Princess Alexandra, Current Events Part 4: September 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What university in the US is Alexandra attending? Interesting how three of the royal children now live in the USA, Alexandra, Louis and I believe Felix.

That is interesting, I was under the impression that she was at university in Switzerland :ermm:

^ She looks so cute. I love her scarf. Thanks for the pic!

Let's be realistic here. Alexandra does not move in the same social circles as the British royals. She's attending university in the USA . Moreover, she moves in European social circles -- and she's likely to meet her husband (and she's not likely to marry for several years) at university or through friends in Europe.

This is not entirely true, Lady Marina Windsor and I think also her brother Baron Downpatrick have been seen in several occasions partying and holidaying in the same circle of the Luxembourg (and Belgian) young royals. But you are right, Harry wasn't.

Tnx for pic crm2317 :flowers:
that blond girl seems to love kissing our Lux princesses! I have the exact same picture with Tess :ROFLMAO:

What university in the US is Alexandra attending? Interesting how three of the royal children now live in the USA, Alexandra, Louis and I believe Felix.

Felix is not living in the US. AFAIK, he remains in Rome completing his graduate degree with Claire.

Alexandra is attending a small university in a very, very small town. Personally, I feel that it is irresponsible to list the name of that university on public forums.

William and Harry don't move in the same circles as the Luxembourg royals. There is no interest (from either side) in socializing together.

Amedea is correct. Several members of the extended Windsor family do mingle in the same social circle as the younger Luxembourg, Nassau and Belgian royals.

I would think right now Alexandra's focus is on her studies, not marriage.

William and Harry don't move in the same circles as the Luxembourg royals. There is no interest (from either side) in socializing together.

Amedea is correct. Several members of the extended Windsor family do mingle in the same social circle as the younger Luxembourg, Nassau and Belgian royals.

I was very interested in knowing this Lalla Meriem!. Thanks for answering!

She's too young to get married. I hope she finishes her studies, maybe do some travelling, meet new people and have fun for awhile before settling down.
I look forward to seeing her do public duties at some point. She seems poised and mature for her age.

I've seen some pictures of her doing a couple public duties here and there during the past couple years. There was even on ein the US where she ended up shooting a rifle. Although from the looks of the picture she wasn't holding the gun correctly and probably ended up with a sore shoulder.

I love the one with the bunny and the one on her brother's shoulders.

She is really pretty :flowers: I would love to see her in more events.

Lovely pictures. She has turned into a beautiful young lady. I LOVE the one of her and Guillaume! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Alexandra is featured on the university's website -- as a member of the university's tennis team.

Royal Musings: Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg is 20 today.

Felix is not living in the US. AFAIK, he remains in Rome completing his graduate degree with Claire.

Alexandra is attending a small university in a very, very small town. Personally, I feel that it is irresponsible to list the name of that university on public forums.

I wonder why she picked that school? I know Freshman year's are hard. I hope she is coping well and I bet she'll make a lot of lifelong friends. Congrats to her on her birthday! And welcome to the USA ;)

New pics of her! She looks so lovely, thanks for the pics.

I really love the photo of Alexandra and Louis with baby Gabriel at his christening. Very sweet

I wonder why she picked that school? I know Freshman year's are hard. I hope she is coping well and I bet she'll make a lot of lifelong friends. Congrats to her on her birthday! And welcome to the USA ;)

My guess: as mentioned earlier, the school in question is (per Lalla Meriem) "a small university in a very, very small town." Said school is something of a "diamond in the rough" - you've probably never heard of it unless you're involved in Catholic organizations (like this Knight of Columbus, for example) or pay attention to certain Catholic media, but it has a VERY high reputation in those circles. For a royal family as private and as Catholic as this one is noted to be, it makes quite a bit of sense.

My guess: as mentioned earlier, the school in question is (per Lalla Meriem) "a small university in a very, very small town." Said school is something of a "diamond in the rough" - you've probably never heard of it unless you're involved in Catholic organizations (like this Knight of Columbus, for example) or pay attention to certain Catholic media, but it has a VERY high reputation in those circles. For a royal family as private and as Catholic as this one is noted to be, it makes quite a bit of sense.

Thank you for the info! I guess I figured since a lot of other royals pick high profile schools in the US and England (like George Town, UCLA, London School of Economics) that that's what she would do too. But your answer makes a lot more sense. I never knew that school was intertwined with the Catholic faith in that way.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info! I guess I figured since a lot of other royals pick high profile schools in the US and England (like George Town, UCLA, London School of Economics) that that's what she would do too. But your answer makes a lot more sense. I never knew that school was intertwined with the Catholic faith in that way.

Put it this way: if you were a Catholic who thought that the big-name Catholic universities have gone too "secular" (for example, Notre Dame inviting Obama to do the commencement speech despite his, shall we say, wildly divergent position on abortion), you would go to a school like the one Alexandra is attending. For the non-Catholics reading this, the closest (but likely still inexact) analogy I can make to the school's position in American Catholicism is Liberty University (Jerry Falwell's school) or Oral Roberts for Evangelical Protestants, minus the controversial founder and the creepy reputation in general (your mileage may vary on that last one).

Of course, the calculus was likely simpler for Alexandra and the family: good education + Catholic + quiet - big-city distractions (cue quip about Papa Henri's heart here) = best fit. Not that different from the rest of us, right?

Put it this way: if you were a Catholic who thought that the big-name Catholic universities have gone too "secular" (for example, Notre Dame inviting Obama to do the commencement speech despite his, shall we say, wildly divergent position on abortion), you would go to a school like the one Alexandra is attending... Of course, the calculus was likely simpler for Alexandra and the family: good education + Catholic + quiet - big-city distractions (cue quip about Papa Henri's heart here) = best fit. Not that different from the rest of us, right?

I have been disappointed in the higher education of the Luxembourg royals. It took Guillaume FOREVER to finish his education, and Felix is also taking a long time to graduate from a university. Now Prince Louis and Princess Alexandra are attending universities in the USA which don't have strong reputations. Perhaps after what Henri and MT have gone through with the boys, they wanted Alexandra to have a more sheltered college life. Note that Alexandra did not go away to a Swiss boarding school like the boys, but stayed at home and attended a local secondary school.

Alexandra won't need to work in a career. She may work for a few years, find a nice Catholic husband, settle down, and have a large family. She doesn't have dynastic rights, per se (only if there are no men available). She won't be carrying out duties in Luxembourg .. Even though Louis will inherit money, he will need to find a career because his family does not have dynastic rights. The official website does not include the engagements, etc of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla, two very lovely people who I met in Belgrade. When the younger Guillaume comes to the throne, it will be his family that is the Grand Ducal family. His brothers and sister will be doing their own things, so to speak.
I have been disappointed in the higher education of the Luxembourg royals. It took Guillaume FOREVER to finish his education, and Felix is also taking a long time to graduate from a university. Now Prince Louis and Princess Alexandra are attending universities in the USA which don't have strong reputations. Perhaps after what Henri and MT have gone through with the boys, they wanted Alexandra to have a more sheltered college life. Note that Alexandra did not go away to a Swiss boarding school like the boys, but stayed at home and attended a local secondary school.

Maybe Princess Alexandra wanted to go to a smaller college and it had nothing to do with her parents.

Back
Top Bottom