Prince Sebastien, Current Events Part 1: May 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: It's an honours degree!. As far as I remember, Prince Sebastien joined Franciscan in 2011

So after 4 years of study he gained a 2 year associate degree?

I wonder why a prince would attend a good, but not terribly prestigious American University? Anybody who is anything and has money goes to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Those are the three golden boys of the American system of higher education and its full of the children of famous Hollywood actors, wealthy businessmen and basically the cream of American high society. A lot of well-to-do Europeans and Latin Americans and even Arab royalty have studied there too. So, I find it odd that Sebastian went to that small university in Ohio. On a side note, I noticed that they didn't address him using his proper title of Prince. I do understand. He's probably incognito, but its just an observation.

:previous:Maybe he and his family felt that the Ivy League was above his capabilities?

None of the children of GD Henri went to prestigious, intellectually challenging universities.

What universities did Guillaume, Felix and Louis go to? I think that Alexandra went to the same one that Sebastian went to.

I wonder why a prince would attend a good, but not terribly prestigious American University? Anybody who is anything and has money goes to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Those are the three golden boys of the American system of higher education and its full of the children of famous Hollywood actors, wealthy businessmen and basically the cream of American high society. A lot of well-to-do Europeans and Latin Americans and even Arab royalty have studied there too. So, I find it odd that Sebastian went to that small university in Ohio. On a side note, I noticed that they didn't address him using his proper title of Prince. I do understand. He's probably incognito, but its just an observation.

maybe sebastian decided that he wanted a smaller university, a tighter knit community, or simply wanted to be able to be himself without having to be 'the prince of luxembourg' also whilst during university. perhaps a close friend of his went also to this university and recommended it to him, or maybe he has acquaintances there. or just simply maybe this university offered him a good program for his chosen career. it is only for sebastien and his family to know.

i think it is something to applaud if he took into account other factors rather than just prestige or the fact that "this is where 'Anybody who is anything and has money' goes to".... :whistling:

i believe this is a trend that was followed by his brothers too, which is in my opinion fantastic. they all seemed to choose universities that suited them and their needs, rather than choosing an university due to simply the fact that it is ivy league. Guillaume studied in a number of universities (University College, Durham and Brunel University, both in England, Institut Philanthropos in Fribourg, Switzerland). Felix studied at the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum in Rome, Italy. Louis studied at the American International University in London.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Goodness Sebastian has really slimmed down since joining Sandhurst!

:previous: Yes he has, and his mother the Grand Duchess seems to have as well.

It looks wonderful on them both!;)

I haven't seen Sébastien and Maria Teresa look so good in a long time. In earlier pre-Sandhurst photos Sébastien had gained an enormous amount of weight that was very unbecoming, but now he has trimmed down so well. [I can only imagine the type of exercise routine that these young men are expected to engage in!] He even looks younger and Maria Teresa, also, looks to have lost a lot of weight and also looks younger. We haven't seen her this thin in a long time. I hope that they are able to keep the weight down, but it seems that MT, Guillaume, Sébastien and Alexandra have struggles with their weight that fluctuates quite a lot [if we go by photos], while Felix and Louis are like their dad, naturally thin and constant in their weight.

Last edited:
Felix was running a vineyard and chateau for his father in law but appears to have moved on now.
Sebastian is in the British army (I think)
Alexandra...I don't know.

Sebastien is indeed in the army but it looks like he is looking for another job:

I have been managing a Platoon of 20 men for the past year, training them both on camp, and on a five week exercise in the Thai jungle. I am looking for work in marketing and event management, which I have some experience in, having done an internship in Hong Kong working for LVMH watch and jewellery.
From LinkedIn.

:previous: With all the fuss surrounding Louis and Tessy's divorce lately I often forget about other news within the GDF. Lovely photos of Sebastien.

Is Prince Sebastien seeing anyone at the moment?

Is Prince Sebastien seeing anyone at the moment?

The last rumor I remember was from 2015, a nursing student named Sarah. Like the rest of his family he's very quiet about his personal life.

About Prince Sebastien's sentimental life, only this rumor of an alleged relationship with a nurse was learned. There was also a rumor of a relationship with Spanish millionaire Gala Escarrer.

Nothing is known about Prince Sebastien's professional life either.

Last edited:
About Prince Sebastien's sentimental life, only this rumor of an alleged relationship with a nurse was learned. There was also a rumor of a relationship with Spanish millionaire Gala Escarrer.

Nothing is known about Prince Sebastien's professional life either.

I'd say the latest news we had, was that he was stationed at Hounslow Barracks in London with the 1st Battalion Irish Guards as a troop commander (July 2018).

This is what Wikipedia has to say about the recent/current activities of the Irish Guards:
2019/20[edit]
December 2019 saw the Irish Guards deploy on two operations concurrently. Number 1 Company deployed to South Sudan on Operation Trenton and the rest of the Battalion deployed to Iraqon Operation Shader, training Iraqi Security Forces in the mission to defeat Daesh. However, the deployment rapidly changed in January 2020 with the escalation of the 2019–20 Persian Gulf crisis following the American strike on Major General Qasem Soleimani. The Irish Guards' mission changed from training to force protection in order to protect British assets in Iraq from possible retaliation by Iran. Eventual de-escalation saw the Irish Guards resume their original mission.
As a result of the Army 2020 Refine reforms, the Irish Guards are in the process of relocating from Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow to Mons Barracks at Aldershot Garrison.
Sébastien's grandfather was the honorary colonel of the Irish Guards from 1984 to 2000 (his abdication I suppose; a position now occupied by the duke of Cambridge).

Last edited:
I'd say the latest news we had, was that he was stationed at Hounslow Barracks in London with the 1st Battalion Irish Guards as a troop commander (July 2018).

He's no longer at Hounslow Barracks in London.
According to the latest information he lives in Paris with Princess Alexandra and Prince Louis. According to the Grand Ducal House website he was looking for a job in his area.

He's no longer at Hounslow Barracks in London.
According to the latest information he lives in Paris with Princess Alexandra and Prince Louis. According to the Grand Ducal House website he was looking for a job in his area.
Do you have a link to this news? His biography seems not to have been updated; as it states:
Since then, Prince Sébastien has commanded a platoon of the Irish Guards, a regiment of the British Army in which his grandfather, Grand Duke Jean, served during World War II.

But I did wonder when he would join his brother and sister in Paris :flowers:

Or was his trip to New Zealand -that was also mentioned- recent and is he currently looking for a job in the Renewal Energy sector (most likely in a communication role - as that's what his Bachelor is in):
Curious by nature, Prince Sébastien enjoys discovering new cultures, which led him to go traveling through New Zealand for three months before coming back home and looking for a job in the sector of renewable energy.

It mentions him coming 'back home'; so most people would assume that would mean Luxembourg but the family might actually think of Paris as home?!

Last edited:
:previous:
I can't say anything, but I believe he lives in Paris. But of course he can spend some time in Luxembourg, we don't know.
But I don't think he's in the regiment in London anymore.

I think if he was with someone; she would have made it in one of the papers by now, as they are followed all the time by the press. He seems a lovely guy to go on a date with.

I think if he was with someone; she would have made it in one of the papers by now, as they are followed all the time by the press. He seems a lovely guy to go on a date with.

It's easy for a Prince of Luxembourg to hide a girlfriend, just don't show up with her at an event where the press is present.
Prince Sebastien is not the heir to the throne and so there is not so much interest of the press in his life.
But it's amazing how Sebastien and Alexandra have managed to hide their relations from the press!

Posts about Prince Sebastien at the wedding of his cousin Archduchess Gabriella has been moved to the thread about that wedding, which you can find here.

Back
Top Bottom