The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Sébastien to graduate this weekend.

WORT:

Luxemburger Wort - Prince Sébastien to graduate this weekend

Old 05-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

LIVE from Fransciscan University of Steubenville:

Commencement Exercises Live | Franciscan University of Steubenville

Old 05-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Luxarazzi : Sébastien Graduates
Old 05-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to Prince Sebastien! Big day for him. I wish his entire family could be there.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

Oh my, congratulations to him! A pity - when can I see his photos?? Anyway, I congratulate him with all my heart and soul!
Same wish here moonmaiden23! I'll wait for photos of the complete family there (or even just his parents and Alexandra because his brothers have their own families already).
Old 05-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Majesty

fabulous news for sebastian. i guess all the grand ducal children have now graduated then?
i wonder why sebastian and alexandra chose the franciscan university. it doesn't seem like a particularly renowned or easy to get to place (ohio). how sweet that sebastian and the grand duke shared a hug during the ceremony.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Its a very Catholic, very religious university I believe.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

@Carlota
Will Obama Destroy Franciscan University of Steubenville? - Ken Blackwell

Definitely traditionally and loyally Catholic from what I can infer from that article. The article is from 2011, however, it says enough why GD Henri and GDss Maria Teresa chose that university.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness

Monarchie:

S.A.R. le Prince Sébastien à la Graduation Ceremony de l'Université de Steubenville - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Mai 2015
Old 05-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Is it a bachelor or a master studies? I can't find it in the articles posted.

The university seems to be a dodgy one.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:58 AM
Courtier

It's an honours degree!. As far as I remember, Prince Sebastien joined Franciscan in 2011
Old 10-24-2015, 06:18 AM
Royal Highness

So after 4 years of study he gained a 2 year associate degree?
Old 10-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder why a prince would attend a good, but not terribly prestigious American University? Anybody who is anything and has money goes to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Those are the three golden boys of the American system of higher education and its full of the children of famous Hollywood actors, wealthy businessmen and basically the cream of American high society. A lot of well-to-do Europeans and Latin Americans and even Arab royalty have studied there too. So, I find it odd that Sebastian went to that small university in Ohio. On a side note, I noticed that they didn't address him using his proper title of Prince. I do understand. He's probably incognito, but its just an observation.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Majesty

Maybe he and his family felt that the Ivy League was above his capabilities?

None of the children of GD Henri went to prestigious, intellectually challenging universities.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Aristocracy

What universities did Guillaume, Felix and Louis go to? I think that Alexandra went to the same one that Sebastian went to.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
I wonder why a prince would attend a good, but not terribly prestigious American University? Anybody who is anything and has money goes to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Those are the three golden boys of the American system of higher education and its full of the children of famous Hollywood actors, wealthy businessmen and basically the cream of American high society. A lot of well-to-do Europeans and Latin Americans and even Arab royalty have studied there too. So, I find it odd that Sebastian went to that small university in Ohio. On a side note, I noticed that they didn't address him using his proper title of Prince. I do understand. He's probably incognito, but its just an observation.
maybe sebastian decided that he wanted a smaller university, a tighter knit community, or simply wanted to be able to be himself without having to be 'the prince of luxembourg' also whilst during university. perhaps a close friend of his went also to this university and recommended it to him, or maybe he has acquaintances there. or just simply maybe this university offered him a good program for his chosen career. it is only for sebastien and his family to know.

i think it is something to applaud if he took into account other factors rather than just prestige or the fact that "this is where 'Anybody who is anything and has money' goes to"....

i believe this is a trend that was followed by his brothers too, which is in my opinion fantastic. they all seemed to choose universities that suited them and their needs, rather than choosing an university due to simply the fact that it is ivy league. Guillaume studied in a number of universities (University College, Durham and Brunel University, both in England, Institut Philanthropos in Fribourg, Switzerland). Felix studied at the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum in Rome, Italy. Louis studied at the American International University in London.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Luxarazzi: Prince Sébastien to Attend Sandhurst
Old 03-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

GD Henri and GD Maria Teresa visited Prince Sébastien at the Royal Military Academy of Sandhurst on March 25th. The couple met with Major General Paul Nanson and attended a gala dinner with Cadet Officers of the Normandy Company, which Sébastien belongs, and guests. The GDF will attend the Sovereign's Parade on August 11th.

Visite à l'Académie royale militaire de Sandhurst - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Mars 2017
Old 03-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Goodness Sebastian has really slimmed down since joining Sandhurst!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Majesty

Yes he has, and his mother the Grand Duchess seems to have as well.

It looks wonderful on them both!

Tags
letter, luxembourg, prince, sebastien