The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
2 years. Is it normal for a master program to have lessons only a day per week?
I'm only familiar with the US graduate degree system. Here it takes a lot more than 1 day per week, but there are many programs that are only 1 year here.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Aristocracy

What's the course Bioethics all about?
(well, eh, I'm a freshman in college and I'm one year younger than him).

Old 06-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Bioethics is the philosophical study of the ethical controversies brought about by advances in biology and medicine. Bioethicists are concerned with the ethical questions that arise in the relationships among life sciences, biotech, medicine, politics, law, philosophy, and theology.
-Wikipedia

Anyone see the movie Gattaca?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:46 AM
Aristocracy

what is this film,grim lady?
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
2 years. Is it normal for a master program to have lessons only a day per week?
The masters program I'm in is one day a week. You have the option of taking two days but mostly it is one day per week. I think on the graduate level it is designed with the idea in mind that most people at this point are employed at full-time jobs and want to spend as little time at school as possible and get it done-that's why my program does it that way-because its assumed that by the time you get to grad school you have other commitments that an 18 year old undergraduate freshman wouldn't have.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Sébastian is in Promi.

'Ich will nicht anders sein' I think means 'I do not want to be different'. Maybe someone better on the language can correct if it's wrong :)

Promi
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Courtier

I have no Idea about the article"s date. but here it is :

Revue - Unsere aktuelle Ausgabe

Enjoy
Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Courtier

It's recent. The rugby team participated in press interviews just recently which is why the coverage of Seb in Revue, Promi and other mags.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
It's recent. The rugby team participated in press interviews just recently which is why the coverage of Seb in Revue, Promi and other mags.
Thank you Lalla Meriem. What are the other Magazines which has Sebastien"s picture as their coverage?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
Thank you Lalla Meriem. What are the other Magazines which has Sebastien"s picture as their coverage?
Revue and Promi are both magazines that are part of a larger publishing group. Other magazines are published by the same company and often utilize the same articles in different languages. I was referring to those other magazines like Tageblatt and such which come from the same sources.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Commoner

What does the article mean? I ran it through google translator and got this:

The guys who throw the egg-shaped leather ball from one to another, carry or kick are tough: They play rugby. One of them is Prince Sébastien, the youngest scion of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. During a training session at the sports ground in cessing "Stade Boy Konen" has seen the revue, as claimed, the 17-year-old under the tough guys. The current issue of the Luxembourg weekly magazine is the state of emergency during the great peasant demonstration on Monday at Kirchberg. A review team has mingled with the demonstrators to hold the event for their readers in word and image.

But I'm not sure I get it..... What "peasant demonstration"?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdave View Post
What does the article mean? I ran it through google translator and got this:

The guys who throw the egg-shaped leather ball from one to another, carry or kick are tough: They play rugby. One of them is Prince Sébastien, the youngest scion of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. During a training session at the sports ground in cessing "Stade Boy Konen" has seen the revue, as claimed, the 17-year-old under the tough guys. The current issue of the Luxembourg weekly magazine is the state of emergency during the great peasant demonstration on Monday at Kirchberg. A review team has mingled with the demonstrators to hold the event for their readers in word and image.

But I'm not sure I get it..... What "peasant demonstration"?
I think the peasant demostration is the farmer's demostration where farmers from around Europe met in Luxembourg to demostrate against the European Union.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Courtier

It's a protest of farmers not peasants. Here's a little info on the protest and here's a little more which from the looks of the pictures on Wort seemed to have gotten out of hand.

It's not related to Seb it's just the other headline on the magazine. Seb plays on Luxembourg's national U18 (under 18) rugby team. He just wants to be treated like one of the guys and he works hard just like everyone else on the team.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Nobility

For some reason, the link up top took me to another story with a picture of a plane crash. This is the article about Sebastien.

Revue - Blaues Blut und blaue Flecken
Old 10-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosette minette View Post
WOW !!! he is as tall as his dad! thats really tall and he is only 16!

Well, that´s not unusual to be grown up when you´re 16. Some are even 6 ft. tall when 14...!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Well, that´s not unusual to be grown up when you´re 16. Some are even 6 ft. tall when 14...!
Sebastien will be 18 in April 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_lady View Post
For some reason, the link up top took me to another story with a picture of a plane crash. This is the article about Sebastien.

Revue - Blaues Blut und blaue Flecken
Yipee, another article about Sebastien, I just LOVE reading about the Luxembourgish royals. Sad that they are not followed by the paparazi like the British Royals.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good article, thanks for posting. Sebastien is a real cutie!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Good article, thanks for posting. Sebastien is a real cutie!
Yeah, He is. He and his sister Alexandra are the most cute children of the Grand Duke and The Grand Duchess.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
Yipee, another article about Sebastien, I just LOVE reading about the Luxembourgish royals. Sad that they are not followed by the paparazi like the British Royals.
Sad? I actually think it's a good thing... for them.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

but for us is even bad...

The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)

Tags
letter, luxembourg, prince, sebastien