wasn't exactly clear, which is why special decrees were made in 1907 making it clear how it was to be applied regarding his daughters. Which is: male line descendants first for the eldest daughter, than for second daughter, etc.

Because of the above princess Charlotte of Nassau is still considered NOT to be in line of succession. Only in the event of a possible discontinuation of the monarchy, the closest heir in female line will be identified (which could either be a male or female).

Last edited:
So, if salic law still applied with the provision for semi-salic succession in case of discontinuation, I'm trying to think of who would be the heir. I am not so sure in the cases of Henri, Guillaume and Sebastién: would Alexandra trump Amalia or the other way around? If Felix or Liam was the last male ruler it would surely be Amalia.

If prince Guillaume or one of his sons would have been the last heir it would be Charlotte. In all other cases it would really depend on what the family would look like at that moment: whether it would be Marie-Astrid or her descendants (again in male line only at first; but currently that would only be a solution for one generation, so depending on the provision made they would most likely continu with Margareta's children) or less likely, unless, prince Robert ends up being the last male ruler, his elder sister princess Charlotte (daughter of prince Charles) and her three sons.

Edit: Mods, apologies, we should have taken this discussion to a more appropriate thread. Please feel free to move it.

Thanks photoshop .
When I lived in Luxembourg 30 years ago, I was suprised the picture of my identity card was photoshopped.

Princess Alexandra and members of the Luxembourg Olympic and Sports Committee have arrived in Montenegro as part of the Games of the Small States of Europe, which take place from 27 May to 1 June , 2019.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx-JgURg6lq/

Princess Alexandra is supporting Team Luxembourg in Montenegro, having been present at the opening ceremony and watching several of the games today 28 May

https://today.rtl.lu/life/royals/a/1354567.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom